It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Try this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I forgot the actual meaning

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Slayer I must say a fantastic read, a more detailed account of what I firmly believe in myself on the actual date of human developement....which always leads me to the same question

Why after all of these actual facts we are unveiling, which conflict with the perceived modern day archeologist version of history, do they insist with the lie?
I mean why?
Whats the point?
Why not just admit, "hey we may be wrong, organised civilisation could indeed have come during and even well before the last ice age".........I just don't get it, it feeds the, "they know but they're hiding it because everyone will realise something amazing about humans we shouldn't know, theory" amongst the many others out there......Aliens, Gods etc etc. Setting aside my own beliefs, what do you think is the reasoning in the blanket denial?

S+F btw ....best post for me this year and last well done.

p.s Check out google maps off the west coast of Africa alot of anomalies very big structures if not camera glitches....Beyond The Pillars Of Hercules???.......

This portion of the sea floor is covered in structure outlines and roads....take the Islands around the structure in the picture they almost follow a giant circle just theres some missing maybe?

edit on 13-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: more editing

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks. Seeing them makes things easier.

They are "Out Of Place".

edit on 13/9/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't think they are miths, it's red VS blue. The game, and humanity is so stupid when all we are is red and blue.
Who is playing these games anyway. I take it who likes to see blood spilled.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

ummmm. ok.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...
I'll post part-2 tomorrow afternoon.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You might want to check this out: www.hinduonnet.com...
There is reason to believe the Gulf of Cambay ruins might be natural formations.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Slayer I must say a fantastic read, a more detailed account of what I firmly believe in myself on the actual date of human developement....which always leads me to the same question

Why after all of these actual facts we are unveiling, which conflict with the perceived modern day archeologist version of history, do they insist with the lie?
I mean why?
Whats the point?
Why not just admit, "hey we may be wrong, organised civilisation could indeed have come during and even well before the last ice age".........I just don't get it, it feeds the, "they know but they're hiding it because everyone will realise something amazing about humans we shouldn't know, theory" amongst the many others out there......Aliens, Gods etc etc. Setting aside my own beliefs, what do you think is the reasoning in the blanket denial?

S+F btw ....best post for me this year and last well done.

p.s Check out google maps off the west coast of Africa alot of anomalies very big structures if not camera glitches....Beyond The Pillars Of Hercules???.......

This portion of the sea floor is covered in structure outlines and roads....take the Islands around the structure in the picture they almost follow a giant circle just theres some missing maybe?

edit on 13-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: more editing

I totally agree, they are hiding something because of two possibilities. One, they know that telling the truth would push them out of the controlled power that the church and govt. has over the people. Or two there afraid, afraid of telling us something that maybe thousands of years ago we as a people decided to forget. Where we slaves of another people/different form of human like creatures. Everywhere you go to Cambodia (Plain of jars) to Europe you hear of Giant tales from lore, even in the bible. I usually took that to mean that maybe their was some individuals that where overly big and in a tribe or town of people 5'5" you where considered a giant. But what if there was a race of Giants on this planet (hell in the bible they said that the flood killed many of them (forgot the number)). In many of our rightings from David and Goliath to Jack and the beanstalk we have Giants as the bad guy in the stories. Was this a genetic racial memory of a people who where under the yolk of a advanced society of individuals that where at minimum 9 to 14 feet tall. It would explain alot about the megaliths and why build things with massive stones and the ability to move them. I mean a being that is 12 feet tall in proportion must have a displacement weight of at least half a ton (Giacantophythisus was 9 feet and weighed 800 pounds). With that much weight you would have to build structures that would last or take many individuals of your kind.

Also Slayer good job on soon coming out with part 2. I knew something drastic had to happen for you to essentially drop out for awhile. Also here's something you should find on Saksayhuaman Peru fortress. It was built rather oddly and I think it tells more than people know. Find the pics of the walls and you will see the way it was put together, the blocks (massive blocks). It doesn't make sense to cut or place stones like that if they where cutting them. It would be a lot easier to say "he joe, we need 80 2 ton blocks 6 feet by 6 feet square". Instead they cut them in all angles and almost none the same style. What this tells me more than anything that a people just put the blocks up against each other and somehow melted the rocks together. Because the other way is to succeptable to confusion and mistake of over cutting. Then there is Puma Punku. When you look at that place, it is more profound than the pyramids. And that is for one said place shouldn't be there, it exists on scrub land because no trees can grow at that elevation. And then the stone work of the place (IN DIARITE, the only stone harder is diamond), it looks like much of the stone work was done by some type of computer milling machines to do what was needed (especially the one block with a half-inch cut with holes drilled equa distant from each other down the side of the block). The MSM anthropolgists think that it was built 900AD by the Amira indians, but the problem is that they didn't have writing. Others place the whole area's age at 17,000 years ago (which makes sense since there was an ancient lake up their at the time and they believe part acted like a port.

We are being lied to and lied to. They know the full history and don't want us to know. Sooner or later something is going to come out that even the historians and anthropologists won't be able to hide or obfuscate.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great job Slayer, in putting this all together.

Much of this has been discussed on ATS in the past, but I think you have succeeded in putting together a reasonable and cognitive narrative of how recent discoveries are starting to reshape how we view history.

I thought you points about how much ocean level changes have affected human history, and the highly likely reality that areas that are now under water, but were not under water for thousands and tens of thousands of years during early human development are very likely locations where ancient civilizations may have existed. That map of the Aegean sea area would have looked when ocean levels were 130 Meters lower, is a real eye opener.

