It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we been infiltrated? Do you like Glenn Beck?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Maybe, if people understood what journalism was supposed to be, it would be easier for them to tell the difference between an actual journalist and a talking head like Glenn Beck

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Sweet! A simple post with a compliment! Between bouncing off of other peoples religious threads and posting my own 'controversial' ones its been a little rough. Glad this is just my first month because its when I am probably going to be putting most of my topics out and possibly getting the most abuse, then I can just go back to reading other peoples threads and watching ATS alternative media and causing trouble that way but with less heat.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
[edit on 22-9-2009 by Ragu23]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Beck is a master manipulator. No. I don't like him. I don't like him at all. He uses people and plays on their emotions and would sell out in an instant. He thinks far too much of himself and is entirely self-absorbed. His arrogance is born out of insecurity.

I am not disagreeing with you, but this describes many people in politics and media. In fact, this might actually be the prerequisite.

I don't think Glenn Beck is a puppet. It is likely he is just being exploited by parties until the fad fades.

He is a fad, and Fox News bagged a money machine. I can't believe CNN let him go.

I think Fox News is the most business savvy cable news network out there. They found their niche.

I will also add that I will actually watch Fox when John Stossel's show starts.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Hi, Glenn Beck is a shill plain, and simple. He is no different than any other trained puppet out there in front of the camera. I don't care which network it is they are all lying, and fulfilling a NWO agenda.

I'm not saying don't watch. The truth is like a burning hot light in a dark theater; it will always shine through. No matter the distortions the truth will shine through.

Now, having said what I think about the ***NWO Media Whores**** I only recommend watching to learn their *****subversion****, and ***tactics***

There are numerous places online that anyone can find the real meat, and potatoes to any story much easier; without the headaches of commercials, or Media Whores lying to Your face; hence basically telling anyone watching they are obviously stupid, as You are tuned in

try online:
www.whatreallyhappened.com
www.atimes.com
www.presstv.com
www.counterpounch.com
www.antiwar.com
www.whatdoesitmean.com
www.blacklistednews.com
www.en.rian.ru
www.jpost.com
www.globalresearch.ca

EDIT: I donno what I screwed up with the links...
just copy, and paste in Your browsers...

In today's World of Psychological Warfare Mainstream Media it really means You've gotta hunt for the truth, and figure it out from the different lies perpetrated, and furthered by the MSM.

Also, I would highly recommend the blogosphere. There are many excellent blogs out there. desertpeace, Washington's blog, atheo news, etc.

The MSM is dying, and fast; this is the reason the Elite have created quasi fake opposition, or friendly opposition like Glen Beck. See the diagram. Without creating agent provocateurs like Beck the MSM probably would already be broke due to their continual lying.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e21c820ec83.gif[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F

[edit on 22-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't care what label you put on Beck he has still disclosed information the rest of the networks are not.

I don't understand why people have such a problem with this.

[edit on 053030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have made it a duty to avoid anything involving Glenn Beck. The guy is the persona of hypocrisy. Remember him crying on television? Nothing really wrong with that if it is sincere, but he later went on the View where Barbara asked him a question and he quickly got defensive about crying, despite Barbara's question having NOTHING to do with him crying on television. She did not even mention it until he did. This, to me, tells me he was ashamed of it, when normally people do not get ashamed about their own sincerity. Also tells me it was a lie as it goes along with his interest in trying to get in touch with his viewers by having the camera zoom in on his eyes in his campaign of sensationalism.

He is a suck-up. He interviewed Penn Jillette, who is a well-known Libertarian, and Glenn claimed he was the same, despite some, if not all, of his views clearly being more right-wing and conservative. During the interview, he seemed to look up to Penn and seem smitten with him as well. Hate to use Bill O'Reilly, but at least Bill says what he wants and is not a suck-up unless Stephen Colbert outsmarts him by making Bill think Stephen is not mocking him.

The dumbest quote I have ever heard Glenn say is "I don't think he hates people, but...I think Obama is a racist." He said with such Oscar-winning nomination talent It is dumb because for one Obama is not a racist obviously, and two, when did racism come with love?

