It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Would Like to See from Debunkers and Truthers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Okay, as of late, I've been studying both sides of the 9/11 debate. Both provide good info, sources, and evidence. What bothers me is when I will be following two or three persons in a debate and they will each continually ignore some of the material that is presented to them. BOTH Debunkers and Truthers do this; this is not wholly deliberate, nor is it oriented to one side of the debate. Another thing that bothers me is when some individuals will resort to name-calling and using inappropriate adjectives like 'idiotic' and 'stupid'. I would like to see this eliminated and replaced with praise idealically, or at least avoided altogether. Afterall, not all Debunkers are paid disinfo agents and not all Truthers are incoherent nutjobs. Both sides have persons who are less informed and are opinionated, and persons who are highly educated and can independently back up their claims.

I would like for a few of the common Debunker/Truthers and any willing new-comer to provide an explaination to all of the questions raised about their posts. Try to provide evidence that covers every gap in the equation, if at all possible. I don't like reading 9/11 threads where I see a good question and it is not acknowledged. Especially when it is quoted and brought back up, just for the Debunker/Truther to say 'Debunkers/Truthers deliberately ignore this because they are unable to explain it' and so on and so forth.

Now, any Debunker/Truther willing to organize posts that tackle every question they can possibly think of in their report, and without creating great generalizations and accusations of the other side of the debate, am I very happy to read, consider, and engage in your constructive debate. I cannot stop you if you wish to continue the endless cycle of obvious mistakes i.e. 'ignoring' important questions. I can just advise that you go over every possible question you can think of as to why/why not 9/11 was a terrorist attack/inside job.

I am actually hopeful and excited to see what you all will come up with. I have been following 9/11 for quite some time now, and have seen the best of both arguments. Which is what they should not be. I understand that it is a touchy subject, and that it gets people pretty rowed up, but it is these same emotions and reactions that cause the intent of Debunkers/Truthers to be fogged up. It is easier to understand what others are saying if you are a little less biased as well. If you see it from both sides of the argument, as I have, the opposite side seems unbelievable and you don't understand why they think such things. On the other hand, if you be open and willing to accept each outcome (terrorist attack/inside job) as a possibility, then you won't find yourself constantly missing the point.

Well, have at it! I can't wait to see someone answer some of my longing questions regarding both sides of the debate. Give it you best shot and try not to get caught up in a knot!

lol, that was dumb I know. Btw, I am not stating whether I am a Debunker/Truther. You can add this to the debate if you want
. Lets see if we can put an end to the struggle once and for all, and I will either admit defeat, or accept a long anticipated victory. Like I said, I don't bias myself, so I stay clear of accepting a label, and rather constantly put things into question until it is not possible any longer. It's a little idealistic to hope that the subject is put to rest in this thread, but hey, you gotta keep trying right?

Tell me something I didn't know,
Psyc

EDIT:
Please read my post below before adding any replies. Thanks.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Psycontagious]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Forgive me as I'm not trying to make you angry.

It sounds as if you are a Judge who is waiting for the verdict.

To a degree all of us skim and gain knowledge from the threads we read, but your post seems as if you don't really care which side is right, as long as you are on the side that is.

Forgive me if I am taking you wrong here. I believe that you are the only one who can educate you, just as you are the only one that can make up your mind.

Picking up what others give you and carrying on in your convictions toward the belief you have chosen is one thing because you better the work and research regardless of which side you are on, your conviction is true and you build up the movement (again regardless of which side), but to say loosely "show me all the facts, then I will draw my conclusion". It's like you are asking for the 9/11 cliff notes. It seems disingenuous.

People probably resort to name calling or ignoring questions because the people that you are asking to make up your mind are the ones who spend years of their own lives putting things together. I would imagine people on both sides of the argument have put in enough study time to earn multipule college degrees, doing so out of wanting to know the truth.

I feel the same as you and wish that in ANY forum the name calling and skipping over questions would end. I would rather hear "I don't know" then ignorance of the stated question or a cheap attack on the person.

I don't know, I'm sorry if I offended you, but what you said bothered me a little. If you want to know what happened that day, find out, but don't ask others to make up your mind for you. I have faith you are smarter then that.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

*Sigh*

No offense here. You've got me wrong on every possible level, though. I feared coming across as a 'judge' or something. I made my decision a long time ago, on my own. I'm just trying to help someone else.

I didn't think this was a good idea in the first place. I had bad feelings about it before, and every second after posting it.

Nevermind. I'll just take what I know and leave the topic of 9/11 for others to bite at each other. I was hanging over the edge anyway. I just wanted to give it another chance, I guess. I've never been fond of the debate anyway. Almost NO kind of debate.

As I said, I made my decision a long time ago. I used to base my beliefs by popular speculation, but then I had an epiphany. Every time I noticed it didn't satisfy me; there was always WHY and WHY NOT. So I said forget it. Forget what everybody thinks. I'll just believe what I want, as long as it doesn't contradict logic.

Well, anyone's still free to post what they think here, but I may not reply anymore. I think that if I can so continuously be taken the wrong way, that debate is not my genre. Rather, I'll just continue giving my two cents, and move on.

Besides, who's trying to change anyone's mind about 9/11? There's going to be Truthers and Debunkers as long as there's any possible speculation. They'll just keep posting the same stuff until somebody recovers some kind of 'lost tape' that deliberately debunks one or the other or BOTH, heck.

IDk, lol, maybe I just like to ramble on and on about nothing and everything at once. Oh well, it means something to me at that's what matters.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would like to second your opinion.

I've pretty much stopped posting in the 911 posts. From my point of view, both sides bring up some interesting points. Neither side can concede that one or more of their points can be weak.

If you ask a reasonable question and get verbally abused, what is the point?

new topics

top topics

join