One I think you missed is the flooding of the Black Sea, which was a phenomenal event that lowered Ocean levels around the planet.

www.pbs.org...

Here is a great site I found on ancient human history that puts out a lot of facts, taking into consideration many of the newer finds, such as you mention here. I found this site to be fascinating, with all the information it has pulled together. There are a few controversial opinions thrown out, but I will let others be the judge of that.

www.telusplanet.net...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
got my soda, got my snacks
wheres part 2

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Abisal plains explanation sounds like a crock of lets say it's "natural rubbish", as most of the Archeologists of our time do. A small item on seismic appraisal for the formations is also a cop out. Funny, out of the whole area only here are there these formations.
The dimensions don't fit, another explanation....they obviously only read the measurements not the story of how it was swallowed up by fire and the sea not likely to have much of the ruins or features left as it would be covered by the Atlantic fissures debris if the calamity explained by plato is true.
Cop Out explanation

I'm going to add an animation soon, I'll show you what I think happened to this spot in the ocean.

edit on 14-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
As promised .....Basic but to the point

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Sea keeps eating up the land!

Wonderful post! Thank you for all

your hard work.

S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Thanks all of you for your interest in and contribution to this thread. This topic of ancient man has always fascinated me ever since I was a young child.

Don't miss Part-2

Enjoy....

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The thing that always struck me about Plato's account though, is the fact that he kept stating it was a factual account.

Many people get caught up in his use of Greek imagery and description, and yet he states that he's only using these terms and gods for illustration purposes.

He claimed where it was (and that it was a city, as well as a continent), i.e. midway on the longest side, and in a rectangular plain.

Nowhere in Plato's writings do we find any kind of account of amazing technology (at least nothing more amazing than what was present in his time). Especially important, I think, is the description of the red, black, and white stone, and the alternating belts of land and sea.

I still think (personally) the Altiplano region of Bolivia seems a perfect fit for the ancient city, but I do have to applaud the effort and research that went into your original post and followups.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this Slayer!!!! Fascinating read. On to part two now.
Well done my friend! Well done!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Well thanks.

Enjoy, please feel to U2U me if you have any questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The thing that always struck me about Plato's account though, is the fact that he kept stating it was a factual account.

I still think (personally) the Altiplano region of Bolivia seems a perfect fit for the ancient city, but I do have to applaud the effort and research that went into your original post and followups.

Altiplano...
Is an extremely interesting area. I again don't believe in the "Atlantis" story as fact. I however do believe there is a missing past that we have yet to pull the pieces together and reveal what exactly happened. We do have a lost past IMO. Time will tell and hopefully we haven't waited too long to investigate the ancient ruins and I'm very excited about new discoveries that seem to be popping up all the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There are no elephants or bulls in Bolivia, and there are references to both in Plato's writings.

He doesn't mention any animals specific of South America either, another clue that this was a story created in the Mediterranean area, an area where the use of bulls in special occasions is still common.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Once again...

I agree the Atlantis myth is just that a myth but may have the tiniest kernel of truth. That truth isn't his description of the city or island or anything else other than that the Oceans rose.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer69, ATS members, and fellow readers,
During one of my deployments while serving as an enlisted firefighter in the United States Air Force I had the good fortune of being assigned to the 332nd, which became farmous through the courageous and honorable Tuskegee Airmen. It was late November at Tallil Air Base in Southern Iraq and we had settled into our routines and had become well acquanted with the base when I decided to visit a nearby famous landmark, known as The Great Ziggurat of Ur.

It was a very humbling experience. The local tour guide was most kind and a highly educated individual and held a passionate reverence for this ancient city, and was profoundly knowledgable about it's history. As we walked from location to location he would speak in depth for half an hour or longer about each tomb, building, and structure, and permit us to expore freely these places, including one of the most probable homes of the biblical Abraham. I was tentative and had to strain little to understand his accent, as he pronounced his words very eloquently, and always encouraged questions, and seemed to be elated that we would ask them. The more questions we asked, the gittier he became. Our inquries obviously made him happier. It was a special day for a few on the tour, they were re-enlisting and taking their oaths.

Towards the end of the tour, he had saved the best for last. We started on our way up to the top of the Great Ziggurat of Ur.

As we waited for the group to gather on top I looked down over Tallil Air Base and thought to myself that there was no way that those who built this could have known what would transpire here thousands of years in the future. The buildings, the tents, and the military atmosphere just didn't look like it belonged there at all.

As the tour guide and everyone gathered for our the tour guide's last epic speech we had expected him to divulge a great amount of information since he had spent more than half an hour or more at 8 other locations at the site. He did not. Instead he spent less than 5 minutes speaking at the top.

He began by saying this:
"Americans, this building is older than 4000 years old. America is just over 200 years old. This Building is at least 20 times older than America."

that put something in perspective for me. Then he turned and faced the base and looked down at it. He spoke briefly about Sir Leonard Woolley work in the early 20th century, and we finished our tour of one of the oldest standing structures of the face of the planet (on dry land)

a picture of the entrances to one of the prominent tombs there:

I thought i would share this with readers here in this thread.

thanks,
et

edit on 19-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: DISCLAIMER: the pictures are not mine, i used them to provide visual aides. when i get a new scanner i will post a few of mine. The words are true

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join