Did you see the chalkboard segments where he, in his anger, spelled oligarchy wrong? On another segment he seemed like he was on drugs or had a sugar high. On his radio show, he flipped out at a woman who was comparing Obama to Hitler or something. While I do think those comparisons are stupid, is there a valid reason to act like a child and scream down someone? It is like when people cheered about Barney Frank insulting the woman who compared Obama's policies to Hitler's. While it was funny, ("it's like talking to furniture" lol), it did not allow him to answer the legitimate question she had, excluding the dumb Hitler comparison.

I remember Glenn reported some news that spoke out against some bigwigs - I do not recall whether it was about 9/11 being an inside job or Wallstreet - but anyway, he later retracted the story.

I personally think he is a corporate tool. He is the worst between Limbaugh and Michael "No, I am not gay" Savage.

But I could be wrong. However, I used to listen to his radio show during my freshman year in college and still, he seems to want to appeal emotions than reason.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I like Glenn Beck. Feel free to put me on your Ignore list.

Enjoy your ObamaSpin Media.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
I have made it a duty to avoid anything involving Glenn Beck. The guy is the persona of hypocrisy. Remember him crying on television? Nothing really wrong with that if it is sincere, but he later went on the View where Barbara asked him a question and he quickly got defensive about crying, despite Barbara's question having NOTHING to do with him crying on television. She did not even mention it until he did. This, to me, tells me he was ashamed of it, when normally people do not get ashamed about their own sincerity. Also tells me it was a lie as it goes along with his interest in trying to get in touch with his viewers by having the camera zoom in on his eyes in his campaign of sensationalism.

I have yet to see you bare your full emotions in front of 5 million people.

And he was defensive because he was attacked on it almost immediately.

He is a suck-up. He interviewed Penn Jillette, who is a well-known Libertarian, and Glenn claimed he was the same, despite some, if not all, of his views clearly being more right-wing and conservative.

There are varying degrees of the political spectrum. Not everything fits into the perfect pegholes.

During the interview, he seemed to look up to Penn and seem smitten with him as well. Hate to use Bill O'Reilly, but at least Bill says what he wants and is not a suck-up unless Stephen Colbert outsmarts him by making Bill think Stephen is not mocking him.

OReilly? Colbert?

Thanks for the laugh.

The dumbest quote I have ever heard Glenn say is "I don't think he hates people, but...I think Obama is a racist." He said with such Oscar-winning nomination talent It is dumb because for one Obama is not a racist obviously, and two, when did racism come with love?

So you can sit on a chair for 20 years listening to racist filled hate speech, but not be affected by it at all?

Riiiiight.

You can always judge a man by the company he holds.

Did you see the chalkboard segments where he, in his anger, spelled oligarchy wrong?

OMG . . . HE MISSPELLED A WORD! SPELLING POLICE, PLEASE COME QUICKLY

On another segment he seemed like he was on drugs or had a sugar high.

He does get way hyper, and he does ave ADD. Nice try with insinuating that he is a druggy though.

On his radio show, he flipped out at a woman who was comparing Obama to Hitler or something.

If you would have heard the whole show, you would have understood why he "flipped." By the way . . . that is not flipping. I know you do not listen to his show. How do I know? I have heard him flip . . . and that is not it. He was simply tired of trying to cut through the BS (similar to how we have to cut through the "you're a racist crap now."

While I do think those comparisons are stupid, is there a valid reason to act like a child and scream down someone?

1.) If the shoe fits . . .

2.) Really? Did he throw himself on the floor and whine about it too? Please read above.

It is like when people cheered about Barney Frank insulting the woman who compared Obama's policies to Hitler's. While it was funny, ("it's like talking to furniture" lol), it did not allow him to answer the legitimate question she had, excluding the dumb Hitler comparison.

Her question had been answered multiple times before . . . ON THE SAME SHOW, JUST MINUTES BEFORE SHE ASKED!

I remember Glenn reported some news that spoke out against some bigwigs - I do not recall whether it was about 9/11 being an inside job or Wallstreet - but anyway, he later retracted the story.

It was on FEMA camps . .

