It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I appreciate the feedback.
In case you haven't read it yet.
Here is a link to part-2

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting story making the rounds...

Scientists May Have Found Atlantis

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
WOW!!!
I just found this thread after checking out one of your other posts and it has completely blown me away.
I agree with others here too - your work needs publishing - seriously. Do you have your own website with other works or do you write exclusively for us lucky folks here at ATS?
Can't wait to check out part 2.
S&F.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Immensely informative. I've read about many of the places you provide. As far as I can understand, sea levels during the last glacial maximum absorbed so much water that sea levels were about 350' lower than they are now. And there have been findings of many underwater cities around landmasses thast we believed to be the original base civilization.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

A little animation from Part-3 soon to be posted

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dbdd5dafd9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I believe the ancient city of Tyre was the capitol seat of the sea kings who ruled the world seas. We have heard about multiple submerged civilizations found in our oceans. This scripture in the bible caught my eye recently.

Ezekiel 26:19

"This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you."

bible.cc...

I wonder if the Tyrians had rulers on other islands that faced the same fate as this main island?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Atlantis is the Americas.

Google Video Link

Great documentary. We lost contact with the west sometime in our past and stories of its existence became myth after time.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

The Hopi description of the previous world.....Pre flood world?
]Third World had built vast, glittering cities of light that were highly centralized. This was not in conformity with the plans of Taiowa the Creator, who had intended man from the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World, and had done to a limited extent in the second. In addition, the peoples of the Third World used their sexual powers not for reproduction, but for recreation, making sexual sport with each other to the point where a great prostitute was able to boast about how many men she was able to wrap around her finger. This material girl of the ancient world led mankind down the path of destruction, towards a terrific imbalance that led to a terrible world war.

The Hopi cosmology is particularly clear on this point, that the ancient world was destroyed not once, but three times, most recently by a flood. The Hopi also believe that the Grand Canyon was the Sipapu, the "place of emergence" from whence the Hopi had emerged after the Great Flood had destroyed the third "world" of mankind that had preceded the current, or "fourth" world
edit on 26-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
These people lived in north america and around. They have a creation story that spans a very long time. Very interesting. Is Atlantis the 3rd world? Read on
blog.world-mysteries.com...

I dont have the time but if someone would like to make a thread about them it would be swell.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"The out of Africa route is the proven theory."
No, it is not. There are 3 theories.

1.) OOA theory.
2.) Multi-regional continuity theory
3.) A combination of the two

The STRONGEST theory is a combination of the two theories. I'm not sure how much of this information is biased. It seems like you chose to ignore the information on the existence of Atlantis/Lemuria and instead use up all of your time proving that it doesn't exist. Since it is not balanced work, the research is a waste of my time. No S&F.

Frankly I couldn't care less if you think it exists or not, but if you are putting something on ATS to inform people, which is what you should be doing, in a scholarly research post, you should argue both sides. Because if you don't, I will have to go and look up everything you posted to see if it hasn't been argued. But then again like the OOA hypothesis, you claimed it was the widely accepted idea, when it actually is not, so a lot of what you say is not going to be taken seriously. I sincerely hope you didn't resort to wikipedia for your research, as a lot of it is biased, especially where science/history is hotly debated(ex. 9-11) This was utterly one-sided.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

Here is another thread of mine you may find of interest.

Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ok just in case you've missed it the third and final part is done. I hope you enjoy it.
Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective, Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-3 FINAL

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I am surprised with the technology we have today, that we can not map in detail the landmass of Earth both above and below the oceans.

We have digital 3D scanners that can render objects in detail in a virtual 3D environment, down to the fingerprint on a hand if needed, so why can’t this same technology be used for doing the same to the earth, I am sure there is a way to set the laser readings to differentiate between solid earth and liquid oceans the same way in which the laser cuts through the air, after all water is only the liquid form of air even though the consistency is different.

