It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahousaht Aboriginal people get sick after vaccine, sickness spreading.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Time to stop bickering.

The premise of this thread is dead wrong. The Canadian government has been treating people who were getting sick in the first nations communities. The people were not getting sick from the treatment, they were already sick.

People have tried to string together unrelated things to make up a story. The story is false.

There is no conspiracy against natives or anyone else.

At least not with this group of people.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I give up, i tried three times to turn off the bold.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wow you made my point in a few sentences, how did you do that?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
response to:liveandletlive
A)What would I say? I'd say you are probably right; as I am not an English teacher, I probably am not a great one. Lol, you aren't very good at this trolling thing, are you?

B)I've never ha a user name deleted.
However, I imagine you can expect to have one after this evening.

C)An Oped piece identifies itself as much. I would not give anything you say enough credit to classify it as any type of media.

D)You are right, the SOURCE (not the op) said that it was a vaccine. Had you bothered to read the information posted by the people that actually contribute here you would see that we have already addressed the fact that Tamiflu(the brand named in the source) is an anti-viral, not a vaccine. Therefore, the source is either a)wrong on the brand used; or b)Mistaken on what Tamiflu actually is. This is neither the point nor relevant.

E)Again op ed is a type of media. You spewing your logorrhea is pathetic.

F) Are you even certain what you are arguing? First it was that we were all calling this genocide, which no one was. Now you are attacking the source, which no one is necessarily defending. It is obviously front a slanted perspective-however, there are corroborting sources out there, meaning it has some validity nonetheless.

Or did you just come here to try and pick a fight?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Why isn't this story in the mainstream media? It's got people dying and that normally sells papers and makes airtime, oh yeah thats right, its about the vaccine and NOT the virus killing the people, and that truth DOESN'T sell papers or make airtime.

[edit on 23/9/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Found an article contradicting the outbreak. Now I guess it's a question of which source is more credible. Thoughts?

Outbreak of H1N1 in Ahousat unfounded, official says
Health official says calling H1N1 incidences an outbreak irresponsible and instead, First Nation should be hailed for its proactive approach
Sarah Douziech, Westerly News
Published: Thursday, September 17, 2009
A Vancouver Island health official said today an article reporting a pandemic H1N1 flu outbreak on a First Nation reserve north of Tofino was irresponsible.

"I'm really unhappy with the quality of work from that article," VIHA's Dr. Charmaine Enns said. "Ahousaht is hardly having any influenza activity at all."

The article posted to the Canadian Medical Association Journal's website referred to the incidence of H1N1 in Ahousat, an aboriginal community accessible only by water taxi or airplane, as "the first pandemic...outbreak of Canada's fall flu season."

Link: www2.canada.com...

As a side note, this article also names the drug being administered as "Tamiflu".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Forgive me if this has been addressed, but it seems a little fishy to me that "aboriginal people in remote villages" would be the first to get the vaccine at all.
I'm not from Canada, but it sounds a little wierd to me that these people would be on the list "of high priority" to receive the vaccine in the first place. Something's not adding up....

I live in Canada, they are getting the vaccine because unfortunately they are the populations which are getting slammed by the virus. Many of the northern native communities have poorly built houses, that are packed together with poor insulation, bad water and most of the houses hold 8+ people as there is insufficient housing. Medical care is generally not available except the one or two days a doctor drives up a week. Some communities only have access by boat or helicopter, making it only twice a month a doctor comes up.

These communities had the most deaths so far, they have the most deaths from flu every year. They have been giving tamiflu to everyone on some of these reserves to try and stop the spread of the virus. The incident with the body bags was that a community asked for advanced doses of the innoculation (which is not yet ready) and recieved hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, body bags and other stuff needed to fight the spread, but not any vaccine. Evidenlty they have had pallets pre made up for mass outbreaks for years, someone in the federal beuraucracy just sent one up and rightfully the natives on the reserve where upset by the body bags. This would be a non news except that we are going to have a federal election this year and the various opposition parties are implying it's a deliberate attempt to kill off natives so they can win votes.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Why would they want to commit genocide against the few Native Americans who are left? Maybe because they're the only people who can teach the non-natives how to survive when TSHTF?

