It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have Had Enough Of the American Government!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have had Enough of Our government! First it was Bush who sold us out to foreign interests, and changed our laws to take away our civil freedoms.
Now we have Obama who is doing his Best to take away every personal freedom we have!
I am sick of this erroneous Health Care Reform.
Everything he proposes is just another way to take our freedoms by Controlling how, When and Why we receive health care.
If he Really wants to “fix” Health care in America then he should go after Insurance Corporations who continually Rape the American Public.
Yes, pass the laws that will make it illegal for Insurance Companies to change, cancel or limit a persons coverage because of a preexisting condition or catastrophic illness.
Also change the laws that prohibit selling health Insurance Coverage across state lines.
There should also be changes in the malpractice laws. There should be a limit on the Amount of Money a Lawyer can get for a case, no more percentage, it should be a Flat Fee per case period, I think $25,000 to $50,000 would suffice.
There should be a Limit on Punitive damages, it should also be a flat amount $100,000. Sounds fair to me.
Damage awards should be Actual loss period! Salary lost because of the damage/injury, for as long as it takes to recover, cost of medical care for the injury and related illness for life, retraining in a profession in a similar income bracket with limits, can’t spend the rest of their life in school, can’t keep changing the choice of profession to keep getting the money etc.
That would protect Americans not Control them.

Cap and Trade, it just makes me insane.
You can find just as many scientists that say it is a farce, as you can find that say it is a critical issue.
Again go after the Corporations not Us!
Green energy is great, getting us off our dependance of fossil fuels is a good idea, it will run our eventually.
BUT, It is not a critical issue at this time, there is plenty of time to Slowly make the changes so that the impact would not put a sudden and catastrophic burden on the American Public or the Corporations.
The Cap and Trade would “Require” Us to retrofit our Homes to comply with the “green energy” policy by requiring you to instal solar, wind and geothermal energy sources.
It will "require" you to be using 30% less energy within 5 years of passage of this bill. Thats not all though,
`(A) effective on the date of enactment of the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, 30 percent reduction in energy use relative to a comparable building constructed in compliance with the baseline code;
`(B) effective January 1, 2014, for residential buildings, and January 1, 2015, for commercial buildings, 50 percent reduction in energy use relative to the baseline code; and
`(C) effective January 1, 2017, for residential buildings, and January 1, 2018, for commercial buildings, and every 3 years thereafter, respectively, through January 1, 2029, and January 1, 2030, 5 percent additional reduction in energy use relative to the baseline code.
Baseline code is: A building built with "all the available energy efficent technology," which will be used as the Baseline for the required energy efficent retrofits.

It will also impose Limits on how much energy a household can use, or you will face Fines for the overage.
You will be "Required" to replace appliances that use to much energy.
You will be "Required" to use Only the “dangerous florescent bulbs”, which they are already trying to do by making the Incandescent light bulbs more and more unavailable.
And yes the florescent bulbs are considered hazardous material. check the link.
www.epa.gov...

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
do something about it or leave the country if u hate it so much?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Actually you should leave the country. Live in a european country for a while and you will most likely see how messed up America is. It might be difficult to see from inside.

American people are great, but their government doesnt spend a dime to improve society for the people. Its all about the war machine. Its a insane system.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
dangerous florescent bulbs

They contian mercury in them. If you break a light bulb you are told to clean it up immediately, evucuate and air out the area for 15 minutes. That is abstoutly ridculous. They can't force me to buy them. I was ok with the digital transition but not this!
I have had very bad reactions to floresent lighting. I have had headaches, white outs,(much like black outs only everything goes white); when this happens it feels as if I am floating. I even get nasua and hot flashes as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sorry but I detect duplicity in your post. You are all for putting certain limits on lawyer comp, malpractice awards etc, and then in same breath you are fuming against limits on your (possibly inflated) personal energy consumption.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

You are not alone my friend is many of us that are fed up with the corruption in our government for years, no fed up with our nation and its people but just with the lame excuse we have for government now a days.

