It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadiums, Hotels Warned to Watch for Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

So you are saying that perhaps the attack will be carried out on Yom Kippurand possibly at a Yom Kippur celebration? Interesting theory and certainly falls within the code words...

But then again, the code words don't have to mean anything, or they could be indicative of the union of two seperate shadow groups towards a common goal.

But if they are really using analogies then the time is soon... wedding cakes are usually sent straight to the wedding as soon as they are ready.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Being vigilant and prepared and informed is not "living in fear" and the ones that need to grow up are the ones wearing rose-colored glasses!

I, too, evaluate all the people in a crowd when I enter a room, I look for weapons, and exits, and odd groups of people. I listen to the conversations around me, and I sit or stand where I can see the entrances and exits!

Couldn't agree more.

But some people like to be wise and prepare for the worst in any given situation. Others like to be unprepared, and believe that God or someone else will step in if someone gets violent or agressive.

If you REALLY don't want the so called "terrorists" to "win," you should live your life alot more vigilantly, and be prepared to lay it down for this country should you happen to be the one on the next plane or in the subway or where ever, and you have to take them out.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah, that was the code word for the day of the attack according to what the FBI/CIA thinks. I think Germany should be on high alert now, according to reports out there. It could happen here in the U.S. as well around Sept. 27th/28th (end of Yom Kippur). That is why the FBI/CIA is frantically trying to find out this bomb plot that originated out of Queens New York and Aurora, Colorado. I think they know time might be short and they are working around the clock now.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
what's intresting to me is, with all the surveillance going on with wire taps on ALL the phones wired & wireless, internet, airport security, US Mail opening/scanning most the inbound/outbound mail, email sniffing with 90% of the email providers, etc, etc..

and what would be the percentage chance of actually having a terrorists get away with the act WITHOUT being caught.. or better yet, actually being able to even begin to pull it off ....

I think I smell a rat .. *grin*

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Sounds almost a state of emergency to me

Originally posted by jd140
I look for suspicous activity anytime I go to a place that is overly crowded. When I go to a restaurant I sit with my back against the back wall and face the door.

This is sheer paranoia and NOT a way to live
I rather keep my eye out for corrupt politicians to throw pies at

This is believing the facade that has been painted for you by the same govt. that gave you the record for the most govt. overthrows and subsidizing of terroists.

It has very little to do with terroists.

I like to be in a posistion to anticipate any problems that might arise.

For example. I was at the 2006 Ozzfest concert in St Louis I was walking around being "paranoid" when I caught a pick pocket lifting a guys wallet. I walked up behind him, put him in a choke hold and got the guys wallet back.

Sometimes it helps being observant. Plus it got me a free 5 dollar semi cold beer.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready Better yet, they have caused us to surrender our freedoms to our own government in the name of security!!

If I were a terrorist, i could grin at that!

If I were a government agent involved in an inside plot to make you think that while we made you embrace homeland security with your backs to the wall... I would grin at that.

So to any terrorist out there taking notes... we have three ideas planted...

Originally posted by Crakeur
On the flip side, this morning I walked to work, heading down Lexington, passing the hotels where most of the dignitaries stay. Lots of black SUV's, tons of secret service and they were letting everyone walk right on thru. If some dude with a backpack bomb wanted to, he'd have been able to blow himself up ten feet from the front of the hotel.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I agree on one point though. If the terrorists want to "win" they should attack our way of life like the DC Sniper! Large public targets make good TV, but a couple of serial killers or snipers or random acts centered around shopping areas and entertainment venues could destroy the economy in weeks!! If they make us scared to SHOP, then we are doomed!

Originally posted by Retseh
All they have to do is throw a hand grenade into a crowded bar, and you've got national chaos.

I recall a MSM News caster during the Berln Olympics say several times "Gee I hope no one brings a bomb... so someone brought a pipe bomb....

If I was the suspicious type I could swear those news guys hired the bomber because it was a slow news days... course I can't PROVE that....

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters. " Ben Franklin

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
this si SUPER rediculous..why in gods name or alas, would a terrosit resort to ombing a stadium, especially if it has no dome? i cant even picture a terrrorist concieving the wasteful thought. as for a hotel? yeah, he's gunna tape bombs to himself and blow up a holiday INN
a;; that sacrifice jsut cuase the price wasnmt right for a nights rest and board....
fearmongering, noting less or more

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

What does a dome have anything to do with it?

