It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we been infiltrated? Do you like Glenn Beck?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I think it's more of a case of people bashing the messenger and not paying attention to the message they are delivering.

You have to admit, GB is almost solely to thank/blame for Van Jones resigning. Please refute his evidence rather than pick on the personality. If you can't refute the evidence, then what does that mean?

He wouldn't be popular if he wasn't striking a chord with a lot of viewers.

striking a chord with viewers? really? dont recall it being so hard to manipulate the masses before when your podium and bullhorn is one of the largest media conglomerates. take oprah winfrey for instance! shes essentially a virtual dictator, people just living out their lives doing anything she tells them to! i mean my god, do remember how big of a deal it was when she endorsed obama!

listen im not saying that every word that comes out of personalities like olberman or beck are complete lies but its justed twisted truth to manipulate the masses!

i mean these guys are on (and i hate to say it) the same level as the daily or colbert report (though i find more the truth to be more frightening in their comedy routines).

You have to admit, GB is almost solely to thank/blame for Van Jones resigning.

you aren't actually serious are you? im sorry but if that is your honest belief im going to have to end this conversation.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo

striking a chord with viewers? really? dont recall it being so hard to manipulate the masses before when your podium and bullhorn is one of the largest media conglomerates. take oprah winfrey for instance! shes essentially a virtual dictator, people just living out their lives doing anything she tells them to! i mean my god, do remember how big of a deal it was when she endorsed obama!

Like I said, give some critique of his fact finding, rather than focus on the personality.

you aren't actually serious are you? im sorry but if that is your honest belief im going to have to end this conversation.

Then tell me, who did the most to expose Van Jone's views and cause him to resign? Name me the top 3 people who investigated him first?

I'm guessing you will have to end this conversation.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

yep im afraid i will because i already googled it and finding the correct answers weren't that hard
even if it wasn't from alternative media

good day!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

You have a good day....... Thanks for the great facts.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

you know what your claim is humorously comparable to?
its like saying, "kieth olberman is the reason scientology was exposed!"

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't love or hate Beck. Don't watch him often, but do listen to him on the radio. I research what he says and have found, in most cases what he says is correct.

Wouldn't hurt a bit for the Beck haters to actually listen to him once and a while and then do their own research.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Weak comparison, again, name 3 major people who brought about the disclosures on Van Jones that caused him to resign. You make it sound like Glenn Beck's research on him did nothing to make that happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 31-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

weak comparison? you're trying to make a straw man argument and i took it upon myself just point that out. simply by using google you can look up for yourself that your favored t.v. personality had nothing to do with his resignation. if you aren't going to use your eyes you might as well pluck them from your skull and donate them to science so at the least you could help bring the world closer to a cure for sheeples disease.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why did people only start complaining about Glenn Beck when he moved to Fox News? Why didn't people complain when he had a show on CNN? What I've noticed is that few people who claim to hate him have ever spent any time listening to his show and have little idea about his stance on issues. For example, most of his detractors would probably say he loves the Republicans in Congress but, in reality, he wants the bums booted out of office. He talks about many of the subjects brought up on this site and often is the first to break news stories. I'm not a fan but I listen to him on the radio on my way to work and know that, unless you are an Obama devotee, there is no reason to hate him or his message.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

first, i would like to thank you for not taking the time to read the OP statements. second, i absolutely despise obama and just as much as any puppet before him. third, read please.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Again, for the 3rd time, name 3 other people more infuential than Beck for causing Jones to resign.

A simple google news search of the name Van Jones brings up Beck more often than others, I don't see why you are contending he did nothing to help speed Jone's exit.

Of course the person most responsible of Jones' resignation is Jones himself with his own words. It was pretty easy once the dots were connected.

BTW, childish personal attacks and remarks don't win any awards around here. You would do well to just debate the issues.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You have to admit, GB is almost solely to thank/blame for Van Jones resigning. -pavil

childish? no i just get frustrated arguing with the same "Snip" every time i log in.
this is the last time i respond to this silly straw man argument:
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&q=van+jones+resignation&start=0&sa=N
...im really not seeing anything strongly indicating "GB" as being "solely to thank" for the van jones resignation.
..but wait!