I have done my share of writing and E-mailing my congress and representatives all I got from them is stupid letters, state and fed auditing on our taxes and taxes increases and penalties.

That is how the government get back to you for complaining to much.

Still I am a fighter and give them the finger.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I have had headaches, white outs,(much like black outs only everything goes white); when this happens it feels as if I am floating. I even get nasua and hot flashes as well.

Sounds like seizure disorder to me... Ever been checked? something to keep a eye on. I know these all to well, same symptoms right before a grand mall.

although i fully agree about the dangers of the new bulbs. But i have one in ever room, they do make a diffrence on the electricity bill at the end of the month. Not the first time mercury has been used in a house... i remember taking apart the old thermostats and rolling the mercury around on a piece of paper..

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's great! Now get off the couch, turn off the tv and do something about it. It won't just go away.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You going to do something about it or are you just going to blog about it?

I'm betting you will just blog about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Translation:
The Illuminati has taken control of my mind, soul, and body.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

That's great! Now get off the couch, turn off the tv and do something about it. It won't just go away.

My senators and representatives get more e-mail and phone calls from me than you would believe! I also go to the protests and am always willing to stand up for the American People! I do the best I can to fight the insane things the Government is/has been doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I posted this in another belly aching thread and will post it for you to read as well.

Words never solved anything.

You are tired of our government then stop belly aching and take action. Do something about it. Don't hide in a corner cheering on those who have a set.

Put up or shut up. Honestly I am getting sick and tired of people on ATS crying "mommy mommy the guberment is bad". I see thread after thread about others standing up and all you guys do is blog about how great that person is.

I'm calling you all out. Do something about the situation you are in or shut the hell up.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I do my part too!!!!
I put at least 2-3 cases of empty beer cans at the inlet of the coal burning fuel plant cooling system that sucks water outa my creek!!!!! Into the plant...
Them 2-3 guys in there, that pick-em outa the sytem, know what I drink for sure!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Sorry but I detect duplicity in your post. You are all for putting certain limits on lawyer comp, malpractice awards etc, and then in same breath you are fuming against limits on your (possibly inflated) personal energy consumption.

Yes, that is exactally correct. Lawyers suck donkey dung, and are nothing more than blood sucking sub-human slugs.
You know the saying " what do you call 500 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean? A good start."
And yes I am against my Government being dictators. Protecting the people in this country is one thing, but dictating what they can or cannot do/have is quite another thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

apparently you didn't see my previous post? I do everything I can. Not the least of which is trying to wake people up and make them aware of what the government is doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
do something about it or leave the country if u hate it so much?

I do everything I can.
I will not leave My Country! I love my Country and its People!
I am however fed up with this Government and will fight the insane things they are trying to inflict on the American People.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by jd140

When there are half a million people that are awakened to some extent on what's going on in their country, and even 90% of that half million are divided among lines given by TPTB, what exactly are they to do to change things in a nation of 400 million?

But I suppose its much easier to come onto a conspiracy theory web forum and tell people to "put up or shut the hell up."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Wow you hold a sign up at protests and you email your represenatives.

WAY TO PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE!

You are they type of person that cowers in the corner cheering on the guys who throw shoes at the President or stands up to a Senator at a rally and tells him off.

The way I see it you have three options.

1. Take a harder stance and stop with the pussy footing at rallies.

2. Pack up and leave.

3. Stop belly aching and admit to yourself that you are going to take the abuse you think you are being subjected to by the government.

Which one you going to choose?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I don't care if you like it or not.

Could be the reason you don't like it is because you fit the type mentioned?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I don't care if you like it or not.

Could be the reason you don't like it is because you fit the type mentioned?

I'm leaving as soon as I can. Outlook is two years for savings, maybe sooner. I could care less at this point what Americans or America itself wants to do. Just keep your act together for two more years, don't lockdown the country, don't release any bugs to kill us all, and don't false flag anymore terror attacks, and it's all gravy baby.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join