But he told you that is what he thought, and you need to do your own research, and come to your own conclusions . . . as he always does. He specifically says not take his word for it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Maybe, if people understood what journalism was supposed to be, it would be easier for them to tell the difference between an actual journalist and a talking head like Glenn Beck

I started becoming "politically aware" since watching both political party's conventions since 1956 and absolutely so since November 22, 1963, when I saw 2 men in suits carrying a body bag from AF-1 to an awaiting twin rotor helo @ Andrews Air Force Base.

I've watched both televised and print news since 1960 and if you think what you are seeing today is what the old school called "journalism" you need to re-think your thoughts. You're being BS'ed to death by everyone, almost. Brit Hume and Chris Wallace comes to mind as "journalists", old school types. To me, Keith, Charlie, Katy, and "Stephy" just don't make the grade. Riders of the pine.

Journalism today is politically corrected to conform to what the elite wants to disquise or have us believe, and rarely presents an actual truthful representation of an event. What is in print is so political biased, the only place facts can be found are the scores in the sport pages.

In my younger days I watched NBC News and have voted for Hubert Humphrey, George McGovern, Gimma Carter, Ronald Reagan, both Bushes, and the ole war horse McCain.

My ideas and hopes for the people of this country have not changed, but the political ground has shifted under my feet over the last 50 years. The ideals which were firmly Democratic territory has been vacated by the Dem's, for a while, semi-occupied by the Republicans, and now the only spokesmen for my belief's are Ron Paul and Glenn Beck. Who would have imagined we would be in this situation. I couldn't have back in 1963.

As stated in a previous post, I believe Beck is Murdoch's Revenge against what has been going on in the country. I'm sure Murdoch has lost a forture in the economic "theft" by the elite in this country and has turned loose Beck to rally the American people in an attempt to fight back on Murdochs terms. He is not an American but may have the financial, editorial, and political power to take on the elite in this country. Maybe he knows to many the elites secrets. While its is very easy to piss on Murdochs FOX News and his mongoose, Glenn Beck, this may be one of the last few chances to wake up the folks before it is too late.

Don't believe me, how about the name VAN JONES. Heard that on on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, or anywhere else but Fox. No you haven't. But you've heard about it for more than a week on FOX, which is why I believe what I believe and why I watch FOX News.

So for the watchers of the MSM keep watching "the illusion" as I try a gleen a rare nuggest from FOX every now and then.

Every day on the MSM is April 1st. April Fools Day. I must admit FOX may play the same game but it just goes down easier when hearing it from the gang at FOX. I'd rather hear bad news from Megyn Kelly or Julie Banderas.

Just the opinion of an old guy that has kept his eye on the ball.

Flame on, youngin's.....................

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Oldnslo]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
By the way . . . Glenn Beck even says he is not a journalist . . . and does it quite regularly as well.

His intro says

"The Fusion of Entertainment and Enlightenment"

No journalism mentioned. He is not a newsreporter. He just talks about stuff to get you to do your research and ENLIGHTEN yourself . . . while doing it in an entertaining fashion.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by DevilJin

I have yet to see you bare your full emotions in front of 5 million people.

And he was defensive because he was attacked on it almost immediately.

He is a suck-up. He interviewed Penn Jillette, who is a well-known Libertarian, and Glenn claimed he was the same, despite some, if not all, of his views clearly being more right-wing and conservative.

There are varying degrees of the political spectrum. Not everything fits into the perfect pegholes.

During the interview, he seemed to look up to Penn and seem smitten with him as well. Hate to use Bill O'Reilly, but at least Bill says what he wants and is not a suck-up unless Stephen Colbert outsmarts him by making Bill think Stephen is not mocking him.

OReilly? Colbert?

Thanks for the laugh.

So you can sit on a chair for 20 years listening to racist filled hate speech, but not be affected by it at all?

Riiiiight.

You can always judge a man by the company he holds.

Did you see the chalkboard segments where he, in his anger, spelled oligarchy wrong?

OMG . . . HE MISSPELLED A WORD! SPELLING POLICE, PLEASE COME QUICKLY

On another segment he seemed like he was on drugs or had a sugar high.

He does get way hyper, and he does ave ADD. Nice try with insinuating that he is a druggy though.

On his radio show, he flipped out at a woman who was comparing Obama to Hitler or something.

