It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mrs. Obama's Carbon Footprint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It depends on your location really. IN DC , where it is very ethnic and cultural, your gonna find a large variety of items that you would never find anywhere else.

She has money. She earned it. And the woman has worked very hard for it. If she wants to go buy kale, go for it.

Remember, she also tries to maintain as much normalcy as she can for her family. So does the normal family send the chef out? Or does mom have to run out and get it?

FRom what I understand, she still does a lot of cooking.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I have just learned something new about vegetables, thanks.

Good job! Good talking with you.

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
One hypocrisy of this issue is the big deal Mrs. Obama makes about the benefits of organic gardening while the administration is doing this:

1. Michelle Obama is not the Queen of America. She cannot control the bills that the House and Senate propose.

2. Looking at HR 875 and S 425, they seem to have been written in February and nothing much has happened since then. Doesn't sound like they're being "pushed through" to me. And I also don't see where they are a threat to organic farming...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For the one who asked about why she doesn't eat her own veggies. Michelle can't eat out of her garden because Clinton used toxic sludge for fertilizer. The lead content in this sludge makes the produce dangerous for human to consume. Too bad they didn't test the soil before planting.

www.dailyfinance.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course she isn't Queen. Just maybe she should spread the word to her husband about organic gardening. The administration is credited with these bills.

BTW Thank you for pointing out this was a planned speech-event. The Post article was very misleading.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

1. Michelle Obama is not the Queen of America. She cannot control the bills that the House and Senate propose.

This is the issue.
www.whale.to...

And certainly you know how much influence a wife has with her husband - especially if the children are also being affected.

It's just another one of those "we can't say no to this Monsanto Corporation" problem
And this one is a big one.
It's the food on your plate and in the mouths of your children.
It's serious.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm in NC, and I am still getting tomatoes (such as the quantity has been)

Besides, there's these amazing little devices known as greenhouses... oh yeah. The soil's borked. Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
And certainly you know how much influence a wife has with her husband - especially if the children are also being affected.

I guess we can blame Laura Bush and Lynn Cheney for the Iraq War, then...

I agree Monsanto and the others are a huge problem. But I guess I just fail to see how that translates to Michelle's Carbon Footprint and her speaking at the local Farmers Market...

I mean, maybe through 6 degrees of separation.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Ok, DC is no where near NC. As someone outside of the beltway, we are at the very end of tomatoes, and everything is gone.

And also, where exactly would they put a greenhouse at the whitehouse? Bascially her garden is in the only spot there can be.

The first thing you learn when you see the WH, is that it is not all that big.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join