It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to G20 tommorow! 9/23-9/25 *Update - pics/vid added*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As you can tell from the title, i am going to the G20 summit to play amateur reporter/Protester. it will be held in Pittsburgh, PA.

I thought before i leave (in about 30 mins.) to let you guys know ill be coming back with images and video.

Let me know if anyone else is going!

Cheers!

[edit on 9/22/2009 by ugie1028]

Pics can be seen here: s306.photobucket.com...

Videos can be found in thread.

Mod edit : updated title and added links to pics of day 1 and 2

[edit on 9/25/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thanks, will you upload videos while you are there? If you have an iphone it is rather simplistic. Starred and flagged and don't get killed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Please don't blow up any Starbucks. My sister is working in one downtown during the G20 and I've been very concerned for her safety.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

thanks! ill try not to die!

I wont be uploading video until Saturday evening, BUT, if i have interwebz at the place im staying at, i will be uploading video each night and will be posting it here!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Who said i was going to do that? was that sarcasm? i don't think you should of mentioned that in this thread, now i might be tracked VIA patriot act, and killed like plucky is predicting

THANKS!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Who said i was going to do that? was that sarcasm? i don't think you should of mentioned that in this thread, now i might be tracked VIA patriot act, and killed like plucky is predicting

THANKS!

You didn't say that, and I hope you don't get killed either. Yes, it was kinda sarcasm. I'm just on edge as all the downtown Starbucks have been placed on a list for protest/action sites.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh ok, well i wasn't going to have a base of operations there, but i would like to catch footage of the protesters too, so Starbucks will be a good place to get some good footage.

I hope nothing happens to your sis dude. I don't want anything to happen to anybody.

best wishes to your sis!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Be sure and dress really nice. Make sure you look like a descent person and not a bum. I know it sounds shallow, but really in todays society the way you present yourself is important.

Stay aware and alert in crowds as there have been alot reports of 'threats' in the past days and could have to do with the G20.

Wish I were in a position to meet you there but not going to happen this time.

Also take a mask just incase.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
unless you want your face recorded by the Police, as they will be taking pictures of all protestors, i suggest covering your face.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

yeah, wear a dead president mask...find JFK.
or a gorilla. lol @ gorilla masks.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Oh ok, well i wasn't going to have a base of operations there, but i would like to catch footage of the protesters too, so Starbucks will be a good place to get some good footage.

I hope nothing happens to your sis dude. I don't want anything to happen to anybody.

best wishes to your sis!

Thanks, me too.

Oh, and as a heads-up, Starbucks has been known to give out free coffee to protesters, so be sure to catch a cup or two on the house.

Stay safe and try and report the truth, because we all know the MSM won't.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
just arived in PITT, PA.

according to my contacts here, there has only been ONE parking lot leased out for protesters. (I didint get a chance to read this up) Pittsburgh is being sued by the ALCU for the protesters, not having more room to protest.

there are helicopters circling overhead every 10 mins.

things are getting intense. I dont have the web power to UL video, but i MAY be able to get images tomorrow evening.

Looks like it could be intense.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Good luck ugie1028,hope everything stays on the peaceful side there.I'm not too far from Pittsburgh.If anything happens I'm heading for the hills!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My husband works in town and he said everything was pretty quiet. He took the bus, said there were less people on it than usual. I saw the helicopters, they were over my house. There were three circling for less than a half hour then nothing. He was home by four. I can see one plane circling right now....I just want my city back - in one piece.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just heard that from police transmissions.... they report people fighting police with baseball bats....

Well this is a ``good start``

UPDATE: it wasn't against police, but against some guy in his car...the car was hit...the guy was beaten...the medics are coming in...

UPDATE 2: unattended backpack on the bridge... ``could be a bomb``...

UPDATE 3... a lot of people with bats attacking cars.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Keep us abreast and also a link to the police scanners if you will. This is going to be quite the thread today if no others spring up specifically for the police monitoring.

I heard on the radio over night that they have a complete city block cordoned off between the protesters and the building where the meeting is happening.

So even if there is a bomb it wont harm anyone but the emergency crews and protesters.

100million dollars spent on security for this little event.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
According to local news this morning only 14 people were arrested as of this morning. Most were Greenpeacers repelling off the west end bridge. Here is a link where you casn listen to coverage streaming live video.pghcitypaper.com... just click on the Lynne Cullen button.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First day of chaos...

WOW is all i can say.

im pretty sure you heard the news, about military presence, ITS TRUE. i have images of these guys. i have images of shooting tear gas into the crowd, and the crowd wasnt being hostile at all.

once the grenade went off, all hell broke loose.

I was near the front of the whole thing, taking pictures, and stuff. a lot of these guys had masks, which was kind of scary thinking about it. i went on with the march, and then we were going down a hill to a police barricade. the police/military looking cops, had on a loud speaker on their hummer, (leave immediately, the chief has declared this an illegal protest, please vacate the area, or we will arrest you) or something like that. i have the video of this which ill be posting when i come back home on Saturday.

the media is twisting this, so be wary of what they say.

Ill have images (the earliest, Saturday evening EST)

Btw i got hit with tear gas, and it sucked.

Round 2 tomorrow...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Most important question for me is I heard mention in the MSM that the oplice were using that new sound technology where they blast the high frequency super loud sound to disperse crowds. Is this true and did you experience any of this? I feel this is highly dangerous and ruins people's hearing/ears and would be interested to what extent they used these disgusting "non-lethal" systems on their own citizens.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
dude, i was right there, almost next to it. it was loud, and annoying, but, it wasnt that bad. you need a tolerance i suppose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join