It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son has the swine flu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi1 Sorry your son is sick. I would get a new doctor. Vote with your wallet. Tell the doctors and the insurance company what made you upset. Otherwise no one knows to act better. It's a business doctors are paid to treat, not care. My brother in law ER doctor has lost his ability to care, he has hardened. Ask for free samples of the drugs the prescribe to help save your health insurance dollars. I hope your child gets well soon. I've got my children taking daily vitamins, washing hands the minute they come in from school, and baths before bed. I put hand sanitizer and face masks in their bookbags. I lecture them to stay away from anybody who looks sick at school. I think schools school mandate to send sick students home immediatedly. There again they are a business who gets paid when the kids are in school. No one really seems to care about anyone, be careful.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son!

What a bummer that your doc. made you jump through so many hoops, rather alarming reaction given the warnings regarding the flu this year. One would think the doctors, clinics, etc. would be more concerned and more willing to test for such things earlier, rather than later, especially in children.

I know that when I returned from Mex. last Spring it was about 2-weeks after the Swine Flu broke national news and I got really sick, the clinic heard "Mexico" and "Nausea" and couldn't wait to throw a mask on me, isolate me in a check-up room across the hall and stick a swab up my nose to test for H1N1... it was almost as if they wanted to be able to report the first case in the county or something! Turned out to be nothing...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I guess it turned out to be nothing too many times. A lot of people wanted the test because they sneezed or something. From what I am hearing from other parents, this is the norm now. However I did have a person tell me that when her daughter showed possitive, they insisted the whole family get on tamiflu immediatly. Talk about overboard.

My son is feeling fine right now. Not even a fever. Doc said that the only worry would be if there was something that popped up after the flu like an infection or pnemonia. Now that he has his inhaler his coughing is totaly under controll. I dont know why they didnt tell me that the first time. Oh well. He is feeling better. I know that is what counts. Them going above and beyond to get every last dime out of you is what makes me mad. This is silly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just wanted to send my well wishes on a speedy recovery to your son.

Thanks for your thread. Descriptions such as yours can help others to know what to expect.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
you came to the right place,
if you are seeking advice i have some.
whether or not you listen is up to you, but i hope i'm not wasting my
time. do this and you will not believe how it runs that crap completly
out of your house.

one person touched on onions in a previous post
(so you know i read through them)
here's what you do. first a cold shower for the boy. he can get in with it warm and work his way down to as cold as it will go. stay in two to three
mins on cold, brings the fever down.
out dry off and in bed under the covers. as soon as he gets out of the shower. start filling up the tub.
(if you have a tub separate from the shower he can use, this is better
have it ready when he gets out of the shower. right into the tub half full warm water with two white onions floating. yes in the tub).
doors and windows closed pull curtain keeping as much of the aroma around him is the objective. deep deep breaths the closer you can get him to follow these instructions the better.

turn the water on warmer and have him increase temperature to as hot as he can stand it until tub is full. supply him with a butter knife and a cutting board , while the tub is filling with hot steamy water he is going to sit there dice and smash both onions tosssing hand fulls at a time into the
hot steamy tub. he will be there longer than it takes the tub to fill. thats ok.
two mins tops after he is done with the onions.
both onions all the way no cheating. he can get out. when he opens the door to the bathroom.let the aroma pass through the house .
i doubt if you will ever see that crap again.
some one will at least have to bring it back in. in that case repeat as much as needed.
the onions will purify.
makes a pretty fair mess, but it's worth it.
you will not need the doctors or the vaccines with this simple remedy.
for any virus related fevers. pnuemonia, works well for bronchitas and asthema.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by randyvs]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thank you all for your well wishes. My son is feeling much better. Has not had a fever since yesterday morning. Thanks to his inhaler, he was able to sleep all night long last night. For the first time in about a month. I suppose I shouldnt be mad or irritated about all the hoops we had to jump through yesterday. We found out how to help him, and he has not had to suffer with the flu symptoms. I suppose tamiflu, if it was responsible, is an amazing drug well worth the $$. At this rate, he will be able to go back to school tomorow.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Quick update. My son is feeling alright. His eyes are still very glassy so I am fairly certin the tamiflu is helping a bunch. The school has decided that kids are not allowed to come back for 24 hours after they stop taking all meds including tamiflu providing they have also been free of a fever (100 or more) for 24 hours as well. I talked to the nurse at the Dr. office to let them know what stance the school had taken. They had been waiting to find out. They were not surprised because it turns out that even if the fever is gone, they are still contagious as long as they are coughing. I asked the school because I heard from other parents that other Dr's have said for children not to go back to school until their cough is gone.

