It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
A lot of great research Slayer as usual a highly enjoyable and thought provoking read, star and flag.

This being ATS and all, where conspiracy theories abound from the that's so lame you call that a conspiracy to I know what ever helped you come up with that one had to be illegal lay of the stuff really out of this world theories I have one that gives me pause to wonder...

It kind of fits into the lost civilizations and the earth being much older and inhabited by humans than we like to think.

It sounds kind of cruel but basically what the planet Earth seems to be is nothing but a mining operation on a planetary scale.

We mine Yellow Gold and drill for Black Gold, dig ores, and gems and minerals and base an economy off of that, and in many ways every other profession is just in support of the mining operations.

In other words if there were no more gold or oil or copper to drill or dig the base from which the wealth then spreads to other service jobs just wouldn't be there.

We are a race of miners, drillers and diggers, that's what we really do here on planet Earth, for as long as recorded history goes back.

Of course yellow gold makes the world go round, but oil and fossil fuels is what gets us around the world.

Yet how do you make fossil fuels? Well you need a whole bunch of dead things at once in one place!

Now hopefully no one under age is up this time of night and I don't want to cause anyone nightmares but...

A battle like say...Armegeddon sure would stack up a lot of bodies...theoretically to many bodies to bury by the humans that were left.

Add dirt and let simmer a 200,000 years, maybe mix with a little radiation from say an atomic blast and you have yourself a whole bunch of fossil fuel (I sure hope no one from Exxon is reading or taking notes 'gulp')!

Now let that radiation mutate some harmless geckos into ravenous man eating dinosaurs, they have a tasy food source to chase around until they over breed and then you nuke them or create an ecological disaster ala "HARRP", add them to the pile...wow, you got a vat that's simmering there that will take a good long while to hit peak oil!

To think you thought the price and cost of Oil was too hight already.

It's an outlandish theory but you could keep your planetary mining operation regenerating itself through biodegradable things like humans and reptiles, and those humans are so clever (not) you could even teach them how to unearth the stuff for you.

That's all a wild theory of course, likely no truth to it at all, but one thing is true, at our core, what everything is based off of is mining.

Earth is a planetary mining operation.

Whether that's through accident or design local to just the earth, or provides some other function to other planets in the galaxy and universe I can't say (They won't let me, plus the doctor says I should stop talking about this stuff).

Got to go Icre Cream time, great post Slayer.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I feel like i'm reiterating everything everyone else has said, but I can't really "add" to this thread, but want to say, Good Job

SnF.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That's a rather interesting perspective. I'm kicking around the idea of a thread along those lines at a later date.

you know what they say about sick minds, they think alike.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Slayer,
This is a fascinating read.
I am curious to know what conclusions you have concerning the radioactive archelogical sites in the ancient Indus Valley and the "mythological massacre".

Will this be covered in Part 2?

I am looking forward to the next installment.

Alethea

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Well to be honest some of the information regarding the " Radio Activity" seems to be a bit fringe. I wasn't really going to touch on that. But now that you have mentioned it. I'm saving some interesting information I came across regarding that for yet another thread topic. I'll be sure to U2U an invitation to that thread.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Development of the Anatolian Aceramic Neolithic Package
11000 B.C. to 6000 B.C.

"When, on the other hand, the gods purge the earth with a deluge of water, the survivors in your country are herdsmen and shepherds who dwell on the mountains, but those who, like you, live in cities are carried by the rivers into the sea. Whereas in this land, neither then nor at any other time, does the water come down from above on the fields, having always a tendency to come up from below; for which reason the traditions preserved here are the most ancient."

"Query.... Could these foundations of civilizations simply be the result of mass migration inland or up to higher ground aka mountains which became islands away from the rising Mediterranean? People forced to migrate then came together? Seems every bit as plausible as any other theory. Also lets not forget these anomalies from around the same location and time frame."

Hmm, this is seems interesting because I know that ice melting into the ocean does cause ocean levels to rise at an increasing rate. If this were the case then there should have been sufficient time for almost all those seeing the rising waters to head to higher grounds to resettle so I do not believe that was the reason.
When I read the part of those living in cities are carried by the rivers into the sea, I ask, what can cause this? The only answer I could up with was some sort of tsunami or wave of destruction. A we know tsunamis cause a great level of destruction and carry with them debris along with people back into the sea. We know for a fact, that the result of a tsunami is that of a lot of lives lost. This seems like the most plausible reason for the loss of some civilizations.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Awakened2012

Unless as I have stated the rise came in rapid onrushes as well as a slow progressive rises. Both could have happened over a period of a few thousand years. I'll be covering that in part2. Lets face it, if we had a similar situation happen today and say NY was going to be flooded we wouldn't dismantle the Empire state building and move it to higher ground.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No. But Cincinnati and Cleveland would still be there.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Good job buddy. You clearly did your research and put a lot of work into it.
Like Antar said you should make documentaries.

I however like the alien, fairy tale versions.

S&F obviously, you make me.

Thanks.

Maybe somebody in Hollywood or a publisher will hear that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No. But Cincinnati and Cleveland would still be there.

Good point.

I highly doubt though that back in the period in question the earth had 6.8 Billion people.

