It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you fill the monitor with your URL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Funnily today I received my 19''-monitor, but suddenly I see ATS smaller than ever before, due to the fact, that left and right a big part is cut off, just to tell me, that I am on ABOVETOPSECRET.COM.

I know that for myself, and I expected to be there, but why is the view worse than before?

I for myself don't need that left and right hint. Maybe some need it, but couldn't it be a little smaller. It's eating a lot of screen right now.

Just meant as a constructive critique.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Siddharta]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Adjust your resolution.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Clay2 baraka is right, try the native resolution of the monitor, if that doesn't help, post a screenshot along with the monitor specs and we'll see if we can help you figure out what's going on.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have the same problem (i have a 22" monitor)

you can adjust you screen resolution to make it look like this (1024x768):

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
At 1280*1024 on a 17" screen, only a small fraction of the page has the titles.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The middle part with all the content is probably set by pixels in order to preserve page formatting. If you have a big screen with a high resolution or a widescreen monitor, then any extra pixels need to be filled with something.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh I see what you're talking about now, I never even noticed that before! I usually have my window set narrow enough that I don't see those side bands. I maximized my window and then I saw them!

One other option to changing the screen resolution is to change the browser magnification. In firefox, you can zoom in by pressing and holding the "Ctrl" key, then pressing the "+" key as many times as you like until the borders on the left and right disappear. That also makes the text larger and easier to read. (Ctrl-"minus" reverses the action).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I'm ok with the logo there. It's faded and not noticable. I am on the other hand very glad the links are gone. So much easier to click to focus and scroll.

Thank you ATS for changing that!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I'm ok with the logo there. It's faded and not noticable. I am on the other hand very glad the links are gone. So much easier to click to focus and scroll.

Thank you ATS for changing that!

Yeah . . . that was pissing me off lol

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My peeve is the Media home page.
Don't get me wrong, I like the nice graphics but geez, the JUMBO carousel thumbnails take up too much real estate.
I call it the Crayola screen.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Oh, you are referring to the watermark on the sides (read your post quick while I was on break). ATS uses that space for special advertisements and announcements. When there are none, the default is the dark, website URL/logo.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for your explanations and hints, guys!

So obviously it was not the ATS design that changed, but it was due to my new monitor.
I was a little dissapointed, because I didn't need my reading glasses anymore - only for ATS. But your tipps worked and I can view this site without those borders now!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
another solution:

if you are using firfox (does ie do this?), you can push ctrl + and - to zoom the window.

...but the site has to be designed so that people with monitors of ALL shapes and sizes can view it. this is true of nearly every site on the 'net.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Not really "another solution", as that was already mentioned 6 posts above yours, but yes that works.

new topics

top topics

join