It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Chu: Americans Are Like ‘Teenage Kids’ When It Comes to Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's what people in your Government think about you.

When it comes to greenhouse-gas emissions, Energy Secretary Steven Chu sees Americans as unruly teenagers and the Administration as the parent that will have to teach them a few lessons.

Speaking on the sidelines of a smart grid conference in Washington, Dr. Chu said he didn’t think average folks had the know-how or will to to change their behavior enough to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions.

“The American public…just like your teenage kids, aren’t acting in a way that they should act,” Dr. Chu said. “The American public has to really understand in their core how important this issue is.” (In that case, the Energy Department has a few renegade teens of its own.)

blogs.wsj.com...

These people are really crazy. People in Government think they are kings and queens to the stupid subjects. The American people have allowed these people to have to much power.

This may seem shocking to some, but I think it's the normal way of thinking in Governments throughout the world.

Sad.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
.. wow .. i think the game is about to get interesting... i read about all these current events online and small clips on the MSM... but i consider that a whole another reality i live in or observe .. but few days ago i work in retail and saw that we are setting up a small area of the Swine FLu Defense ( no joke it is what it says on the blueprint) and say masks and what not .. (staples) it is funny b/c i craked a joke and said look swine flu .. and one kid said he was gonna go to the doctors and get the vaccine ...

what is this world coming to ?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Quoting from OP source:

“We’re showing people across the country how energy efficiency can be part of what they do every day,” said EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson. “Confronting climate change, saving money on our utility bills, and reducing our use of heavily-polluting energy can be as easy as making a few small changes.”

...seems like a great idea. Way to go, Dr.Chu!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Not completely terrible.. But they need to learn something.

We gave birth to their administration, we are the parents and we should set the boundaries for their administration. The sooner they learn this, the sooner they can stop pissing off half of the country.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This clown needs a tall bridge and a running start. That's all I'll say.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sorry, Dr. Chu, but you've got it wrong. Americans are like old people who don't want to change, who want to just sit around making their lives and the lives of everybody around them miserable. They're like an old smoker dying from lung cancer who refuses to give up his cigs...why bother now.

A teenager one day will grow up and see the error of his/her ways. The old person just sits around waiting to die, knowing his estate will be divided among no good relatives who can't wait for the burial service to be over so they can rush back to his house and plunder before anyone else does, all the while waiting to eat the free food provided.

Unless Americans figure out how to extend their life, they'll die soon anyway. There are no "death panels" to get rid of them. So, Dr. Chu, forget those elderly curmudgeons. Retire now, live out your life on some Pacific island....until that island is submerged in water.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterconnecteD
.. wow .. i think the game is about to get interesting... i read about all these current events online and small clips on the MSM... but i consider that a whole another reality i live in or observe .. but few days ago i work in retail and saw that we are setting up a small area of the Swine FLu Defense ( no joke it is what it says on the blueprint) and say masks and what not .. (staples) it is funny b/c i craked a joke and said look swine flu .. and one kid said he was gonna go to the doctors and get the vaccine ...

what is this world coming to ?

Easy... witness the high level intellect of the next generation...

www.viddler.com...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What right does the government have to tell me how much electricity, gasoline or diesel fuel I can consume? I use as much as I feel I need. Any less would be an inconvenience. I know cap and tax will drive the prices up, but how far will the government go, rationing?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If I am paying for it who are they to tell me how much I can use?

If I leave all my electric devices on for one year straight and pay for it then it is none of their buisness.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Pretty soon if you fart more than 2 times a day you will get fined.
Eventhough that could be a good idea for some(those fat bastards out there),in the end its all just crap.
(pun intended)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
What right does the government have to tell me how much electricity, gasoline or diesel fuel I can consume? I use as much as I feel I need. Any less would be an inconvenience. I know cap and tax will drive the prices up, but how far will the government go, rationing?

what right do you have to destroy the planet

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is coming from a man that works for the biggest polluter in America. Hypocrisy is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

top topics

join