It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of five slain in Beason, Ill.; killer on the loose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Family of five slain in Beason, Ill.; killer on the loose

www.stltoday.com

BEASON, Ill. — Two adults and three children were killed in their home in the small farming community of Beason, and police were searching for a suspect considered armed and dangerous.

This was "a brutal homicide against an entire family," said Logan County Sheriff Steve Nichols at a late morning news conference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
images.stltoday.com

[edit on 9/22/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This seems to be an ongoing trend...

A small "Farmer" town of about 200. One of those towns where everyone knows everyone.

More and more murders are happening on a daily basis especially around the St. Louis area. I guess people won't be leaving their front door unlocked in this town anymore. It's a shame how people don't value life and is able to snuff out another life so easily...

Other links below are pictures from the article.

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I asked my wife about this. She's from a small community north of there. She said, it's either meth related or a homeless person.

Just damn scary.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is crazy! It doesn't sound like it would be meth related. Not in a farm town, and not to kill a whole family with kids those ages! Usually the meth crimes only affect people in the meth community.

It said it was the first structure on the edge of the town, it could be a wanderer or an escaped convict. The article didn't state if a vehicle or anything was stolen?

How does a perp kill a man, wife, 16 year old girl, and 2 boys that are old enough to defend themselves as well? Surely someone would have fought back after the first couple of attacks? Maybe there was more than one perp?

This is a truly sad and scary story!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Let's just hope the the arresting officers don't use a Taser when they arrest the perpetrator, otherwise we'll need a second thread

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I grew up in the St. Louis area. I know exactly where this happened. Crazy.....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here's the news article today with a few more details. It looks like one of the little girls survived. Hopefully, they will be able to find a suspect(s) for this horrible crime.

After watching the "Survive Disasters - Home Invasion" on Spike TV last night makes me wonder if these people weren't professionals that did this... Definitely wasn't some kind of homeless person that stumbled upon this house.

See News Article Below:
Killer of Five Illinoise Family... (St. Louis Post)

top topics

join