It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Checkpoints in Newport, Kentucky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You saw them enforcing laws?

All I saw them doing was directing traffic. I see this everyday being done by people who work construction.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey what a surprise

Military is evil...so on and so forth

The point is that National Guard is not federal unless they are activated.So they are doing traffic or crowd control. What's the big deal? This isn't oppressive unless we make it oppressive...and of course there are several here who wish to make it oppressive. Look again...FEDERAL troops aren't allowed to perform these actions. These boys and girls in these uniforms are not federal.

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You saw them enforcing laws?

All I saw them doing was directing traffic. I see this everyday being done by people who work construction.

Let me ask you this...what are the rules that determine how traffic flows??

TRAFFIC LAWS.

Therefore, if they are directing traffic, they are enforcing laws.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I can go out in the street right now with an orange vest on and direct the flow of traffic.

Ordinary civilians direct the flow of traffic at events such as this all the time.

Construction workers direct and stop the flow of traffic every day.

Please help me understand how any of theses three are enforcing traffic laws.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I can go out in the street right now with an orange vest on and direct the flow of traffic.

Ordinary civilians direct the flow of traffic at events such as this all the time.

Construction workers direct and stop the flow of traffic every day.

Please help me understand how any of theses three are enforcing traffic laws.

No, you cant. It is illegal, and would be considered disrupting traffic.

Technically, you are not allowed to direct traqffic without certification. During an event such as an accident, if you notice, police officers ALWAYS immediately take over for the citizens if a citizen is doing it. It is a safety hazard, and again, without certification, it is illegal.

To be a construction flagger, you have to be certified.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I was a construction worker and I flagged traffic.

I was never certified, anything else you would like to pull out of your butt?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
During an event such as an accident, if you notice, police officers ALWAYS immediately take over for the citizens if a citizen is doing it. It is a safety hazard, and again, without certification, it is illegal.

Not always. I helped direct traffic for almost 20 minutes a few years ago after I came upon an accident on a local highway. There was a cop on the one end of the accident and me on the other with four other cops standing around taking statements and whatever else needed doing. None of them came over to me to take over. None came to talk to me at all until the wrecker was pulling up and then it was only to ask if I had seen the accident and when I said I hadn't they walked away and left me to it.

Back to the topic, I like how the video uses the music to make a soldier standing on a street corner seem sinister. I watched the first minute or so and was laughing so hard at the sheer absurdity of what they were trying to make it look like that I had to turn it off. Soldiers directing traffic at events is nothing new, and nothing to get too worked up about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join