Jones resigned from his position as Special Advisor in September 2009, after receiving criticism from conservative groups such as WorldNetDaily and Americans for Prosperity.[40][41] The critics received coverage from Fox News,[42] notably from Fox commentator Glenn Beck, who featured Jones on 14 episodes of his show. -wikipedia

hmm.... have i made it easier for you yet? now hold on just a second im going to attempt to make you understand:

first:
provocateur- a person who provokes trouble, causes dissension, or the like; agitator

second:
shrill- betraying some strong emotion or attitude in an exaggerated amount, as antagonism or defensiveness

third:

fourth:

now what i want you to try and do is add this information in your mind and really think deeply about it if you can so maybe i won't have to go through and break down the entire following video and how this man a long with many others hypnotize their viewers mmmmk. the fourth element isn't as important but should broaden your understanding.

glenn beck ladies and gentlemen:

edit: *link issues* *disable smiley feature inop.*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by GenLo]

[edit on 6-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

I agree it's rather pointless discussing this. You read my quote yet Bold the soley, when you completely miss the "almost" right before it.

I'm not a huge Beck fan, I find his show to be entertaining at times and occassionally informative as well. If Colors of Change hadn't gone after Beck's show, Jones would still be in the Administration. I guess you just don't see it that way.

You have a good day. I have to wash my brain and put it in the dryer so it doesn't wrinkle.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

its for the very fact that you were arrogant enough to use such a word that i point it out as a critical mistake in your statement!

you are making a straw man argument!!!

do i really have to break down the entire glenn beck video for you to get it!? hes manipulating his audience, saying bull# like: "they really must have quite the large file on me" -what a blowhard! what a shrill!!!

he sure is a truth patriot, he sure is a tea party extraordinaire!!! if he were really for the people he would bring up the insurmountable amounts of evidence that point out 9-11 as an inside job!!! but know this! he believes anyone going after that sort of truth is just a nutter!!!

go on back to your herd sheeple! there is no FOX in sheeps clothing!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

I see you dont like to fact check. since u posted this waste of time forum i challenge you, watch a week of glenn beck, then come back and tell me something he said which is a lie. if u can come up with something that he called a fact which in truth is a lie or "scare tactic" ill apologize for doubting you and admit fox is bias

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ok, Beck has repeatedly stated he when after Bush, Libs, Republicans ect...He doesn't have anyones agenda but the Constitution in its purest form.

If all you Beck haters would actually listen to what he is saying, you would see he is promoting a return to our founding fathers intentions for this country.

We are boardering on loosing our freedoms that the Constitution has provided for us. Case in point...Current health care bill, going to prision for not having insurance???

Yep I watch Beck, DVR it and don't miss a show!

Does Beck go after Berry and relate him to communism and marxism, yep. If the shoe fits...

Hey Beck, has that red phone direct to the Whitehouse rung yet??? I haven't seen anyone disprove ANYTHING Beck has stated that he himself hasn't corrected. I've seen plenty ridicule him but Beck himself stated they were going to do that before they even did it. Refer to ACORN handbook on how to ridicule you're opponent when they are right...

Phil

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Are you kidding me? Show me ONE MSM that will go after the 9-11 CT. Saying Beck has no credibility becasue he won't discuss 9-11 is absurd. Nor do I see any MSM really support the natural born citizen issue.

Both issues are credibility loosers and will not be discussed by the MSM.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well it feels great to finally be back with my computer... unfortunately this means I am back in good old McGuire AFB New Jersey...

Ahh more of the willfully ignorant have come and it appears their confidence in the system is at quite high levels guess we need to start with the basics and bring in even more general information that the sheep seem to refuse to acknowledge.

Unfortunately this means repeating myself but instead, this time I will simply take it slow and hopefully these individuals will find the answers through there own research.

Hmm where to start? How about the most obvious:
Its a free media isn't it?

Hopefully this will ignite some synapses.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So, so how many corporations is that? Oh, oh ten? Really its more like eight, but 10 is a nice number.

Whats that nice member's signature, oh that's right, "DENY IGNORANCE!"

The government is overthrown and so is your pathetic media! GET WITH REALITY. The willfully ignorant will not evolve! You're stabbing yourself in the back if you think that anything the boob tube puts out is their intentionally for the betterment of you or society! LET GO! Turn it off and look into the last bastions of a free media via the internet!

I am not going to tell you where to go because someone already pointed out that I must be directing you to focus on an agenda. My ONLY agenda is to get help the masses turn OFF the #ing TV and WAKE UP to the land of the REAL!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join