It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Intro To Anarchism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I myself have a different opinion...I mean if one bullet can save the world from people like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, or any number other murderous scoundrels...

One bullet can save countless lives sometimes.

It sucks but it is true. The price is true to... To commit to the one bullet idea means once you pull the trigger that will probably be your last action on earth...

The Sacrifice of the one for the many..... Is it worth it?

I'd like to think so... I am sure others think so too.. Hence the g-20 Riot squad keeping any and all back.

Of course if world leaders are that scared of people then they should stop advertising their meetings...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by platipus
anarchism is terrible and i bet u didnt give enough thought into it.

Can you elaborate on the 'terrible' parts of anarchy?

Or are you just repeating things that people want you to think?
Beat me to it.

1./ anarcho-syndicalism--------------------- Industrial unionism, workers self management

2./ anarchist communism------------------- Communal organisation of economic life. Right to free consumption. Internal factionalism revolves around isolationist (pure communist/communal experimentalist) and Federalist wings

3./ eco-anarchism---------------------------- Natural environmental region. Internal factionalism between industrial and anti-industrial/primitivist wing

4./ individualist anarchism------------------ Non-capitalist market place, monetary reform. Rejects right to free consumption. Need for individual economic autonomy

5./ libertarianism or lifestylism------------ Nudism, vegetarianism, free love, Esperanto etc., movements

This is a reply to your post on the other thread. eco-anarchism, anarcho-syndicalism, and anarcho capitalism are pretty much what I believe in. Pretty much a giant free trade system, with a constitution that everyone agrees with. I want much of the constitution to do with the Earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't know about platipus but there is the age old problem of tyranny of the majority. Many important historical figures were vehemently against direct democracy for this reason.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

~ Benjamin Franklin, leader of the American Revolution

"We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of Democracy... It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."

~ Alexander Hamilton, Secretary of the Treasury to George Washington, author of the Federalist Papers

"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

~ John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

~ Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

~ James Madison, 4th President of the United States, Father of the Constitution

"The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived."

~ John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States

"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."

~ John Marshall, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court,

This can be alleviated with a consensus form of democracy similar to how the constitution was concieved taking parts of all contributing viewpoints without the specific exclusion of the minority. This still leaves the problem of an ill-informed populous however.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

~ Winston Churchill

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

who r these "people" that want me to think? i can think on my own unlike people that want anarchism. they all think it sounds good without thinking twice about it and its consequences.

maybe if its to break down a system to rebuilt then im for it if the new system will be fair enough for people to live by.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
we would be open to attacks from any side and lots of mayhem and chaos would wreak havoc if we can choose to organize communities.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

who r these "people" that want me to think? i can think on my own unlike people that want anarchism. they all think it sounds good without thinking twice about it and its consequences.

maybe if its to break down a system to rebuilt then im for it if the new system will be fair enough for people to live by.
You should probably use proper English, It would get your points across more clearly.

What do you think the idea stands for? I have thought twice about it many times, I have even dropped from my ideals, but now I'm sure it can work, I have thought for nearly a year about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

why do you care if i type a whole page or not?
its my opinions and u shouldnt get mad just because im opposing your anarchy idea.

stop being a bunch of hypocrites and start living by your words and leave your computer if you want to make changes in your life. jesus

[edit on 7-10-2009 by platipus]

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Alot of people do hear the word 'anarchist' and immediatly think of things like the anarchists cookbook and troublemakers. Its hard to convince some of them otherwise.
My favourite form of anarchism is individualist anarchism.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sicklecell

well why dont you think about the "bad side" of anarchism then?
you think all the people will be good for just the "good side" of it?
everyone will want to do w/e the hell they want.

if it's to bomb the whole Earth and cause extinction.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Okay can you tell me EXACTLY what is wrong with the ideas of say, Kropotkist anarchism or is your particular gripe against individualist anarchism or anarcho-capitalism?

You think nobody has ever thought about anarchism?

Do you read many books?

www.infoshop.org...

Here read that FAQ, it might help you.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Everyone always wants to do whatever the hell they want. You would still be limited by a set of laws only those laws would be created and enforced my the majority and not by representatives.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Anarchy exist in society today, almost everywhere you look.

I live in anarchy with my neighbors, my friends, my associates, and my family. No government and its rules govern the way I interact with these people. I treat them with respect because I know it is in my best interest to do so.

Money could exist in an anarchist world. If people, expressing their need to have economic liquid that can be traded for an array of goods, voluntarily decided to make a system of money through voluntary compliance, it could exist and make no compromises. The key word is voluntary, because anarchism is ultimately about being free.

LINK TO PRACTICAL ANARCHY

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

And people don't do that with the existing social structures??

Have you given any thought about the words you type on the keyboard... No offence to you my friend, but you seem to automatically dislike what we are saying without offering any other alternatives.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I have no idea what your trying to say. Put your words together properly, please, and maybe we can get some where. i have no problem with you disliking anarchism, it's just that you don't look at the ideology of it and think about what you say that irritates me. Learn what we believe, then you can dislike it as much as you want.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

oh please.

anarchy you want go grab it.

i could care less about ur rants on the way i type over a forum community.
no big deal. i bet u get irritated when ur fingernail is broken.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Its not as simple as saying "i want a change so im gone throw out my computer and all possesions". No it takes a plan to make a change and unfortunatly a change also takes money.

You think you come in and enlighten everyone?
Some of us have thought long and hard about this subject, both the pro's and con's.
You should keep your assumptions to yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Platipus. I am not a hypocrite nor, do I sit by my computer all day long. Also..I know you are new here on ATS but every time you hit the reply button you will see some words both on top of the box and at the bottom of the box.

I suggest you read those words next time you hit "reply"

Those words specifically address chat speak or TXT Messaging shorthand on ATS.

I am not mad at you for nothing.... I am just trying to tell others not to feed one liners or people that Flame and Troll to garner inflammatory responses.

Here is a link to the Terms and conditions of ATS including what manner of posting style is expected.... Mostly the style expected is courteous or at least Tactful....

This has little to do with the topic so Forgive me for spending so much time on this matter.... I'm just trying to do what I can for the newer members that do not know their way around ATS yet....

Its not like other conspiracy sites.... ATS has standards.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

i think i could live with what we have right now.
it just needs ALOT of improvement and a better leader to run it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

i do that ty very much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join