It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What historical event would you want to witness first hand?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If it were possible to create a time viewer machine, I where you could view any time in the history of planet Earth, any moment, from the building of any of the pyramids, to the building of the Great Wall of China, what moment in time would you choose to view, you are not limited to one answer.

I picture the typical viewer watching the view on a movie like screen, while the operator of the machine has control of what the viewer sees on the screen, via 3D like interface that lets him view the event from any angle or position he desires.

Me I would love to see so many different events first would be the building of the pyramids in Giza. Second, I would like to see the dinosaurs actually walking, to see how close we truly are to depicting them. Third I would want to see what really crashed in Roswell. So many more, but these are my first three.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The first thing that came to mind was the building of the Sphinx..lol

The second would be the bilding of the Indus Valley civilizations

The third would be the tunguska blast ( from a reasonably safe dimension, of course)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I would view into the future to see the world resist the impulse to let others control them.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree, the first thing I would want to see is how the pyriamds came to be. I can not fathom how it was done. Call me crazy, but I would like to see how life was in the dark ages, somewhere in the fifteenth, sixteenth century. I know it was rough but I think of the castles. Exploring the castles would be cool as long as I was gauranteed I wouldn't be put in the dungeon for looking at someone wrong. Or for any other crazy reason.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yep, pyramid construction!

King Solomon's Temple. Christ's Crucifixtion. Pennsylvania experiment. Meet Tesla. Visit Atlantis. See Great Flood (from a boat).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would like to see the birth and crucifixion of Christ assuming that he did live.

I would also like to see who built and how they built stonehenge.

Third I would like to see who committed the Jack the Ripper murders.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ohh.. and don't forget the library of alexandria.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ohh.. and don't forget the library of alexandria.

Excellent Addition!

I was trying to articulate the journey and writing of "Isis Unveiled" by Blavatsky, but I couldn't make it sound right. Library of Alexandria would be much better!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Excellent thread, OP

I think my choices would be

Nukes going off - testing would suffice

The Kennedy murder - from different angles

Dick Cheney in the week before 9/11 - hoping for a slip of the tongue

Dark ages - were they really that brutal

The making of the Mayan calender - did they see an event in 2012 or were they just not bothered to take it further

The evolution from ape to human - I know, not exactly a 10 min show but would still be funny to see where the missing link went

The times they found out that cannbis can be smoked, meat get cooked and the invention of the wheel

Probably so many more things that I can't think of now...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was thinking of future history and my first thought was the impeachment of President Obama.

Going back in time, I'd like to have met Jesus.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I personally would like to see how "they " were created and from what location "they" come from. "They" being the aliens who are hear not in good nature but for their own selfish reasons.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I personally would like to see how "they " were created and from what location "they" come from. "They" being the aliens who are hear not in good nature but for their own selfish reasons.

Speaking of "creation." I wonder if Eve was sexy? And I wonder if Adam got bored with her a year or two in? He didn't have a lot of choices or variety! I guess I'd like to meet those two, and the snake!

I'd like to have been on the Moon Landing!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would like to be there with the native american indians when the boat showed up and give-em a little insider info!

I envy the native americans so much, there culture far out lasted our current one, 10 fold and I would lay big odds that other than cruel ole mother nature and a harsh winter or a drought, they were a whole lot happier than the masses are today!

They had basic comunal living down to an art form and did it for 1000's of years....

Given todays living standards "current $$ for work done in the USA"

I like my odds of hunting, fishing, growing corn, making a gnarly coat/clothing from food fuel, would be much better for me, my family, and the community, the environment... than going to work in a factory for 10-12 hours a day and feelin like crap till almost bedtime and oh damn I need to mow the yard?
I mean c-mon mow the stinkin yard!
NO I want to feed myself my family and help support a common good not pump massive quantities of water out-O da creek to cool the coal plant, that supplies electricity for me to go to work.....

Sit on the creek bank and see clear water not 85 degree green slime algae.....
OOOps got going there ranting ...sorry

Bach to thread be there to meet ole Chris and the spanyards!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would like to witness Holocast, Roosevelt ufo crash, Pearl Harbor, US/Vietnam War, Hiroshima & Nagasaki Nuclear attack..I think that's all.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The life of Christ along with the crucifixion and resurrection to set all the records straight for once....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I woud like to go back 15 minutes and eat that pizza again.

Then I'd sure like to see the battle of Wateroo in real time.

[edit on 22/9/2009 by butch_uk]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The historical event that ends our current system of blatant thievery -
ruled by those attempting to run our lives - filled with lies and fear and self interest.

There is no bigger or more important time than this event -
We have finally been made aware of the depth of corruption and despicable manipulation of body, mind and spirit of the masses -
IT is clear and ours to decide what our lives will be.

Recognizing and claiming ourselves again -
will be the most major event this species will ever see.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
if biblical times are ok, i would like to see the creation of earth by god

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Babylon's golden age, Egypt's first dynasty, Mayans... and sharing some talk with Christ just because i think he was awesome.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

My first choice would be to sit at the table at the last supper and to be close enough to jesus to have looked into his eyes.
My second choice would be to have been Nicoli Teslas lab assistant.
My third choice would be to have been anywhere during a past actual real UFO landing, so I could know for myself they are in fact real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join