It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahousaht Aboriginal people get sick after vaccine, sickness spreading.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.republicoflakotah.com...

Last week, many of the aboriginal people in the remote west coast village of Ahousaht were innoculated with the tamiflu vaccine. Today, over a hundred of them are sick, and the sickness is spreading. In the same week, body bags were sent to similarly remote native reserves in northern Manitoba that have also received the tamiflu vaccine. On the face of things, it appears that flu vaccinations are causing a sickness that is being deliberately aimed at aboriginal people across Canada, and this sickness will be fatal: a fact acknowledged by the Canadian government by their “routine” sending of body bags to these Indian villages.

Well is this the start of what many of us fear? The mass vaccination, leading to mass sickness and probably mass death? I'm not sure about the bit in the article which states that it's been targeted to wipe out a certain race. (well, unless you're counting "the human race" of course) But "routine" sending of body bags sounds a little....iffy to say the least.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok, this is interesting, after the news of the body bags last week.

ca.reuters.com...

Seriously, how can anyone look at this and call it just a coincidence??

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The question comes down to whether it is a matter of trying to eradicate people, or track the effects of the disease.

possibly and attempt to cause it to mutate?

Whatever the reason, there is no denying something is going on here.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree, definatly something going on. Not going to confess as to knowing what that something is, but it's leaving me with a very unsettling feeling.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This does not look good. I will be watching this to see where it goes. If it hits close to home it is time to set up camp in the woods.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by OneDivided]

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
But, but, Tamiflu is NOT a vaccine! The story in the OP was written by some religious yutz presumably with his own agenda. Don't buy into everything you read on the 'net, just because it sounds scary.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been addressed, but it seems a little fishy to me that "aboriginal people in remote villages" would be the first to get the vaccine at all.

Our primary list in the US of those first in line is: military, healthcare workers, elderly, sickly, etc.

I'm not from Canada, but it sounds a little wierd to me that these people would be on the list "of high priority" to receive the vaccine in the first place.

Something's not adding up....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
okay, whats wrong...to me, at least...is what the eff is the 'tamiflu vaccine?'
tamiflu is an anti-viral...not a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Last week, many of the aboriginal people in the remote west coast village of Ahousaht were innoculated with the tamiflu vaccine.

I thought that Tamiflu was an anti-viral, not a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Good point, I saw that but did not overlook it as I should have. Replied too hastily.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Your spot on its not a vaccine, someone is telling porkies.
www.tamiflu.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Acidtastic

Last week, many of the aboriginal people in the remote west coast village of Ahousaht were innoculated with the tamiflu vaccine.

I thought that Tamiflu was an anti-viral, not a vaccine.
yeah, I overlooked that (maybe I shouldn't have) I presumed that whoever wrote the article, made a mistake. I've seen lots of people make the same mistake. Maybe it is a clueless rant. But maybe people are getting sick from what ever they've been given.

And I also agree with lpowell0627, it does seem odd that it's been given to these people. But that makes it even more twisted, cos from here, it looks like southpark, with operation human shield.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Okay all eight of you, we get it, its an anti-viral, not a vaccine.

So this proves the guy isnt a doctor. Does it really make the premise any less serious? IF true(and ill give you that he doesnt have anything but his word backing it up) does it really matter that its an anti-viral and not a vaccine? It the TREATMENT for this is causing people to be sick, isnt THAT what is important, not semantics?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Relax, we all posted in the same time frame,

But your right, regardless of the little mix up, this is still an important story

edit to add; Still the semantics are somewhat important because I would like to know what was exactly administered to these people.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why would they want to commit genocide against the few Native Americans who are left? Maybe because they're the only people who can teach the non-natives how to survive when TSHTF?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Taken orally, the link to Tamiflu is here en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry to repeat, but thought a reference here would help.

I agree with the other posts.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It was my understanding that Tamiflu does squat against H1N1. A lot of our aboriginal communities have underlying medical problems due to alcoholism, gas sniffing, etc. There's a high HIV rate, hepatitis, and other things. It's not unreasonable to think that they would have a high incidence of death due to this novel strain.

There is a high suicide rate as well and the shipping of body bags is nothing new. Every community whether aboriginal or not, gets body bags. It's part of the standard health equipment provided.

People seriously have to chill out. (no pun intended).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Why would they want to commit genocide against the few Native Americans who are left? Maybe because they're the only people who can teach the non-natives how to survive when TSHTF?

MY Goodness donnie, that was the first thing that came to my mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Swine flu outbreak hits Vancouver Island First Nations
One death linked to virus reported on reserve near Victoria
Last Updated: Friday, September 18, 2009 | 9:03 AM PT Comments267Recommend215CBC News

More than 100 people in an aboriginal community north of Tofino, B.C., have reportedly fallen ill with swine flu, in what's being described as the first pandemic outbreak in Canada's fall flu season, while one death linked the virus has been reported on a reserve near Victoria.

The outbreak is centred on the remote community of Ahousat, the principal settlement on Flores Island off the west coast of Vancouver Island, which is accessible only by water or air. But other communities in the area, including Hot Springs Cove and Tofino, also appear to be affected.

According to a story on the Canadian Medical Association Journal's website, Dr. John Armstrong, a family physician, says he has treated dozens of cases of people infected with the virus.

But the deputy chief of the Ahousaht First Nation, John Frank, said that in the last few weeks more than 100 people have become sick — more than five per cent of the local population — and people are still falling ill.

A death in Beecher Bay
According to the CMAJ article, all the cases in the Ahousat outbreak have been "fairly mild" and treatable with the antiviral drug Tamiflu, with only two patients — an infant and an adult age 50 — requiring hospital care. Most of the cases are reportedly younger adults, between ages 20 and 40, and some teenagers, the article states.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hardly genocide & it doesnt say anything about anyone getting the vaccine. I thought people on ATS where suppose to back things with facts and reputable sources. I am new, maybe I dont get it.
CBCNEWS.CA
All the cases in the Ahousat outbreak have reportedly been "fairly mild" and treatable with the antiviral drug Tamiflu, with only two patients an infant and an adult age 50 requiring hospital care. Most of the cases are reportedly younger adults, between ages 20 and 40, and some teenagers, the article states.

But the Vancouver Island Health authority confirmed on Thursday an aboriginal woman from the Beecher Bay Indian reserve located southwest of Victoria on Vancouver Island recently died after becoming infected with the swine flu.

The health authority said the unidentified woman had an underlying health problem, and have not linked her death with the outbreak in the Tofino area, which is roughly 200 kilometres away.

So far, four other deaths in B.C. have been linked to swine flu, all involving people with other health conditions.

The cases are being treated under a new program that has pre-positioned antivirals and other medical equipment near remote B.C. communities, said Dr. Evan Adams, who has been tracking the outbreak as the province's aboriginal health physician adviser.

While it is not clear exactly how many people have become sick in the communities, there is no reason to panic, said Adams.

"I think it's important to note that most cases, if not all cases, were mild. Often when people had flu they didn't see a physician. They just knew to stay home or stayed home. And very few of those actually got swabbed for a lab confirmation," said Evans.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by liveandletlive]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join