It is my belief that if we had access to this, we would be able to look at these highest points of submerged lands in 3d detail, without having to dive first and it would enable the researchers to differentiate between what is and what are not manmade structures more easily.

Actually such maps exist detailing landmass below the oceans--they just aren't public. They are military maps: usually the navy and the marines. They have such detailed maps for submarines (so they can hide submarines in deep and shallow waters). But obviously they don't post them on the internet.

The next best thing is nautical charts, but they aren't detailed enough. They don't show where past river trenches are underwater-- you have to estimate or guess where past river trenches are underwater. Some really difficult areas to even find nautical charts for is off the coast of Israel and North Egypt. No one has had freebies of those regions posted on the net for at least 7 years. And I look several times a year. Suez Gulf and Red Sea Egypt--there's freebie nautical charts to them online.

So if you want maps of sunken coastlines...you've got to make them yourself or find someone else posting educational ones on the net.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Slayer I must say a fantastic read, a more detailed account of what I firmly believe in myself on the actual date of human developement....which always leads me to the same question

Why after all of these actual facts we are unveiling, which conflict with the perceived modern day archeologist version of history, do they insist with the lie?
I mean why?
Whats the point?
Why not just admit, "hey we may be wrong, organised civilisation could indeed have come during and even well before the last ice age".........I just don't get it, it feeds the, "they know but they're hiding it because everyone will realise something amazing about humans we shouldn't know, theory" amongst the many others out there......Aliens, Gods etc etc. Setting aside my own beliefs, what do you think is the reasoning in the blanket denial?

I totally agree, they are hiding something because of two possibilities. One, they know that telling the truth would push them out of the controlled power that the church and govt. has over the people. Or two there afraid, afraid of telling us something that maybe thousands of years ago we as a people decided to forget. . . .

. . .We are being lied to and lied to. They know the full history and don't want us to know. Sooner or later something is going to come out that even the historians and anthropologists won't be able to hide or obfuscate.

There's many reasons that lies of history exist.
#1) BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT: Sometimes a history of a group was erased by another conquering group thousands of years ago. And the conquering group rewrote the history and people are unaware that it is a false history.
#2) RELIGION: Muslims don't want the regions they've conquered to learn about a non-Muslim past. Jews don't want Jews to learn about a non-Jewish history of people living in their region. Christians don't want Christians to learn of any history that contradicts what they teach in their religion. And the three of them have screwed up a lot of people's histories of their origins.
#3) MISUNDERSTANDING: Sometimes people have a misunderstanding about some of the archeological finds. For example-- someone finding excarnated human remains might mistake them for human cannibalism. So they lie about their own findings because they make a mistake and thought it was cannibalism. They lie to protect the people/ancestors they discovered.
#4) GENDER: Most of the groups lied about in history are matriarchies. Women were first class citizens. In some cases adult men only got to be 3rd class citizens, because children belonging to the women were 2nd class citizens. Men don't want women to know that in certain past civilizations that women owned the land, the property, the crops and all goods and men owned nothing. Especially since in matriarchies-- it doesn't matter who the father of the child is -- all children are legitimate. (meaning women could have multiple partners)
#5) THEY DON'T KNOW: Archeologists may not even have heard of the group and may have misplaced or miscategorized an archeological find with the wrong group. They don't know it's a separate group. Or they don't of the existence of a group.
#6) ENSLAVEMENT/EXILES: In cases where one civilization enslaves or exiles their criminals, if the criminals rise up and band together and conquer those who enslaved them, or conquer those who exiled them--they rewrite the history of the original group to erase the history of their criminality. Or sometimes slaves brought to other lands didn't know the history of the land from which they were kidnapped.
#7) ENEMIES: In cases of natural disaster, it might be that groups who were ancient enemies of those destroyed by a natural disaster might hide/suppress the histories of their enemies-- even though thousands of years have passed and their descendants have no clue what the original grudge was about.
#8) SNOOTINESS: Sometimes people of nobility (like those who come from families of "Sirs" with a title) who do archeology just make all kinds of stories/lies about other groups of people, just out of sheer snootiness. Happens with some of the Ivy League graduates as well. Then when commoners point out the mistakes they made in archeology-- they try to dismiss commoners as being less than them (snootiness) -- rather than accepting the fact they were wrong.
#9) BUTTSMOOCHING: Along the lines of #8, sometimes people know that a person of nobility or someone from an Ivy League school is wrong-- but they buttsmooch instead-- backing info they know is wrong. And they do so in hopes of getting ahead in life.
#10) SCIENTIFIC CAPACITY NOT THERE WHEN HISTORY OF A GROUP WAS CREATED: In some cases, the scientific capacity to have certain knowledge of different civilizations did not exist when the history of a group of people was created. Egypt being the prime example. They didn't have carbon dating-- they didn't have DNA testing. A history was created without and DNA and carbon dating don't match what they claimed about a group of people.

