It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantined Navy ship - Captain And Chief Petty Officer dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Navy ship that has been under quarantine for almost a month now is due to return tomorrow. All crew were given the vaccine and everyone got sick which resulted in the quarantine. The captain of the ship and the chief petty officer are confirmed deceased and the ship is now under command of a new captain.
Crew are reported to have had fevers lasting 5-6 days with paralyzing fevers of over 104 degrees.

Here is the radio report, which includes this tidbit of info.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, that is interesting!
Why would they give vaccine for the crew if the ship is prety much isolated place to begin with.
I think that they were carrying the virus to begin with as one of the bioweapons arsenal and got contaminated somehow and were given not tested vaccine.
What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Boxer Amphibious Ready Group was quarantined when they arrived at Pearl Harbor in July. Quarantined means no one with symptoms was allowed to leave the ships.
www.cbsnews.com...

The group returned to San Diego on August 1st.
www.navynews.com...

No one died of the flu...or anything else.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Different ship different story perhaps

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxxcosta
Wow, that is interesting!
Why would they give vaccine for the crew if the ship is prety much isolated place to begin with.
I think that they were carrying the virus to begin with as one of the bioweapons arsenal and got contaminated somehow and were given not tested vaccine.
What do you guys think?

The military were being used to TEST the vaccine. So that is why they were given the vaccine.
I knew they didn't have enough research to start testing on humans!!!
I just wonder if they are going to scrap it now, or try to feed us the "well it is better than doing nothing" crap they usually try.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are 3 other ships under semi quarantine as well?

I hope 'they' do not expect 'our' military to force vaccinations on 'us' after this kind of horrific news gets out.

This could be the confirmation which we have all suspected as worst case scenario, the vaccine being the killer and not the flu, lets just wait and see how the bureau of propaganda spews this one.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by antar]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Too bad there is no information given in the interview. No ship name, no dates, no names. I wonder why that is. Avoiding fact checking?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, the USS Boxer Amphibious Ready Group consists of 4 ships:
USS Boxer (LHD 4)
USS New Orleans (LPD 18)
USS Comstock ('___' 45)
USS Lake Champlain (CG 57)

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So strange the only link on google is to this thread. How did you get the date of spetember 23rd?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Captain And Chief Petty Officer dead? hoax

Crews given swine flu vaccine AFTER a out break of swine flu on board.
no reported dangerous adverse effects from the vaccine.

This is just another viral you tube hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tiger Cruise Update: from the 13th MEU Commanding Officer

13thmeu.blogspot.com...

And this, also from July.
www.cbsnews.com...

and this
Defense Department to Begin H1N1 Flu Vaccinations All military personnel will be vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus, and the vaccine will be available to all military family members who want it, according to Defense Department health affairs officials. The H1N1 vaccination program will begin in early October. The vaccine, which has been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration, will be mandatory for uniformed personnel. Health-care workers, deploying troops, those serving on ships and submarines, and new accessions are at the top of the list. The department will use the usual seasonal flu vaccine distribution chain for the H1N1, Hachey said, noting that while the mass H1N1 vaccinations are new to the general population, the process for vaccinating against seasonal flu is old hat for the Defense Department. The department initially will receive 1 million doses of the H1N1 vaccine, and another 1.7 million doses later in October. FDA officials still are studying H1N1 and the vaccine, and the results should be known by the end of the month. The CDC has established target groups for those at greatest risk for transmitting or being affected by the H1N1. They include pregnant women, health-care workers, those younger than 25 or older than 65, and those with pre-existing health conditions. The symptoms of the H1N1 flu are almost the same as the seasonal flu: fever, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, muscle aches and feeling rundown. The federal government is urging states and municipalities to begin preparing now for the fall flu season.
www.news.navy.mil...

everything else I can find also says they will begin vaccinations in early October.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wont say weather it is true or not. However, the Military has experimented on it's own people several times. The Atomic tests in the Pacific or '___'. How about when the Government came clean about putting radioactive matieral in food at schools durning the 1950's (there are news stories but I wasnt going to pay the fee.)?

This could have happened or not- you will probaly not find out about it for 50 years or longer depending on how damning it could be. I have a friend that was in a SO Unit durning the Clinton years- anytime anyone was killed on mission- it was a "training accident."

Yes Youtube has a fair amount of Hoaxes and so does other sites- it may or may not be- but it still is interesting a "conspircy."

Besides Warrenb has had several good threads to date.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not to mention the gov't testing mustard gas on it's own soldiers during WWII.

(They tested it on my grandfather before he went overseas to fight - they told them "go over there and stand in that field and come back here when we tell you" and then they let it loose).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think this is a lot of misinformation or a lack of complete information at the least. Flu vaccines are never given when someone already has the flu as it takes 2-3 weeks to take effect.

Now it is possible that the vaccine was given to people who showed no symptoms or were not known to be exposed on board the ship.

I recently looked at the flu data for my state and of the positive tests that were actually tested further, 22 were 2 strains of regular A flu, about 8 were 2 strains of regular B flu and a whole 4 were novel H1N1.

There is a lot of guessing going on here.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

I think this is a lot of misinformation or a lack of complete information at the least. Flu vaccines are never given when someone already has the flu as it takes 2-3 weeks to take effect.

Is it possible that they're merely claiming that the vaccines were administered after the outbreak, to reassure the public that it wasn't the vaccine that caused the illness?

As other people have commented, it wouldn't be the first time the military have been used to test vaccines... Gulf War Syndrome, anyone?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz

Is it possible that they're merely claiming that the vaccines were administered after the outbreak, to reassure the public that it wasn't the vaccine that caused the illness?

I think it unlikely as there are too many witnesses and if their were that many medical personal on the ship, not likely a conspiracy.

I think at most it was given to those who were without symptoms.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by warrenb

Too bad there is no information given in the interview. No ship name, no dates, no names. I wonder why that is. Avoiding fact checking?

apparently, fact checking for you is cbsnews and the navy's own website! part of the whole fact checking process involves being able to distinguish between news sources that are likely to spread propaganda.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

The Navy had a contract with a vaccine company to test it's vaccines.

www.reuters.com...

http://(link tracking not allowed)/5txPo

This is from two years ago, Captain visits elementary school in Essex.
http://(link tracking not allowed)/8Te0Y

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Captain Brent Canady was there July 7

thetension.blogspot.com...

He is still on linked in

www.linkedin.com...

He was "relieved" by Troy Hart Aug 13

www.navy.mil...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My guess is that they killed him and Petty Officer because they got in the way.

Does a Captain test vaccines on himself? Or does a Captain say,

HELL NO, NOT ON MY SHIP YOU DONT!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join