It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins interviews creationist Wendy Wright

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Richard Dawkins
Wendy Wright

There are many related interesting youtube links on every page where Dawkins interviews other prominent creationists.

For the record I am on this issue, as on every other, agnostic. That is to say that I think that such discussions occur within the framework of a very limited understanding of the universe. Furthermore, as it has often been pointed out, I don't find evolution and the idea of a greater intelligence to necessarily be mutually exclusive nor for that fact mutually inclusive.

I will however note my opinion that creationism belongs in faith related institutions and evolution belongs in the realm of science. As I have often noted, creationism has no more place in a science class than organic chemistry does at a church service.

Anyhoot, I found it an interesting watch and thought I would share.

[edit on 22 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oooooh!

Great and nice of you to bring it all in one thread, handy!

Gonna get a snack, maybe a beverage, and settle down to enjoy....

(Always liked Dawkins. Smart feller...)

ooopps...sneak peeked. Only took her one minute into the first part to ~TILT~ into genuine (flying rodent that hangs upside-down/feces) crazy talk!!! Pshaw!

To suggest that NOT believeng her way implies that one is somehow inferior in dealings with and 'judging' of other people???

Oh, do tell, Ms. "concerned woman for america" crazy lady!

[edit on 22 September 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I like how he keeps referencing to her hidden agenda. His attitude, manner of speaking, his interrupting, and the way he tries to lead her into his traps show that he himself has quite a hidden agenda.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think Richard Dawkins is great.

Here though, he may as well be speaking to a brick wall, its actually cringe worthy.

Wendy Wright hasn't got a clue what she is talking about, she just spews out words like a script. Repeating and repeating and repeating.

I have to give her some kudos on going head to head with Richard, she's brave...or stupid, im not sure which one.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
looks like dawkins is the only monkey in this interview. evolutionists theories ,(his facts) derive as the result of what can only be a willfuly ignorent
mistake, concerning the identification of dna encoded adaptation being
taken for evolution. for me evolution is nothing but a theory and a simple minded one at best. not impressive in the slightest way. anyone with a bit of gray matter could have dreamed this crap up. the first thing the human
mind will look for when a person makes a conscious, delibrate and
determind decision not to believe in a creator, God.

you see creationists open their minds to all that is around them,
because all that is around them was created.
evolutionists choose to close their minds to all that is created,
as if everything was created around them.

I like how he keeps referencing to her hidden agenda. His attitude, manner of speaking, his interrupting, and the way he tries to lead her into his traps show that he himself has quite a hidden agenda
i absolutly agree

[edit on 22-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting interview, Dawkins presents her with evidence (in museums) and she ignores it completely. Now last time i checked, there weren't any evidence of a creator in museums. Noone has found viable scientific evidence of any creator.

What we have found is evidence that show that the seemingly older fossils looked different than the younger ones, as if they evolved over a long time.

To discard that evidence is just plain ignorant and foolish in itself.. but to then accept a totaly baseless story about a superforce that made every species as is, never to give rise to new species, is just weird. Why do that? New species that appear in the world arent created by a god
They were usualy born.

Maybe she's in it for the money, fame or attention.. as she said they have like 500,000 followers.. she found a way to make a good living, and that'll be her comfort zone. Why risk it all?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is really fascinating stuff. I am still watching the all the videos as I type this. So far it is great. One of many often heated debates is Creationism Vs evolutionism.

I personally lean toward evolution, for what it is worth. As others have said in this thread, no one has found any real evidence of a creator of any kind... Yet there are still millions upon millions of people who believe in a creator. One of the hardest things to change about a person is their beliefs. If some one wants to believe something they will believe it no matter what kind of evidence for a different solution you wave in their face.

Now don't get me wrong, I do not want to come across as an atheist because I do believe in an after life, but I do not follow any one religion because I just don't buy any of their stories. Personally I often find myself contemplation the possibility of a combination of both evolution and creationism... What I mean by that is, if there is a supreme being somewhere could it not be there "plan" for us to evolve on our own so we can adapt to what ever nature may throw at us?

Oh well, back to the videos!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I think Richard Dawkins is great.

Here though, he may as well be speaking to a brick wall, its actually cringe worthy.

Wendy Wright hasn't got a clue what she is talking about, she just spews out words like a script. Repeating and repeating and repeating.

I have to give her some kudos on going head to head with Richard, she's brave...or stupid, im not sure which one.

It was excruiating to watch, I ended up with a head ache listening to her whiny voice which said nothing, she just kept repeating.

Her fake smiles and condescending laugh was too much- she didnt once answer his questions and had the hide to say people like her get talked over- the poor guy couldn't get a word in edgeways

She totally ignored him saying the evidence was there if she would just look and just kept asking the same question when he had answered her countless times

The one time she did stop with the fake smiles and the condescending laugh, the contempt for Dawkins was written all over face.

She went on and on about evidence for evolution when there is zero evidence for a god- Dawkins was the perfect gentleman he could have crucified her if he wanted to

[edit on 11-11-2009 by lifecitizen]

far out the edit buttons not working by the looks, third time lucky

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24
I like how he keeps referencing to her hidden agenda. His attitude, manner of speaking, his interrupting, and the way he tries to lead her into his traps show that he himself has quite a hidden agenda.

Funny how Wendy repeats herself over and over and continued to ignore everything Dawkins said.

Atheism for the win.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Interesting interview, Dawkins presents her with evidence (in museums) and she ignores it completely. Now last time i checked, there weren't any evidence of a creator in museums. Noone has found viable scientific evidence of any creator.

Daniem,good post - when creationists do go to the museum its not usualy a very pretty sight - particularly when there are children involved.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Creationists have to be the most ignorant, closed minded people in the history of the universe.

That video makes me sick.

for creationists.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yes,I did feel a bit nauseous after watching that again.

There should be a law which prohibits the indoctrination and conditioning of these youngsters by religious fanatics - I just can't see how anyone can actualy watch that video and not think there is something very seriously wrong with it.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Exactly.

Imagine if i went into a packed creationist church service with a bible and pointed out the infinite impossibilities and complete fiction of what it says.

Then i whip out my childrens encyclopedia of science and prove why.

There would be uproar!

Bottom line, don't teach these impressionable children your ridiculous beliefs at all. But if you must, don't do it in a museum!

karl 12......its all too much for me

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join