When I went to pick up my sons school work, I saw that the school had put up these antibacterial hand wash stands all over the place. Apparently a lot of kids are out. Its spreading like wildfire, but that is no surprise. Considering how long the kids have to be out, I am wondering if they are going to close the schools down at some point.

Edit to add one more point. The one thing I am hearing the most here, is that people are comming down with this one week after getting the regular flu shot. We dont do flu shots. So far, for what it is worth, could very well just be coincidence, every other person I have heard that came down with this has said "I just had my flu shot a week ago". I heard this from a relative, a friend, and a couple people at the pharmicy while we were standing in line waiting for our tamiflu perscriptions. All those were the older folks.

Im not sure what to think of that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

that's really great to hear. i 'm happy for you.i adore a woman who is a fighter, and that's my impression of you by how angry you were.
i always say "hell itself would no longer be a flame, if it came, between a woman and her child". good work lady.
respectfuly
p.s. the info. i perscribed to you, should still be kept.it has saved two lives that i know of and helped many others. that's on my skin.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
docs are just " too busy" to really do a good examination. it sux

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok, now here is something really crazy. I talked to the school nurses themselves today to find out when a kid can come back. I also talked to the Dr.'s office again about how long they are contagious. With the swine flu, you are still contagious the entire time you have a cough. Fever or not. ok The nurses said the kids can come back after being fever free (below 99) for 24 hours with out any fever reducing meds. I asked them "even if they still have a cough?" They said "We are aware that 'H1N1' is still contagious while the person has a cough even though there is no fever" ... here is where it gets good.... "But we do not know that they have the swine flu. All we know is that they tested possitive for Influenza A. They no longer check to see what strain. SO we have to treat it like anyother flu and allow them back after they have been fever free for 24 hours with out fever reducing medication providing there is no vomiting, etc."

They no longer test for what strain because they all came back as possitive for H1N1.

I try not to use the word 'stupid' very often but in this case it fits all too well.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

are you kidding? destilled water?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Glad to hear your son is getting better. I know how scary and FRUSTRATING it can be when your child is sick and you have to cut through the red tape.

Got a phone call from my cousin last night. Her 11 year old son is in the hospital with pneumonia and H1N1....his oxygen levels are only around 80% and that's with the nasal canula. He's been isolated and kept in the pediatric icu. They do predict an eventual recovery, but apparently they now say he has asthma as well; this was diagnosed while he was in the hospital.

My cousin fears the asthma may be a result of the pneumonia and H1N1. I don't know if that's possible, but its interesting and disturbing, if it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yikes I hope he gets to feeling better soon. 80%? That's crazy. As for the asthma, I doubt it was caused by this flu. He probably just had a mild case that got extremely irritated by this. I had to ask my Dr. what an asthma attack is because here they said he was asthma, but he never weezed. Turns out he is the type that coughs instead.

As for my son, he was feeling better, but today was a hard one. It moved on down to his stomach. Hopefully he will feel better tomorow.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Son still recovering? My cousin's son is out of the hospital and things are looking better. Best wishes!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just go make some MMS, the flue either regular or h1n1 should be gone within a couple of hours...

digg.com...

seriously why dont people know about this more, i mean MMS is all you need.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
[edit on 30-10-2009 by AccessDenied]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join