It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Threat Just in Time to Bone Seniors on Healthcare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Almost a week ago, the current spin started. TERROR!!! BOMBS!! NYC!!

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC (Thanks liveandlearn)

Target of NY Bomb Plot Probe Admits Terrorsist Ties (Thanks digger2381)

And it continues today. TRANSIT! STORAGE UNITS! ONLY 3 OUT OF TWELVE ARRESTED!

Security threat closes US state facilities (Thanks Psyagra for this one)

They are playing it up pretty big. You guys have taught me to watch the other hand when they tell me to look at one. They are really wanting us to pay attention to possible 'terrorists' attacks today. I have to ask why.

It also turns out that today, the administration is talking about bringing legal proceedings against one of Human's groups for mailing letters to some of it's senior citizen clients, letting them know that the Medicare they rely on is slated to get chopped tomorrow.

Apparently the administration had placed a 'gag order' on the subject and claims Humana had violated that and was sending it's clients bad information.

www.foxnews.com...:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.029 142:b27889564:z0

The funny part to me, the warning seems like it may have been fairly accurate.

The Senate committee that Baucus chairs -- Finance -- will vote this week on a sweeping health care plan that he's proposed to expand coverage and try to control costs. It would cut Medicare and Medicaid spending by about $500 billion over 10 years, but Baucus says that would lead to greater efficiency, not reduced benefits.

I don't understand how 500 BILLION dollars can be cut from a program that seniors rely on and have it not affect services, but only increase efficiency.

With the hustle and bustle about possible terror attacks today, which I KNOW will dominate the news tomorrow as well, the voting on the healthcare reform package is taking a back seat.

I might be missing the boat on this one completely. It wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That's a good point. I didn't know any of that info so thanks for sharing. We have found a lot of evidence on ATS for possible terror attacks today to occur but it seems like we have never been right with a date yet so I don't think anything will happen.

Like you say, the "evidence" we're collecting from all these stories and such could just be a cover for this issue.

Good find.

S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This digusts me! Obama gave billions of dollars to banks and companies that did not provide jobs or loans. He spend teh stimulus money on ridculous things such as more dog parks. Where can I find a link to what he spent the money on?
Why would he cut $500 billion dollars to a program for senior citzens who live on around $1,000 ./month.
I bet benefits will somehow be cut or some people will be taken off the program.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I read about this new bill but it was just to be part of the health care reform as just another bill to be taken into consideration along with the many bills congress have.

I don't know where the voting this week comes from, are you sure this not news that have been twisted? for media impact.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I read about this new bill but it was just to be part of the health care reform as just another bill to be taken into consideration along with the many bills congress have.

I don't know where the voting this week comes from, are you sure this not news that have been twisted? for media impact.

The Senate committee that Baucus chairs -- Finance -- will vote this week on a sweeping health care plan that he's proposed to expand coverage and try to control costs. It would cut Medicare and Medicaid spending by about $500 billion over 10 years, but Baucus says that would lead to greater efficiency, not reduced benefits.

Foxnews Source (buried)

But to answer your question honestly, no, I can't be sure of anything that I read anywhere. We have an MSM source telling us that there will be a VOTE by the senate committee this week. It's only the Senate Finance Committee, but I think it's potentially a big deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I read about this bill a few days ago, here is the link to the news I got.

Baucus Releases Long-Awaited Health Care Bill

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) yesterday released his much-awaited “bipartisan” health care reform bill, a moderate alternative to the much more progressive bills to win passage in Senate and House committees.

The Baucus plan, negotiated by a bipartisan group of six handpicked senators, including Republicans Olympia Snow of Maine, Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Mike Enzi of Wyoming and Democrats Baucus, Kent Conrad of North Dakota and Jeff Bingaman of New Mexico, is markedly different from the previous bills to gain passage in committee.

www.economyincrisis.org...

After reading this obtion bill I think is one fo the worst bills in congress right now.

As the bill kills the public option and force tax payers to buy mandatory insurance from private companies.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Having heard that Obama had met with insurance company execs before he even started this game, I've never really had any doubt that the end result of this 'reform' is going to boil down to not much more than a lot of money in the pockets of another industry's executives.

With the 'end of the world' just around the corner, it seems like the Pharaoh's are trying to accumulate as much wealth as they can for the afterlife.

top topics

join