It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Matthews: Talk Radio 'Gonna Pay' If Any Anti-Obama Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You have totally edited your initial post to reflect what you are now saying! Of course I know what implied means. It wasn't in your original post! Do you know what lie means?

Its been there from the beginning. I admitted that you are correct, he didn't say those exact words. I edited the wording to reflect that. He definitely accuses Obama critics of being racist and possible assassins. Which is were I came up with murderous racists. He might not have said those exact words, but its clearly the image he wants his audience to envision.

The fact your entire defense depends on that one thing is proof of your flimsy argument. You're latching on to one phrase and dismissing everything else based on that. What exactly are your arguing here anyway? That Chris is wrong but hes right?

Matthews did NO SUCH THING! Changing your post after the fact and then chewing me out for not understanding the new one doesn't do any good for your sinking credibility, which just took another nosedive.

He did. Its right there in the video you obviously didn't watch! You're the only one in here denying it.

I've asked you 4 times now who is going to "pay" and you ignore it every time, because it proves you're a liar. Keep repeating yourself though, someone might eventually listen....

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Its been there from the beginning.

:shk:

What exactly are you arguing here anyway?

I gave my thoughts on this subject in this post.

He did. Its right there in the video you obviously didn't watch! You're the only one in here denying it.

I did watch the video and I had already seen it on TV. I'm the only one stupid enough to be having this discussion with you.

Matthews did not "go on a tirade".
He did not "threaten" anyone.
He didn't mention race or racism.

Your first post (before editing) was a massive manufactured mess.

If I say that people who smoke and drink excessively are GOING TO PAY FOR IT when they get older, that is not a threat! I am not threatening them. It's simply stating that their behavior is going to reap negative consequences.

I've asked you 4 times now who is going to "pay" and you ignore it every time, because it proves you're a liar.

Why do you have to ask me this??? It's right in your post:

But at some point if we have violence in this country against our president of any form or attempt, people are gonna pay for it, the people who have encouraged the craziness.

I'm bored now...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

If somebody shoots the president, then how will Chris Mathews prove that it was right wing talk radio that compelled him or her to do it. That is what I am waiting to hear. He cannot prove it. Now or in the future.

Chris Mathews is a hateful little racist. He cannot stand that a black man can be president and have people oppose him on policy.

Go back to being a gay gigolo Chris. You are in way over your head.

[edit on 9-23-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Matthews did not "go on a tirade".
He did not "threaten" anyone.
He didn't mention race or racism.

I don't know what you're watching, but its not the videos I posted. I welcome everyone to watch them videos I posted and tell me Chris isn't mentioning race, accusing anti-Obama protesters of being racists and threatening them by claiming "they're playing with fire".

When I was a kid and my dad told me that I was "playing with fire" , it usually meant I was about to get an ass spanking.

Once NBC gets the transcripts up I'll post them, but anyone can click on the videos and see BH is full of it. If you really doubt Chris's position, look at ANOTHER conversation he had with his panel.

Video: video.thechrismatthewsshow.com...

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Rick, you've just got a big cover out this week in Time magazine about this paranoid streak in American history. We've written about it, learned about it for years. Is it part right now, part of it is this white attitude towards a black president? Is it that stark?

RICHARD STENGEL, TIME MANAGING EDITOR: You know, I start from the viewpoint that lots and lots of racists voted for Barack Obama. I don't, I can't tell you what is in people's minds and heart. I do believe that the reaction that's going on now would happen to a white president who's trying to do some of the same things that Barack Obama is doing. But I do think also that us dwelling on it, and I agree with Obama about this, is actually not good for the public discourse. It's not good for America. We basically have to move on from this kind of discussion and deal with him as he is, as President. And by the way, remember once upon a time we worried about the fact that people couldn't criticize Barack Obama because he's black. We're passed that now.

Matthews doesn't like that his first guest disagreed with his assessment, so he goes on to the next:

MATTHEWS: Let's take a look at this sign, I want Kathleen to go to this, "I Want My Country Back." That was last weekend in Nashville. Would that have happened with another Democratic president? I want my country back?

KATHLEEN PARKER, WASHINGTON POST: I think so, Chris, and I so agree with what Rick said. I mean, of course there is a racial element any time you have this conversation there's going to be a certain percentage. But, by the way, in January 75 percent of voters approved of Barack Obama, and they didn't, that percentage didn't suddenly become racists. So, there's something else at work, and when they say, "I want my country back," they're talking about this great anxiety that's widespread about the rapid growth of government, the growing debt and deficits, you know, this healthcare program that's so huge and incomprehensible to most. So, when they want their country back, they're not saying, "We want white America back." I don't think, I think that's a stretch. They're saying, "We want to remain a constitutionally sound country." And they're in doubt about that.

Forget the fact Democrats used that EXACT slogan in the 2004 campaign, Chris thinks its racist! Fortunately, his guest didn't agree. So, on to the next guest!

MATTHEWS: This existential question is about should he be president, that this rage we're seeing and these rallies, you think it would be there with Hillary if she were president?

DAVID BROOKS, NEW YORK TIMES: Yeah, I do. I mean, what Rush and Glenn Beck are doing, that's just race-baiting. 100 percent, that's race-baiting. But if you take a longer view what we're seeing now is what we've seen before in American history with Father Coughlin, William Jennings Bryan, with Andrew Jackson, Huey Long. It's a populist uprising of mostly rural people who think the moral backbone of this country comes from people who work with their hands, who are extremely suspicious when you get government power fusing with banking power which is a lot of what they've seen over the past few weeks. And so there, there, they would be upset if Washington merged with Wall Street the auto industry, the energy sector, the health care industry, and if a bunch of what they saw as overeducated people were leading the country. They'd be upset whether it was Hillary, whether it was John Kerry or whether it was Barack Obama whether it was anybody.

Matthews finally got someone to agree and notice who it is? David Brooks, the left wing's favorite "conservative".

]HELENE COOPER, NEW YORK TIMES: I disagree with you guys, I think race plays as huge part of what we're seeing. I'm looking at, you know, the, the, what you just described about the rural, the rural south and rural people who were afraid, I mean you didn't see that when George Bush was in power and he's the ultimate elitist.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

And I do none of those...I simply alter his name to reflect my contempt for him. Of course I could also reflect my contempt by refusing to use capitals for his name too...but I like mush loosebowels.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by grover]

how about that obnoxious oxicotin addled blow hard?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

how about that obnoxious oxicotin addled blow hard?

How is that adding to the discussion, grover?

And your signature also skirts the T&C's.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join