...and there's plenty more reasons. Not just one. People might do it for all kinds of angles.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I am surprised with the technology we have today, that we can not map in detail the landmass of Earth both above and below the oceans.

So if you want maps of sunken coastlines...you've got to make them yourself or find someone else posting educational ones on the net.

I dont know what you are talking about. There is an abundance of bathymetric maps of the ocean floor. Google earth and Nasa worldwind do this as well.

Nasa worldwind
As you can see there is a lot of sunken land. the light blue areas are around 70-180 meters below. Before the last deluge the sea level is said to be 130 meters less.

Google earth

I highlighted the Florida area which is said to be the area of Atlantis' ports it was also the first place Columbus sailed to. He had maps from the ancient sea kings.

edit on 12-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.livescience.com...

A Lost World? Atlantis-Like Landscape Discovered

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ah this thread is so refreshing after seeing so many "one paragraph" threads with links to sketchy sites.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well done
, I've been looking into this for a fair while to now and found a few interesting stories and artifacts that seem extremely out of place, I would like to see them in person to confirm before I post to much more, but the chances of that are extremely unlikely, plus you do a way better job of it than I could.
www.treasureenterprises.com...
www.burlingtonnews.net...
www.celticnz.co.nz...
though these could just be left overs from more recent times,
the facial tattoos on the mummified heads from New Zealand are supposedly what inspired the Māori to do the same and supposedly based on the shape of thoths, I think it was the Polynesian people with the stories of a peaceful white race islander tribe that were eaten by the Māori in a great tribal war/land grab, I hope this is of some help to you, Keep up the good work
edit on 10-7-2012 by Mobidinc because: I missed a bit of info.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I absolutely love this thread, it is so well thought out, written, and supported.
I remember as a pretty young child learning about our origins in grade school I often thought, "hey, something is missing here that doesn't add up." Of course I didn't quite know enough to put my finger on it then.
I think you bring up some very valid point. It makes sense to me why modern scientists etc..would want to dismiss a chance of their being civilizations before the ones that we have discovered.
I also think that there is some really sketchy business with carbon dating. I really think that it could be off and not as accurate as we think it is. I hope one day to see a system of dating that is more precise..
Slayer, you ROCK!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Lemuria, is a 19th century myth created by story tellers of that time. Nowhere prior to that time was this place mentioned.

Atlantis, is the name given to a sunken Island that supposedly sank thousands years before Plato.

Plato story of Atlantis originated from hearsay. He got the information from 'Solon an Athenian stateman, who himself was given this information about a sunken Island while visiting Egypt.

The people who gave this knowledge of this sunken island would be the Egyptians. The Greeks seemly weren't even aware of this until they were told.

If their is a history there to be found it mostly likely will be found somewhere in Egypt or is just lost now never to be retrieved?

If i was to bet that is if Atlantis existed. I think this land was close to the British Isles mainland ( between Ireland or England somewhere. Somewhere in South America not a bad bet either

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
the story of atlantis was an allegory

lots of people have wasted lots of time lokking for it

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join