How many suicide bombings in Iraq included a place with a dome?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Looks like the NYPD was aware of Obama's poll numbers and figured out what the FBI was doing cutting the investigation short.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

what's intresting to me is, with all the surveillance going on with wire taps on ALL the phones wired & wireless, internet, airport security, US Mail opening/scanning most the inbound/outbound mail, email sniffing with 90% of the email providers, etc, etc..

and what would be the percentage chance of actually having a terrorists get away with the act WITHOUT being caught.. or better yet, actually being able to even begin to pull it off ....

I think I smell a rat .. *grin*

What I smell is hysteria over the idea that all this supposed surveillance is actually going on. People have been fed a diet of fear by the loons.

Everyone knows code words, the workings of the PTB and NWO, supposed false flags, blah blah blah. Yeah, right.

Me, I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens.

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game..
:
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll..

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

That's nothing. Here in the southern part of the Philippines where there have been bombings (thanks Michael Meiring and the US government!) checkpoint personnel would flag down buses and other public utility vehicles and order all the males to get out while they check for suspicious luggage. The females all stay inside in their seats.

Dumbest method ever to try to catch "terrorists".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nothing wrong with that. In my part of the world where there have been "terrorist" attacks I usually go to the mall on a Monday-Wednesday instead of the peak Friday-Sunday. And preferably on mornings as the bombings always occured in the afternoons/dusk. It sure beats crowds and queues at the cash register.

Besides, studies have indicated that pessimists live longer.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Remember readers, in this new United States, a rumor of a terror threat can be much more effective than the real thing.

i see your point but no...

LOL

It is NOT just as effective as a real attack.
haha...

whoever starred you should lose points.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Don't worry, Jack Bauer will save us.

But really I'm surprised its taken so long,not one happening in the last 8 years...not ONCE!?. It makes me think it has come close to happening several times and has been stopped, they just aren't telling anyone.

or OR. We are all battery's.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
IF thier was no dome, smoke , heat, debris would escape out. maybe witha dome, all that stuff stays in, arichashays ect, possibly killing more. Ide imagine, a terrorist in america, would want to kill as may as possible..thus thier being a dome. and its more secluded, with a dome. terrorists, at least form what i read, are after political peple or places here, in america, not necessarliy the civilians. ide imagine it ouwl e be much more easier for a terrorist, to taint the water supply*

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
from what i understand, they just nabbed three of them.
above top secret

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Terror Plan Broadens & officials are panicky!

Surveillance Teams "Stretched Thin" with More Than 24 Possible Suspects.

"I have never been so worried," said one senior law enforcement official with more than a dozen years of experience in counter-terrorism investigations.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Stadiums, Hotels Warned to Watch for Terrorists

abcnews.go.com

Counterterrorism officials have issued security bulletins to police around the nation about terrorist interest in attacking stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels — the latest in a flurry of such internal warnings as investigators chase a possible bomb plot in Denver and New York.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Erm...What does a terrorist look like these days?

Do they still wear turbans , have long beards and have an olive complexion still?
Or do they look like regular people with close together eyes and a darting eyes expression carrying a packet labelled 'Bomb'?

All you can do is report anyone looking suspicious these days, like someone being where they're not supposed to.

Theres an arab working in our office does that make him a terrorist as he reads the Qu'ran occasionally?

There is now no stereotypical version of a terrorist, its all fear mongering to keep the public on edge ready for the next false flag event, besides if you want to see REAL terrorist's you only have to look at your Government.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Erm...What does a terrorist look like these days?

Depends on who you ask! According to DHS, they probably are driving a pick up truck with an NRA sticker, rebel flag, Yellow ribbon for the troops, maybe even a Marine sticker, or Veteran license plate. The only way to be sure though, is if you see all of that and a Ron Paul bumpersticker and a Christian Fish!

Probably if you ask ATS members, the terrorists will be in suits and walking out of banks or government buildings!!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I work in a bank, so that makes me a terrorist then

oh lordy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join