Firstly, let me say that I don't see any evidence that these native Americans were given the vaccine.

However, if they were, it would make sense to test the vaccine on far-away communities that the rest of us don't give much thought to.

(WTSHTF, I think the last thing on the natives' mind will be teaching the rest of us how to survive - with respect, I think that argument is a red herring.)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is some explanation about the bodybags:

The unfortunate shipments of body bags to aboriginal reserves in Manitoba, speaks to a larger communication problem between health authorities and at-risk aboriginal communities, the national chief of the Assembly of First Nations said Friday.

www.ctv.ca...

Needless to say, this would be cause for some alarm amongst most communities.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Not a thread for argument over this subject, and not a website for ignorance. if you want to fight go to bts or something, not somewhere were information dominates. it just gets people upset.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

When I read the information in regards to First Nation people recieving body bags, I was outraged at first, then the Canadian Government said it was mandatory to send body bags along with the flu kits. However, I few weeks later I read the conspiracy theory about the government using First Nation people in remote isolated communities as guinny pigs to the tamiflu vaccine. And I was in shock, in disbelief and do not want to believe it.

But as a First Nation myself, and I know my peoples history inside and out, with the horrific history we have with our own government and the churches. With our history of being innoculated with disease throughout the centuries by our government, and being used as testers of vaccines in the past. Had our culture and families torn apart. I had to really think practical and say to myself, that it can happen. It is possible, history does often repeats itself. And yes, why are they giving the vaccine to the Northern Native communities and not the rest of the population?

As for the man, Kevin Annette who sent out that warning? I watched the documentary, "Unrepentant" just the other night. And those people in the interviews are tellin the truth of what happened, I have had family who are survivors and were in those schools. My family has worked hard to break the cycles of abuse, and alcoholism we were left with. And when I watched the documentary, this man, this minister....seems like a pretty rational person to me and he has researched the history of Native people whom he has worked with, he has found factual evidence that dates back over a century. And has given up alot to help these people who came to him for help. Which as a minister, was the right thing for him to do??

So everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I have come up with my own conclusion to all of this....Why not?? like I said..it is possible...it can happen..it has happened before for centuries. I am not bringing on accusations..however, it is possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Update on that whole body bag fiasco

Reserve Ordered 100 Body Bags

Despite speculation that Health Canada ordered last month's controversial shipment of body bags to Manitoba's Wasagamack First Nation, the delivery was requested by the community's nursing station in preparation for a possible second wave of H1N1 pandemic, according to a much-anticipated report released yesterday by the Deputy Minister of Health. Health Canada previously admitted it had "erred" in sending the body bags, but the report said it was Wasagamack's nurse-in-charge who ordered 100 body bags on Aug. 12.

The government-produced report said that while the nurse-in-charge was acting under the recommendation to "order generously" given the community's isolation, the request for 100 body bags was "disproportionately high in comparison to quantities in nursing stations across the country."

Of the 100 body bags requested, 38 were delivered to Wasagamack by Sept. 9, while the rest of the shipment, which had been on back order, was cancelled on Sept. 16 after the Winnipeg regional office was made aware of the abnormally large request.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

so its not a vaccine, so what?

its being given by the govt to people and its killing htem apparantly. they even had the foresight to send the body bags.

if you know anything about history you'll know that govts have been wanting to wipe out the aboriginal populations of countries for a long time.

gee they've really got most people brainwashed really well by sending them to uni and teaching them to distrust every source until they have 'proof'... all these people running around remembering to 'question everything' and failing to use their intuition and see whats staring them in the face.

they've brainwashed you. you're all arguing over details. is it a vaccine or not??? who cares? look at the big picture.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join