It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadiums, Hotels Warned to Watch for Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Dont we still have those links to the PD radios/scanners? Lets listen in and see whats up...I dont have the link so if someone else does, that would be cool about now.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well ok, I am going to come out and say it. Maybe the FBI/CIA know this already or perhaps not. Just an interesting correlation here with wedding cake and this:

The Feast of Yom Kippur/ Day of Atonement the appearing/revealing of the bride with her Bridegroom.

www.unveilingthebride.com...

You can also do a Google search for more information about this.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by phoenix103

Originally posted by jd140
I look for suspicous activity anytime I go to a place that is overly crowded. When I go to a restaurant I sit with my back against the back wall and face the door.

Nothing wrong with making people more aware really. Airports do it 24/7.

That is insane.

You do realise you are giving the "terrorists" the victory they want, you live your life in fear.

Grow up!

Being vigilant and prepared and informed is not "living in fear" and the ones that need to grow up are the ones wearing rose-colored glasses!

I, too, evaluate all the people in a crowd when I enter a room, I look for weapons, and exits, and odd groups of people. I listen to the conversations around me, and I sit or stand where I can see the entrances and exits.

It doesn't have to be terror related, what about fires, or armed robbers, or angry ex-employees, or a domestic dispute at an adjoining table?

I agree on one point though. If the terrorists want to "win" they should attack our way of life like the DC Sniper! Large public targets make good TV, but a couple of serial killers or snipers or random acts centered around shopping areas and entertainment venues could destroy the economy in weeks!! If they make us scared to SHOP, then we are doomed!

I'm sorry to sound harsh but its TRAGIC people are living their lives in fear such as this.

Perhaps its something alien to the psyche of the average US citizen. We in the UK have had terrorist attacks for decades and as citizens, do not allow ourselves to live in a state of fear.

Vigilance comes down to being aware of unattended luggage in public places which is exceptionally rare. Beyond that, nobody asseses every place they go for threats.

Statistically, almost everything in your life is more likely to cause your death than a terrorist attack.

If this doesn't do it for you than bear in mind the entire pupose of terrorist attacks is to instill TERROR and FEAR into those attacked. Some have the aim of changing policy or behaviour of the state, others have no agenda, regardless, they are succeeding if you allow yourself to live in such a way.

Even if you were in the presence of a terrorist (which i repeat, is so unlikely as to not be worth contemplating) the chances are you wouldn't know and if they were launching an attack, would be unable to prevent it.

Look for the good in the world instead of seeking out fear and division, i implore you, you will be all the better for it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Even if you were in the presence of a terrorist (which i repeat, is so unlikely as to not be worth contemplating) the chances are you wouldn't know and if they were launching an attack, would be unable to prevent it.

I certainly agree that I will probably never be in the vicinity of a terrorist, but like I said, being vigilant has many purposes. I have been taking those precautions since I was old enough to drive, and it never had anything to do with terrorism. I just like to be aware of my surroundings!

I prevented myself from being mugged in New Orleans that way a couple of years ago! I also found a dead body once, because I followed up on a news report with my dog. I knew where they found an abandoned vehicle, and I knew where I would hide a body in that area, and sure enough, my dog sniffed it out!

So, I agree with you that there is no reason to be afraid, but there is even less reason to be afraid if you are prepared and aware!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by phoenix103

I certainly agree that I will probably never be in the vicinity of a terrorist, but like I said, being vigilant has many purposes. I have been taking those precautions since I was old enough to drive, and it never had anything to do with terrorism. I just like to be aware of my surroundings!

I prevented myself from being mugged in New Orleans that way a couple of years ago! I also found a dead body once, because I followed up on a news report with my dog. I knew where they found an abandoned vehicle, and I knew where I would hide a body in that area, and sure enough, my dog sniffed it out!

So, I agree with you that there is no reason to be afraid, but there is even less reason to be afraid if you are prepared and aware!

Have to confess, i misread your post so didn't fully acknowledge what you'd said (apologies).

Certainly, criminality is far more likely to have an impact on our lives and when in places where we feel slightly less secure it is only natural to be a bit more guarded. I'm just concerned that some people are being driven to a life of fear by media and government hype over a minimal threat.

Don't get me wrong, its likely that at some point another big attack will occur somewhere in one of our respective countries, is the nature of mankind that this is inevitable, sadly but to not live our lives to the fullest is almost as bad as not being here.

Should i ever be attacked (and its been fairly close on more than one occasion) i will know they never beat me - whatever they think they represent.

