It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendment would block FCC regulation of net neutrality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Amendment would block FCC regulation of net neutrality

thehill.com

At least six Senate lawmakers unhappy with the White House's hardened stance on 'net neutrality' are hoping to bar further regulation of network practices.

Their effort, an amendment proposed on Monday as part of the chamber's interior appropriations bill, would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from expending "any funds from any account in fiscal year 2010... to implement any Internet neutrality or network management principles [or] to promulgate any rules relating to such principles."

In effect, it would block the FCC from doing precisely what its chief reiterated o
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com
rawstory.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Fed plans new rules on net neutrality!!
Save the internet - Protect Net Neutrality!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I wonder whose payroll these guys are on. The fight is on! I can feel it coming to a boil. We really can't let this happen.

Here are the (so far) six Senator co-sponsoring the bill:

So far, the amendment has six co-sponsors, all Republicans: Sens. Sam Brownback (Kans.), Jim DeMint (S.C.) John Ensign (Nev.), John Thune (S.D.) and David Vitter (La.).

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just found part of the answer to my question "whose payroll are these guys on?" The data is based on contributions for campaigns and Leadership PAC combined

Sam Brownback:

opensecrets.org

Second top contributor--AT&T at $83,120

James DeMint:

opensecrets.org

Third most contributions--AT&T donated $63,750

John Thune

opensecrets.com

Thirteenth contributor for Leadership PAC-- AT&T at $18,000

John Ensign

opensecrets.org

Second top contributor--AT&T at $61,250

Dave Vitter

opensecrets.org

Top Contributor--AT&T at $36,500

The ranking for AT&T changes according to how you view the contributions according to Campaign Committee donations or Leadership PAC donations. For example, Sam Brownback, AT&T becomes his #1 contributor when you look at only the campaign contributions.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All of these scumbags are some of the most conservative senators within the Senate!

I hope people are realizing that Obama is for the people. He just gave us a major win, and you can see right here that there are people who want control back.

top topics

join