It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should not use the Examiner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am relatively new here to ATS. I was a lurker before but i recently joined up. Through all the reading i have done every once in a while i come across a thread that makes incredible claims and uses the examiner as a source. I myself am guilty of this and i think i may have used the examiner in the past, in retrospect it was a mistake.
So today i took a look at the examiner and once again they have a UFO story but what are they using as a pic? you would never guess the best way i could describe it would be a work safe version of the goatse. If you do not know what the goatse is i do not recomend looking for it, the goatse is a very graphic shock image people email to each other as a joke.

Here is the story and why we should not use the examiner as a source.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... case and point. I know or at least i think that ATS no longer uses Allnews for the exact same reasons.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Haha. That picture is a joke picture OF goatse. I didn't actually read the story, because the examiner is a joke, but I really hope they didn't invoke the picture as anything but a joke...

I hope. I can still hope.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
OK...I'm sure most people who haven't used ATS before will see it as a joke, a place for nuts to discuss their crack-pot theories. There is going to be crap everywhere you look, but you never know what golden nuggets lay hidden. Just use your head.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Can I make another request here?

How about members not be allowed to connect every single thread on here to Tesla and the Illuminati?

I bet anything if this person came in here (you all know who I'm talking about) and that picture was posted, he would connect it by saying that it's Illuminati energy coming out of a wormhole opened by a Tesla UFO.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
ATS.... a place for nuts to discuss their crack-pot theories.

Yes quite

I LOVE that cloud on the examiner WAY COOL Thanks for that link

Goes real well with my other one...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
the examiner is done by local people who pretty much have to build up their own sources by themselves. It's not the same as working at website with a team of people cross checking each other thoroughly.

Although it cuts past the bureaucratic stuff, it's also a little more prone to mistakes. And while some people really don't care about their obligation to be accurate and original, some do. Therefore, one UFO examiner may be good, the other may be soso. It depends.

Nevertheless, it's nothing like AllNewsWeb, which pretty much is an online tabloid and makes up crap on purpose. I can't imagine how many sucker hits they get rom here.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well the point was is that like allnews the examiner is crap and should not be allowed on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

boy do I agree with that statement Nightmare_David!!! I know what you're talking about and it drives me absolutely nuts as well. I actually saw the same comments posted on YouTube by that user saying the same thing on the ATS Forum.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

lol good one. Don't you know that anything that uses electricity was invented by tesla and every UFO is a tesla craft?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
Can I make another request here?

How about members not be allowed to connect every single thread on here to Tesla and the Illuminati?

I bet anything if this person came in here (you all know who I'm talking about) and that picture was posted, he would connect it by saying that it's Illuminati energy coming out of a wormhole opened by a Tesla UFO.

I couldn`t agree more

It drives me mad too - every time I see a certain username I have an automatic vision failure until I`ve scrolled past the usual Tesla related drivel

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
to be fair everyone has and develops their own posting style.Me for example i believe in UFOs but if you ask some believers here they think im some narrow minded skeptic. As far as posting styles GFLers always say
Greetings (ATS user)
(message)
love light(cosmic blah),
poster

some relate everything to the NWO or Tesla but one thing can be sure is when they have nothing to say that makes sense

they make sure

to double space

or hit the enter key

as much as possible

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrey1701

I couldn`t agree more

It drives me mad too - every time I see a certain username I have an automatic vision failure until I`ve scrolled past the usual Tesla related drivel

I hate to jump on this bandwagon because it's been stated enough but I also agree with this statement, I just automatically skip those posts ( as well as some others from people who believe what the believe and no amount of logical statements will make them believe otherwise)

On a side note, thanks for posting that pic, as I was having a bit of a crappy day and that made me lol for real

**edited for typos**

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Itachimaru]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well the point was is that like allnews the examiner is crap and should not be allowed on ATS.

Any source should and is allowed to be used, regardless of one persons opinion. Some people *cough cough* have control issues and would like to erase what they do not like out of this world to their own liking. We as free thinkers have the right to like and dislike what we want. If a person does not like a site, a video
, ect, maybe they should stop going there and looking at it. Just my opinion as a free thinker of course

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
www.abovetopsecret.com... case and point. I know or at least i think that ATS no longer uses Allnews for the exact same reasons.

thanks for broadcasting my thread!!!

More who see it the better,

let the people make up their own mind.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join