It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the "Gaze of death" for Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So..what's up with this photo? We've had some brief discussions before on the power and staging of photographs.

for your consideration and comment, if you so choose. The front page of Stars and Stripes online.

A VERY stern, almost angry looking Obama, with a hand on the shoulder of the Palestinian president and the 'gaze of death' at the Israeli president.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebbf4424f753.jpg[/atsimg]

President Barack Obama meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, left, and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, in New York, Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2009, on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.

Stripes.com

I'm probably just reading too much in to things, like I've been known to do, but he seems really irked. I think a picture tells a lot. He looks pissed off.

Care to examine the symbolism here?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Honestly, Obama probably doesn't like the guy on a personal level. But that being said, Obama is hard to read. He seems to have a good poker face, which is pretty useful in this gig. The only downside is his poker face looks angry.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I actually find Obama quite determined as opposed to angry. It could also simply be a bad picture.

What interests me in the picture is how much Netanyahu looks like John McCain! What, with the comb-over and the short arm that is really straight. He's even doing that McCain squished face thing. Maybe it's just me though...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think he was constipated.

Yeah. Look at his face, his body language.

As in, "constipated since his election."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
At first glance, to me it appears as if president Obama wants to give the impression that he is forcing Netanyahu to shake hands with a Palestinian leader.

Or to the world that HE is in charge of the situation, and that Israel will do as he says.

Fascinating picture, sometimes a simple photo op reveals far more than it was intended to.

Edit: Or maybe he was just constipated as the post above mine says.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Astrologically speaking - I believe he is a Gemini moon - and if this is the case he'll be a good orator but you will never really know what he's going to do next -
and neither will he. It's a rather cold moon in that the emotional self can be very detached - also making him hard to read.
He's not interested in the drama -too emotionally draining -
but he is interested in being able to change his mind.

If you don't buy into astrology -
Disregard what you just read.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Constipated.
Always, Dooper.

Poker face, maybe.

One of the things that struck me with this one was the arm on the Palestinian Prez, but NOT on Mr. Israel.

Oh, I found this in the related article:

Obama's Mideast envoy, George Mitchell, said the president took the risk because he believes the moment is uniquely ripe for progress - and because he felt an in-person display of his rising impatience could help.

He was being 'risingly impatient'.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hmm... Did someone take him to the side and tell him that he was supposed to be the most powerful man on the planet or something? What does his patience have to do with anything? *smirk*

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

from the look on his face he seems more "risingly impatient" with Israel...but from the way we have treated Israel over the years it could be that he doesnt have his hand on Netanyu's back because *snip* But really who knows?

mod edit, to remove rude remark

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'd have to agree with Dooper!

Um, I don't think anything of it. I'd like to have seen a video of the entire thing. A picture is worth a thousand words, but the darndest things seems to come out sometime, and just don't represent the truth.

Every thing You mention makes since.........holding the Palestinian Dudes arm while looking stern, but as someone else pointed out; it could just show drive..."let's get'er done".

I'd like to see a video of the entire thing. Obama does have quite the ability to "play the part" of whatever, and whenever.

I guess he could be pissed in the photo; maybe he just got off Youtube, and was watching all the Israeli interviews saying what's wrong with him...............something along the lines of "he's an Arab"......"he's an Arab because his name rhymes with Osama".............Oh, and my favorite interview response which seems repeated a lot in the interviews,"he's black"

Just no telling without a video, or confirmation of constipation from his Secret Service People

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Translates into nakshatra Mrigashira, a sub decan of Martian energy, Vrishaba (taurus sidereal). poker face abilities is right. emotions blurring speech is hated by this sign, logic is key. Obaminator has agendas backing up this sign which is perfect for dealing face to the public. Ok spock with the weather.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Obama had to coerce them to shake hands.... the whole meeting was very professional but uncordial. Or so I've read. No hugs, pats on the backs, or pleasantries. These two , Netanyahu and Abbas, need to grow up. Ya gotta give a little to get a little.
(I also think it doesn't help when Netanyahu runs his mouth to the Israeli press, calling Obama a "dish rag", implying that Obama answers to him.....). Should someone maybe tell Netanyahu that we can get access to Israeli media, maybe? So we see how he says one thing around foreign leaders but then runs home and tells the press that he's the man!!....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthQuake

from the look on his face he seems more "risingly impatient" with Israel...but from the way we have treated Israel over the years it could be that he doesnt have his hand on Netanyu's back because *snip* But really who knows?

Oh my goodness!!

(I love it!)

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

I saw another picture on the same handshake and Netanyahu looks even more disgusted than Obama did.

It really looked like to physically HURT him to shake hands with a Palestinian.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58a890b79d3b.jpg[/atsimg]

The grimaced cheeks...if I didn't know any better, I would say he wasn't real happy to be shaking hands.

Do you think they'll 'grow up?' They've had a lot of time to try and learn how to get along.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No, I don't think they will. Grown ups have to be responsible for their actions and be willing to make sacrifices for the common good, something both of them have proven unwilling to do. If they haven't "gotten it" yet, they never will. Who knows, maybe they just like all the drama....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Does he look much older since taking office? That could explain the inability to poo.

Or maybe Icke is right and some world leaders are reptiles. Maybe Obama's facial muscles slipped back to reptile for a second. Or the poo thing, because I like saying poo.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

eh, i was excited until i saw the picture. Obama doesn't look very upset to me. He looks tired.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

eh, i was excited until i saw the picture. Obama doesn't look very upset to me. He looks tired.

Good call. He must have stayed up late drinking near beer. His bags have certainly been a little more pronounced lately. Don't know what it IS about being the president, but damn, it sure ages guys.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yeah, I imagine being President isn't all it's cracked up to be. Bush looked like he aged immensely over the 8 years we was in charge.

Everyone bashed him, myself definitely included, but we dont really know what they have to go through.

This is gonna sound funny but I love the Harry Potter books. I'm not a kid but I still enjoy them a lot.

In one of the books, I think it's the 6th one, the Prime Minister finds out about the Minister of Magic and how he isn't really the one in total control.

I wonder if something like that happens when who ever wins becomes the new President.

Right out of the gate they find out that there are more people at play then they ever knew. And of course, they never say anything, because who would believe them?

That part of the book has always struck a chord with me and makes me wonder if there isn't a lot of truth to it.

Just something to ponder I suppose.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Originally posted by mkross1983

Good call. He must have stayed up late drinking near beer. His bags have certainly been a little more pronounced lately. Don't know what it IS about being the president, but damn, it sure ages guys.

Maybe he was out all night with Breznev trying to hail cabs in their underwear.

Ok...I'm gonna say it...your avatar is just so wrong........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join