Until then, i'm going to do everything i want and need to without fear or hestiation!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Officials Worry NY Terror Plot 'Still Alive' as Case Broadens

Law enforcement officials say the alleged terror plot against New York City may be "still alive" despite the arrest of its alleged ringleader, 24-year-old Najibullah Zazi of Denver, Colorado.
The FBI closes in on alleged terror cells here in the U.S.

"I have never been so worried," said one senior law enforcement official with more than a dozen years of experience in counter-terrorism investigations.

That is some major scaremongering!

When you see multiple news reports, I kind of get the feeling it's a load of BS.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Officials Worry NY Terror Plot 'Still Alive' as Case Broadens

Law enforcement officials say the alleged terror plot against New York City may be "still alive" despite the arrest of its alleged ringleader, 24-year-old Najibullah Zazi of Denver, Colorado.
The FBI closes in on alleged terror cells here in the U.S.

"I have never been so worried," said one senior law enforcement official with more than a dozen years of experience in counter-terrorism investigations.

That is some major scaremongering!

When you see multiple news reports, I kind of get the feeling it's a load of BS.

It is not scaremongering, it is reality. A newsworthy story. When they report some killer escaped prison and it is considered newsworthy, do you think it is a load of BS and media scaremongering?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

So now, this guy that cooperated with authorities, and hired an attorney and held a press conference prior to his arrest, is the 'ringleader'????

It sure seems like odd behaviour for an operative of AQ, or any terrorist organization!! Shouldn't he have strapped some explosives to himself and waited for the cops to come?

Also, if he is the 'ringleader', why did the FBI announce that they were observing him, and announce a day ahead of time that they planned to search his place?

If I were a member of the law enforcement handling this case, I would be "more scared than ever before" as well!! I would be scared at the ineptitude of my own force!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Wow that sounds a little exagerated, but then again there might be serious imminent attacks.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
The key code word for their attack is "wedding cake". And I think I know what it might be.

Well tell us then?

Is it a location or a device or a target?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So now, this guy that cooperated with authorities, and hired an attorney and held a press conference prior to his arrest, is the 'ringleader'????

It sure seems like odd behaviour for an operative of AQ, or any terrorist organization!! Shouldn't he have strapped some explosives to himself and waited for the cops to come?

From what I've read, I'm not sure he would be considered the ringleader. It seems, however, that he might have delivered something that served as the "go," signal to the operatives in the field.

Who knows? This does seem to be the most serious threat since 2001-02.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here we go again, more scaremongering.

Trying to live a normal life under these continual alerts and threats is pointless, and that's what the terrorists want.

All they have to do is throw a hand grenade into a crowded bar, and you've got national chaos.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Well, me neither, but the article and the law enforcement officer called him that!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Here we go again, more scaremongering.

Trying to live a normal life under these continual alerts and threats is pointless, and that's what the terrorists want.

This kind of comment always makes me laugh. No, the terrorists don't feel a sense of victory because people discuss reported threats. That is not the goal. They also don't feel like they've won if someone sits with his back to the door at a restaurant. They don't celebrate when Americans feel uneasy when in a crowded, public venue.

There is but one end game to this and I suggest you educate yourself on what that is.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Stargate2012
The key code word for their attack is "wedding cake". And I think I know what it might be.

Well tell us then?

Is it a location or a device or a target?

I already mentioned the connection.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

There is but one end game to this and I suggest you educate yourself on what that is

You mean "utter and total annihilation of Israel and the West?" That is slightly different than sitting with our back to the walls!

However, I see the point he was making. If they can destroy our way of life, and our quality of life, then they have taken away our "freedoms." Better yet, they have caused us to surrender our freedoms to our own government in the name of security!!

If I were a terrorist, i could grin at that!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

Then humor us and explain it. I looked at the website you posted and I didn't get it either. And how do you even know their code words? Did I miss something in here?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Then humor us and explain it. I looked at the website you posted and I didn't get it either. And how do you even know their code words? Did I miss something in here?

I read their code words in one of the earlier reports as well. The "ringleader" delivered the message, "The Wedding Cake is ready." But, like you, the link provided didn't make any sense to me? I am assuming he thinks they will attack some upcoming Christian celebration with that name? Not sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I read their code words in one of the earlier reports as well. The "ringleader" delivered the message, "The Wedding Cake is ready." But, like you, the link provided didn't make any sense to me? I am assuming he thinks they will attack some upcoming Christian celebration with that name? Not sure.

I think we will eventually find out that ringleader-boy was moonlighting as a baker but didn't want his wife to know he was making cash on the side in order to save up for a PS3.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

It is a Jewish celebration. Yom Kippur. It has been associated with the Bridegroom in the Christian religion. Get it? Wedding Cake is ready...Bridegroom (Marriage).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join