I have some rather interesting graphs I'll be showing though. Soon very soon.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I would also like to join the large chorus of praise for Slayer's research, time, and effort in creating this thread.

Unfortunately, there will always be resistance in academia to revolutionary ideas that posit expanded length of human civilizations or re-write timelines. This is because such theories threaten the old, time-worn ideas of tenured profs and others at the top of the academic pecking order. We can see this in Egyptology, a field that stubbornly clings to old ideas and deeply fears any theory about the Sphinx or the Pyramids that strays from the carefully-tended academic garden path. The ridicule and scorn heaped upon those who come up with new ideas is a sad and seemingly inevitable fact of life. Fortunately with ATS and other internet sites, we are increasingly able to side-step those that would keep us in the dark to protect their own cushy little plots of scholastic turf.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I thought long and hard about including Egypt and Sumeria but I thought those have been pecked to death already. Although I have some information I'll be covering about those locations I think many will find interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c43b732ddc0b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Whoa!
Did you see that? It's like...deja vu...or something.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Whoa!
Did you see that? It's like...deja vu...or something.

It was just a bad dream...
Go back to sleep.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/433ef1214957.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A contactee - Anna Hayes, written books under name: "Ashayana Deane" has written extensive and detailed information on Annu, Lamuria, Atlantian, Aryan origins. I am reading through the "Voyagers" book series. She goes into detail back to 250 million years ago where our races on the planet started, which planets and which star systems.

If you can bear it, she has a seven hour youtube under the title of rare anna hayes. She has had alien contact since 8yr old. I have not seen this amount of information through anyone else like Billy Meier, Alex Collier or George Kavasilas.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Thank you very much slayer, i learned more reading your thread then i ever did at school. Im now trying to take it all in, it may take some time, but thank you. Good luck with part 2, im looking forward to more learning (if my brain can take any more).

S+F

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I would also like to join the large chorus of praise for Slayer's research, time, and effort in creating this thread.

Unfortunately, there will always be resistance in academia to revolutionary ideas that posit expanded length of human civilizations or re-write timelines. This is because such theories threaten the old, time-worn ideas of tenured profs and others at the top of the academic pecking order. We can see this in Egyptology, a field that stubbornly clings to old ideas and deeply fears any theory about the Sphinx or the Pyramids that strays from the carefully-tended academic garden path. The ridicule and scorn heaped upon those who come up with new ideas is a sad and seemingly inevitable fact of life. Fortunately with ATS and other internet sites, we are increasingly able to side-step those that would keep us in the dark to protect their own cushy little plots of scholastic turf.

My response is in gratitude to you for spelling out exactly what I could not say so well.

The resistance is what intrigues me. Power and control come from knowledge. This is clear. New ideas are not really new, they are simply ideas that have been disrespected by established experts. Those established experts are not going to easily give up their stature.

Thus, the myth/history of Atlantis and Lemuria. A pair of legends so ancient that our collective curiosity still yearns to know more.

GREAT JOB SLAYER. But you already knew that from the previous 3 pages of accolades

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Howdy all one short comment

Unfortunately, there will always be resistance in academia to revolutionary ideas that posit expanded length of human civilizations or re-write timelines.

Hans: This is almost always based on a lack of evidence or more important an inability to explain away why existing evidence no longer applies.

This is because such theories threaten the old, time-worn ideas of tenured profs and others at the top of the academic pecking order.

Hans: Hmmm so if the new ideas are accepted will after a time, when they they are old and time worn will that mean they will automatically be wrong? LOL Tenured guys - because they are free to go anywhere and do anything are the ones most willing to go with new ideas, it is non-tenured who may feel somewhat constrained.

We can see this in Egyptology, a field that stubbornly clings to old ideas and deeply fears any theory about the Sphinx or the Pyramids that strays from the carefully-tended academic garden path.

Hans: Strewn with tons of evidence which new theories cannot explain away. Evidence is the food of chance if you provide crumbs don't expect and belches.

The ridicule and scorn heaped upon those who come up with new ideas is a sad and seemingly inevitable fact of life.

Hans: It is the nature of science to do that - as it is the nature of the fringe to cast ridicule and scorn on those who don't accept their weak and unevidenced ideas...its a two-way street.

Fortunately with ATS and other internet sites, we are increasingly able to side-step those that would keep us in the dark to protect their own cushy little plots of scholastic turf.

Hans: Actually places like this have little influence in the academic world. The requirement to go thru 99.9% nonsense to get to a gem is not worth it. Which is why academic people (in the most part) avoid such discussion groups and stay within their own forums.

[edit on 23/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awakened2012
Hmm, this is seems interesting because I know that ice melting into the ocean does cause ocean levels to rise at an increasing rate. If this were the case then there should have been sufficient time for almost all those seeing the rising waters to head to higher grounds to resettle so I do not believe that was the reason.
It depends on the conditions at the time.

Imagine that because of the lower water levels the Mediterranean, for example, was at the time just a small closed sea in the middle of the Mediterranean basin. When the ice started to melt and the water reached levels high enough to pass over the land barriers that closed it (Gibraltar, for example), and that would mean a sudden rise in water levels inside the Mediterranean basin, like a flash-flood lasting for several months.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join