It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Recruits National Endowment for the Arts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Obama Recruits National Endowment for the Arts

www.thedcwriteup.com

This federally funded agency helped coordinate a conference call on August 10 which was hosted by several different agencies including NEA, the White House’s Office of Public Engagement, and United we Serve.

This conference call served one purpose: to promote Obama’s agenda through national public figures in the arts...art groups funded by government grants through the NEA were invited to this conference call where they were asked to use art as a means to advance Obama’s political agenda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
bighollywood.breitbart.com
bighollywood.breitbart.com
topics.nytimes.com
www.nea.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Threats, media manipulation on Obama eligibility - We have proof
Proof of a DNC Conspiracy to Elect an Ineligible Obama

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

* “I would encourage you to pick something, whether it’s health care, education, the environment, you know, there’s four key areas that the corporation has identified as the areas of service.”
* “And then my ask would be to apply artistic, you know, your artistic creative communities utilities and bring them to the table.”
* “Again, I’m really, really honored to be working with you; the National Endowment for the Arts is really honored.”
* “You’re going to see a lot more of us in the next four and hopefully eight years.”

Nice.

The National Endowment for the Arts is a public agency dedicated to supporting excellence in the arts, both new and established; bringing the arts to all Americans; and providing leadership in arts education. Established by Congress in 1965 as an independent agency of the federal government, the Endowment is the nation's largest annual funder of the arts, bringing great art to all 50 states, including rural areas, inner cities, and military bases.

I found it interesting what the new director for NEA has to say in the video on the home page:

www.nea.gov...

Yep, I guess you're working with your "partners" alright. So how about keeping Obama's agenda out of this, huh? :shk:

Well, here is the recent grants page at NEA:

www.nea.gov...

I guess that will be an interesting page to watch in the near future to see who's getting what, and what Obama-supporting political works of art arise from the people getting these grants.

In the meantime, I just thought I'd point out an interesting little piece of work published back in 1996:

Art as Politics in The Third Reich

Read a few pages of that and maybe you'll see where I am going with this. Or rather- where Obama's going with this.

www.thedcwriteup.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can I get an art grant for putting on a stage play or a movie about the birth of our savior? How he was born in a manger in Hawaii (not kenya
) and how he walked on water to get to Indonasia and how he heals the sick through nationalized health care?

Give me a break no people not see why this is a really bad thing?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm, I can see this wicket getting stickier by the moment.

Government endorsed artistic expression moderated by ideology.

Kids, this is where history will be made.

I'm not sure how the NEA can reconcile the 'direction' it appears ready to take, but I can say that from a logical perspective we're watching a repeat of what contributed to the current state of affairs in the MSM ....

Art is an expression of culture, politics is supposed to serve culture, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Art is an expression of culture, politics is supposed to serve culture, not the other way around.

And government has no business being involved!

Obama is illustrating what folly it is to allow government involvement. ACORN would have been in the list of government funded Democratic support groups if they had not fallen from grace due to corruption.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Heh, you know who would have a field day with this, don't yas?

www.deesillustration.com...

Yep, the guy that does the Rense.com artwork satires that always appear on the front page.

Art and politics are right up his alley. Obama might have a tough time recruiting him, though.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Heh, you know who would have a field day with this, don't yas?

www.deesillustration.com...

Yep, the guy that does the Rense.com artwork satires that always appear on the front page.

Art and politics are right up his alley. Obama might have a tough time recruiting him, though.

Oh man. I hope this becomes a topic for his artistic commentary.... I'm sure he would enjoy it!

top topics

join