It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stormtroopers discuss 9/11. Too funny not to share!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Great stuff. "All a reason for Palpatine to invade Hoth" was the best line imo.

oh and the drones, you all drones, especially...the drone!

Great video. But I'm sure it's gonna rub someone the wrong way, as we shouldn't be laughing since so many people died.

Until then ,enjoy it for what it is, fiction. AND as they say Laughter IS the best medicine.

Hell when I had my accident (which changed my life back in 2000) the whole medical staff on my floor thought me and my family were crazy cause we were always laughing our asses off, usually at my expense, but it really helped.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

LOL
"When you can't trust the Media where do you get your information?"

"youTube, InfoWars..." LOL

man, that was funny aswell, although the Star Wars is more of a parody the trek is just a jab at conspiraciest... Funny indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's probably wrong to poke fun at a disaster like 9/11. But it's nice to see something funny now and then.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm following "funny or die" on twitter and they linked to that vid. (last week?) totally hilarious...

ETA: it is a fine line they walk, the 9-11 tragedy is not to be disrespected nor forgotten.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

When the attack occurred, Tarkin was so overconfident that he decided not to launch the primary station defense fighters. There were literally thousands of TIEs on the Death Star. But, since Vader sensed a disturbance in the force, he took his personal squad out there to take them out.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
KInda not ideologically right in 911 forum, but OMG that made me laugh...thx for posting

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Best Post yet. Great vid. Where are they hiding Luke?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Amazing how different the repsponse is from when I posted this a few weeks ago with people demanding i remove it. Glad to see someone else with a sense of humor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I so love this statement "You're all drones! Especially the drones!" Almost like a Geico Caveman commercial.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They really bring up a good point. Darth Vader let his ego affect his judgement and thought he could take on the resistance himself. The Death Star killed thousands. Mostly just contractors and stuff working to complete the Death Star.

I believe the Resistance is just as much to blame. They killed thousands of innocent workers who weren't caught up in all the politics. They were just trying to put food on the table and a roof over their heads. Can you really blame them.

This whole Empire business is getting out of control. Did we really need the Death Star in the first place. It's name alone sends out the wrong signal to potential allies. It's the military-industrial complex at work and it makes me sick.

That vid was good. Had a good chuckle over that one.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
He had an entire Death Star at his command and he decides to go chasing them himself?

Vader was always very insistent that they leave them to him, he will deal with them himself.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

its not humor its just sick like those who find it funny! bet you all laugh at holacaust jokes too, Yeah people dieing so freaking Hilarious!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Amazing how different the repsponse is from when I posted this a few weeks ago with people demanding i remove it. Glad to see someone else with a sense of humor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was your set up that made them mad dude!, Inteads of saying watch this, it is pretty funny all you did was mock them ergo the responses... lol

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

its not humor its just sick like those who find it funny! bet you all laugh at holacaust jokes too, Yeah people dieing so freaking Hilarious!!!

Not everyone is built with a sense of humor.

If yours is broken, it may seem like this video was an attack upon you.

But in reality, it's a harmless parody, which doesn't poke fun at the victims or make any jokes about them, someone just noticed that these two events could fit together and make something clever.

But if you are so sensitive, how did you get here, and why did you watch it? The subject is "Stormtroopers discuss 9/11. Too funny not to share!!" so what did you think you were getting when you came here?

I am really not trying to be a jerk, but I am one in real life so it's hard.

But what I am saying is, it seems like you came here just to cry out against this video and say you don't like it. Well... so? The internet is FULL of INCREDIBLY tasteless 9/11 humor, much of which gets it's humor from the victims themselves.

So why did you feel like THIS was so bad? I just don't get the outrage here. If you think this humor is tasteless, it's reasonable.

But if you want to cry out against tasteless 9/11 humor, there are FAR WORSE things than this, and this did NOT try and poke fun at any victims or their families, it's just something cute and meant to be funny.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with humor about 9/11 in general. It's the mocking "debunker" (pseudoskeptic) tone against 9/11 truthseekers they take that grates on me. To compare the fictional Death Star's destruction by ONLY ONE (OMG!) Republic fighter with the physical impossiblity of a total pulverizing (into powder) of 2 skyscrapers by nothing more than a very smoky, oxygen-starved jet fuel fire is insulting. The video is a piece of #, basically no different from the official government-media propaganda... IMO.

add: And the fact that it was STORMTROOPERS (representing an evil empire) discussing it as such is actually very fitting. Heil Hitler!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
I don't have a problem with humor about 9/11 in general. It's the mocking "debunker" (pseudoskeptic) tone against 9/11 truthseekers they take that grates on me. To compare the fictional Death Star's destruction by ONLY ONE (OMG!) Republic fighter with the physical impossiblity of a total pulverizing (into powder) of 2 skyscrapers by nothing more than a very smoky, oxygen-starved jet fuel fire is insulting. The video is a piece of #, basically no different from the official government-media propaganda... IMO.

add: And the fact that it was STORMTROOPERS (representing an evil empire) discussing it as such is actually very fitting. Heil Hitler!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

Believe it or not, but this comedic video isn't part of some underlying government sponsored propaganda. It is a harmless video adding some humor to the ever-enduring debate over the truth behind 9/11, though I'll admit, I still view it as a touchy subject.

That being said, I'd also like to point out that within the Star Wars universe, the Death Star was believed by all accounts to be indestructible. Even the Rebel Alliance pilots were taken aback by their attack on the space station, as they were of the same opinion as the Imperial tacticians. If not for the Force, there was almost no possibility for the destruction of the original Death Star.

Sometimes, people just need to take a step back and take a breath. I seriously doubt that College Humor has some secret pact with the U.S. government or any form of ominous agenda as a motive for the creation of this video..

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Daemos]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

Well given that laughter is actually how humans deal with uncomfortable subject matter, seems to be right in line.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hahahah...
"We have all this technology and can't find one guy!"

Genious!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am not a Star Trek fan but that was funny! S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join