It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadiums, Hotels Warned to Watch for Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Stadiums, Hotels Warned to Watch for Terrorists

abcnews.go.com

Counterterrorism officials have issued security bulletins to police around the nation about terrorist interest in attacking stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels — the latest in a flurry of such internal warnings as investigators chase a possible bomb plot in Denver and New York.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
More scaremongering, or an actual threat?

ABC have a big breaking news banner on this, they couldn't be more dramatic if they tried.

However, I do feel this is more than the usual MSM hype, something is in the offing for sure, what, I wish I knew friends.

For the last few days there's been a blitz on terrorism and Iran stories, it just feels like something is going to come to a head!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pretty good timing since we recently heard from the scary dead guy.

As far as prediction threads go, predicting a terror scare shortly after a faked OBL video is generally a sure win.

Also LOTS of kudos to everyone on the board who has been predicting an event this week. Looks like this one "hit". Remember readers, in this new United States, a rumor of a terror threat can be much more effective than the real thing.

[edit on 9-22-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I look for suspicous activity anytime I go to a place that is overly crowded. When I go to a restaurant I sit with my back against the back wall and face the door.

Nothing wrong with making people more aware really. Airports do it 24/7.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
haha happy 9/22. alot of buzz in everything today! UFOs being shot down, terrorist watch being put out...hmm...i felt it coming!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I remember when Ashcroft used to raise the threat level everytime the Bush poll numbers used to slide. It's like deja vu all over again.

I don't believe the ptb tell the public anything without some hidden motivation.

Only a fool would take these threats at face value.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the main theme here seems to be the discord between the NYPD and the fed. Seems like the NYPD isn't buying what is being sold.

Officials said the FBI/Homeland Security bulletins weren't tied to known threats and New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly downplayed terror fears there, saying there was no specific threat and he wasn't stepping up his forces as a result.

"There is no security information on entertainment, sports, transit, no specific information ... other than the fact that in a post-9/11 world, we are concerned about a lot of things," Kelly told reporters at a Tuesday morning briefing in Manhattan.

www.foxnews.com...

Raids on three Queens apartments may have derailed a terror plot, but they caused a rift between the NYPD and FBI officials who wanted to get more evidence, sources said Tuesday.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
NYC is in a security headlock thanks to the president being here for the UN meetings so it's hard to determine if things are much different than they would, normally be.

I will say this, last night, walking home, at Madison and 57th, I saw a cab crash into an SUV. the two cars pulled over, the suv driver got out of his car and ran around to the passenger side to see if the woman with him was ok. At the same time, some serious NYPD folks (hercules? torch?) came out of nowhere and they surrounded the cab, asking the driver to pop the trunk.

I've been in cab accidents before, seen plenty of them over the course of my life here. Never, ever, have I seen them check the trunk of the car.

As to the presence of these heavily armed cops, well, they're crawling all over the area in and around the UN.

On the flip side, this morning I walked to work, heading down Lexington, passing the hotels where most of the dignitaries stay. Lots of black SUV's, tons of secret service and they were letting everyone walk right on thru. If some dude with a backpack bomb wanted to, he'd have been able to blow himself up ten feet from the front of the hotel.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I will say this, last night, walking home, at Madison and 57th, I saw a cab crash into an SUV. the two cars pulled over, the suv driver got out of his car and ran around to the passenger side to see if the woman with him was ok. At the same time, some serious NYPD folks (hercules? torch?) came out of nowhere and they surrounded the cab, asking the driver to pop the trunk.

That strikes me as an odd response by the cops:

You've been in a car accident, therefore you probably have something in your trunk!

Dumb terrorists, almost as dumb as going on a suicide mission with a bag containing your plans, accomplices and your political ideology in it....oh wait...they did that didn't they!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds almost a state of emergency to me

Originally posted by jd140
I look for suspicous activity anytime I go to a place that is overly crowded. When I go to a restaurant I sit with my back against the back wall and face the door.

This is sheer paranoia and NOT a way to live
I rather keep my eye out for corrupt politicians to throw pies at

This is believing the facade that has been painted for you by the same govt. that gave you the record for the most govt. overthrows and subsidizing of terroists.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The NYC Long Island Rail Road in is increasing police presence at key locations because of terror threat, according local media reports.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

the MTA has upped security at many key locations but I haven't seen a huge increase. Maybe I should go down the hall to the Long Island Railroad office and ask them what's up.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

False flag at the UN meetings?

TPTB or whoever might need another "event" to keep citizens afraid and create a reason for a new war.

Quite a few things coming to a head right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Might be worth it, but as I don't know how things work in the US I'd imagine they'd cart you away for questioning for even wanting to know why Security was being stepped up slightly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by ROBL240

the MTA has upped security at many key locations but I haven't seen a huge increase. Maybe I should go down the hall to the Long Island Railroad office and ask them what's up.

My brother responded to my text message and said the news was live at Penn Station and other transit stations with the National Guard providing security!!

Check it out Crakeur!

Also, I posted in the other thread that it was terribly convenient to make this announcement on a Tuesday morning, so as not to disrupt the economy of sports and travel over last weekend, and giving plenty of time for it to drop off the front pages before next weekend!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Pretty good timing since we recently heard from the scary dead guy.

As far as prediction threads go, predicting a terror scare shortly after a faked OBL video is generally a sure win.

Also LOTS of kudos to everyone on the board who has been predicting an event this week. Looks like this one "hit". Remember readers, in this new United States, a rumor of a terror threat can be much more effective than the real thing.

[edit on 9-22-2009 by rogerstigers]

It does? How many times have people said "If people keep claiming things every day then something will inevitably seem to tie in".

There are warnings constantly.

"Hit" - think you meant to prefix it with an S my friend.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That is insane.

You do realise you are giving the "terrorists" the victory they want, you live your life in fear.

Grow up!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The key code word for their attack is "wedding cake". And I think I know what it might be.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

That is insane.

You do realise you are giving the "terrorists" the victory they want, you live your life in fear.

Grow up!

Being vigilant and prepared and informed is not "living in fear" and the ones that need to grow up are the ones wearing rose-colored glasses!

I, too, evaluate all the people in a crowd when I enter a room, I look for weapons, and exits, and odd groups of people. I listen to the conversations around me, and I sit or stand where I can see the entrances and exits.

It doesn't have to be terror related, what about fires, or armed robbers, or angry ex-employees, or a domestic dispute at an adjoining table?

I agree on one point though. If the terrorists want to "win" they should attack our way of life like the DC Sniper! Large public targets make good TV, but a couple of serial killers or snipers or random acts centered around shopping areas and entertainment venues could destroy the economy in weeks!! If they make us scared to SHOP, then we are doomed!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
The key code word for their attack is "wedding cake". And I think I know what it might be.

? ? ? ? ? ?

Do Tell! What might it be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join