It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape evidence shelved? Detroit police handling of sex assault kits troubles Worthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Rape evidence shelved? Detroit police handling of sex assault kits troubles Worthy

www.freep.com

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy wants an independent investigation into what she says may be thousands of kits holding evidence of possible sexual assaults that were found in a Detroit Police Department evidence storage facility.

In a Sept. 8 letter to Police Chief Warren Evans, Worthy said there may be more than 10,000 so-called rape kits and hundreds of other pieces of evidence warehoused, unanalyzed, in a police "overflow property room."

The police crime lab was shut down a year ago
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I find this very troubling, because if Detroit police acts like this then who knows how many other cities handle evidence in this manner.

You know this is not a crazy world we live in contrary to popular belief, criminals make up a very very small percentage of whichever community you live in, the problem is that the same people keep getting arrested, release or set scott free.

That's my opinion however and not necessarily fact.

I read the entire article and seen both sides of the coin, and I still find it very troubling

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join