It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brzezinski wants Israeli jets striking Iran 'shot down'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Brzezinski wants Israeli jets striking Iran 'shot down'

www.presstv.ir

After talk of an Israeli airstrike on Iranian nuclear sites was renewed after months, former National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski says the US should warn Israel that its jets will be shot down on their way to the Iranian targets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
yidwithlid.blogspot.com
televisionwashington.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In my opinion this is a good thing. We need peace in the middle east and a pre-emptive attack by any group against another in that region would be illegal and wrong. It shows certain groups that think otherwise that the US foreign policy is not dictated by Israel. This move by Brzezinski basically is telling the world that the United States will not let Israel start WW3.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
After the SOFA, I thought it was Iraqi airspace?

Anyway, I don't think Israel will do the expected (follow the anticipated line and cross Iraq).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Please remember folks........

Just because the national security advisor says it should be done, does not in anyway mean it will be done.

Funny thing about advise and advisors, you can listen to them and choose to not follow their advice.

Also, PressTv has been proven over and over again to stretch the truth and outright lie.

They have been caught several times by board members at this.

That source is "HIGHLY" suspect.

NOTE: where as I am saying the quoted source is "HIGHLY" questionable at best, I am in no way applying the same to the op.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't believe people are supporting shooting Israeli planes down -- by the US military?! In defense of IRAN???

If Israel attempts to wipe out Iran's nuclear facilities (which I don't think would be done with a fleet going right over Iraq), the US should condemn the act immediately, freeze any monies, and NOT send aide -- in the form of military or humanitarian -- to Israel before, after OR during, said attack.

But to have the US shoot down Israeli planes? In defense of Iran? What HAS this world come to?

If Israel goes after Iran -- and even if the US shoots down their planes and makes it a friutless effort on Israel's part -- make no mistake: Iran will LEVEL Israel.....without skipping a beat.

It's one thing to no longer want Israel as an ally -- it's another to do anything that would cause their annihilation.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Israel has a huge nuclear weapons stockpile and have made it clear they will use it in their defense. Iran wouldn't have a chance and most of the world understands that, so I don't think we could let them attack Iran unprovoked.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is based on the assumption that the US would have assets in the correct area to accomplish a shoot down of Israeli jets. It also assumes that the Israelis would choose a flight path to Iran that is anywhere near US controlled air space. There have been reports that Saudi Arabia will allow Israeli jets to use their airspace on their way to Iran. Is the US going to attack Israeli jets over Saudi Arabia? I doubt it.

As bad as Obama has been treating the Israelis of late I would expect them to view US forces as just another hostile force to be avoided. And, who knows, the Israelis might shoot back ---

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The timing of this is very interesting to me since earlier today Press TV reported that Iran had shot down an unidentified object that was flying over it's airspace. One of the theories is that what they shot down was an Israeli UAV. I get a feeling that things are heating up in Iran. Again. Let's just hope things cool down before they escalate.

new topics

top topics

join