It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be very careful what you write on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
cookies that they use to gather members web browsing activities.

That is a lie. No such activity is happening, nor is possible with the cookies we write.

and they'll be a big suck feast

And that is worthy of the warning which you just received. Manners and decorum are required, even when you're upset over artificial perceptions of wrong doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

But what then do your cookies do on my computer? Beside slowing down my computer and making me have to buy software that removes dozens of you cookies from my computer?

What else do your cookies do?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It has already been explained.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

But what then do your cookies do on my computer? Beside slowing down my computer and making me have to buy software that removes dozens of you cookies from my computer?

If I may.

Ccleaner

glarys

Download and use those daily. They'll clean the "crap"up on your PC and should help performance.

Another thing you can try ** AT YOUR OWN RISK ** is checking to see what start ups are running on your PC and what processes are running, some are unecessary and slow down your system.

Heed the warning though, don't take any actions unless you know what you're doing or feel comfortable doing so.

Here's the guidline I used to turn off processes : BlackViper

Again, use at your own risk.

You could always take you PC to a shop and have it "Tweaked and cleaned up" usually under a $100.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not going to win this debate with you. I just want people to know that you claim the rights to whatever people write here, you can wax legal about the nuances of the words you use but you are using whatever people write here anyway you wish. Reprinting, publishing, etc.

Yet you can not ever delete anything a member wishes to have removed from your site? That sounds like a member has no rights to his/her writings on your websites.

What rights does a member have with regards to what they write in your websites?

I want all of the threads I wrote on your website removed because I did not expressively give you permission to reprint my words on other websites, nor did I expressively give my permission to use it in any other format or forum.

Do I have those rights?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I want all of the threads I started (not individual posts) removed from your websites, ALL OF YOUR WEBSITES.

I did not give expressive permission for REPRINTING, EDITING, REFORMATTING or Exclusive rights for republishing my writings.

I want it all removed!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I did not give expressive permission

Yes you did. You did so when you agreed to our terms and conditions at the time you created your account.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I did not give expressive permission

Yes you did. You did so when you agreed to our terms and conditions at the time you created your account.

No I did not. I never saw the terms. I never signed anything. I want all of the thread that I started on all of your website removed immediately.

Just remove all of the threads I started and forget about anything else and I'll go away.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

What has gotten into you Electro?

What precipitated all this?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I never saw the terms.

It's not our fault if you're not paying attention on the intentionally intrusively-designed "Join ATS" page where it's impossible not to notice the terms and conditions that are displayed between the form field for your username, and the "register" button.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why did you remove my signature? Is there something you don't want people to see there?

Why do they keep deleting this from my signature:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why?

Better read it now fellow members, before they change it.

Fellow members, you have absolutely no rights to anything you write in ATS/BTS. Anything you write here can be reformatted, republished on other websites. Yet the owners say they do not claim the rights to what you write.

Does this make sense? Does this sound fair?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I never saw the terms.

It's not our fault if you're not paying attention on the intentionally intrusively-designed "Join ATS" page where it's impossible not to notice the terms and conditions that are displayed between the form field for your username, and the "register" button.

Well, we will see what the internet ethics organization I am writing to says about this.

We'll also see what all of those cookies you load onto my computer really does. I'll be back.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well, we will see what the internet ethics organization I am writing to says about this.

May I humbly suggest that you read their terms and conditions before you submit anything to them.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No I get that that upsets you ... I was really trying to ascertain what led to this seemingly all of a sudden to see if perhaps there is a deeper seeded issue that can be addressed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The owners here are claiming exclusive rights to whatever you write about here,

That is a lie, and a continued lie... even though I've showed you it's not.

It appears as though you're not listening to reason, and refuse to read the very-clear information we make public about your account and your posts... to the point where you're seeming to be attempting "suicide by mod" so that your account is banned.

Very well. Your account is banned.

Good luck with the ethics investigation. There's a very-high probability that I have either consulted with whomever you have contacted, or that they consult with other Internet trade groups in which I'm involved. The point being, ethics is important to us/me, and never taken lightly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Simple....if you want out....

GET YOURSELF BANNED!

I think you just want to cause a fuss really, but bleating about your "niggles" here is going to be pointless.

You gave permission to use your posts when you signed up and for ATS, and if you're leaving, what do you really care anyway.

Good luck with the crusade...wherever you take it next. :shk:

[edit on 22/9/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To the OP:

What is the difference between 'cancelling your membership' and simply not returning to post again?

If you don't want to be on ATS, then don't come back to post. Simple as that.

I never understood the difference between the two.. there *IS* no difference.

And I have YET to see ATS slander ANYONE'S post. If anything, ATS protects your thoughts/ideas/posts and fights to defend your freedom of speech. NOT the other way around.

You don't like it here? Then stop posting. ATS hasn't done anything immoral or illegal..

- Mea

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
To the OP:

What is the difference between 'cancelling your membership' and simply not returning to post again?

If you don't want to be on ATS, then don't come back to post. Simple as that.

I never understood the difference between the two.. there *IS* no difference.

And I have YET to see ATS slander ANYONE'S post. If anything, ATS protects your thoughts/ideas/posts and fights to defend your freedom of speech. NOT the other way around.

You don't like it here? Then stop posting. ATS hasn't done anything immoral or illegal..

- Mea

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Veritas Lux Mea]

Is this to hard to comprehend? If you want to leave then just leave.

You sound like somebody who hates their job, makes it difficult for all those he works with but won't quit and the bosses can't fire him without cause.

Don't come back.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join