If you would have heard the whole show, you would have understood why he "flipped." By the way . . . that is not flipping. I know you do not listen to his show. How do I know? I have heard him flip . . . and that is not it. He was simply tired of trying to cut through the BS (similar to how we have to cut through the "you're a racist crap now."

While I do think those comparisons are stupid, is there a valid reason to act like a child and scream down someone?

1.) If the shoe fits . . .

2.) Really? Did he throw himself on the floor and whine about it too? Please read above.

It is like when people cheered about Barney Frank insulting the woman who compared Obama's policies to Hitler's. While it was funny, ("it's like talking to furniture" lol), it did not allow him to answer the legitimate question she had, excluding the dumb Hitler comparison.

Her question had been answered multiple times before . . . ON THE SAME SHOW, JUST MINUTES BEFORE SHE ASKED!

It was on FEMA camps . .

But he told you that is what he thought, and you need to do your own research, and come to your own conclusions . . . as he always does. He specifically says not take his word for it.

He was not attack on the View for his crying, therefore there was no reason for him to get defensive when there was nothing to be defensive about. You completely skipped over that part in my comment.

Of course no one is a perfect conservative or liberal or whatever, but if you watch the interview, he completely dismiss his own views for Penn's.

What race-filled speeches are you referring to?

On the spelling - it would kinda make sense to spell the specific you believe the opposition is trying to bring about, wouldn't it? And especially before "5 million people" as you say. Oh, but according to you, spelling is not a necessity.

I never meant he was a druggie. I said he sounded like he was on drugs OR HAD A SUGAR HIGH. I meant he was hyper - that is all.

Amazing how you are cut and pasting half my comments to make your points and to presume more than what is there.

I will not bother refuting the comment in regards to my comment about him acting like a child as you seem to condone it. You are saying that if someone says something dumb, then that gives another person the right to ridicule that person instead of clearing things up.

I would have liked Barney to have answered the question ANYWAY. It is called DEBATING. How about pointing out her claim, then pointing to what the bill actually stated. That is how a debate goes.

The FEMA camps. You told me "that is what thought" - that is not research. That is opinions - learn the difference. There is no actual proof that the FEMA camps are evil or good so it is ALL opinionated.

I never took his word for it. Again stop putting things that are NOT in the comment.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't care what label you put on Beck he has still disclosed information the rest of the networks are not.

I don't understand why people have such a problem with this.

[edit on 053030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Because like any talking head HE IS JUST THERE TO MANIPULATE YOU! Not to actually help you! Its like a scamming used car salesman! Sure he'll tell you about some honest benefits of owning one of his vehicles but he isn't going to tell you if the vehicle has any problems or where he got it from.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I sure will since your just like him in saying things that have no support behind them. I haven't watched t.v in three years, perhaps you should try doing the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Now, I'm no Obama lover either, but I think it's fairly clear that while Bush was president Fox was the least trusted news source on ATS and now that Obama is the president Fox is a reputable news source and Glenn Beck is really fighting for our freedom.

You bring up an excellent point. What is really at work here is full blown PPD or Paranoid Personality Disorder. They cannot stop themselves from being suspicious of and/or rebelling against authority figures. They have likely suffered from such delusions for most of their lives and most are simply unrecoverable. So it really doesn't matter who is holding the reigns of power in DC or anywhere else, they will in no time flat become mired in their delusions with regard to that authority figure. Indeed if one suffering from this form of conspiratorial PPD had their own mother elected POTUS, within a few days or weeks they would be concocting and/or spreading the most insidious lies against her and would feel no shame in that at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Do I watch Glenn Beck? Yep. Selectively. He has several regular guests that I really enjoy like the economics professor from Columbia and Peter Schiff. I also think he's done a fantastic job of getting info on ACORN and the czars out there. But, he is an entertainer first and foremost and out to make a profit. So, take things with a grain of salt when someone has a book to sell.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

That is absolutely the best way to look at it! See my concern was that fellow conspirators were excepting him as an ally when all Glenn beck is, is a handsomely paid salesman who deals a little bit of truth and a lot of disillusionment.

I mean when are people going to get it through there heads!? I mean if they honestly understand the apparently 'profound' knowledge that, the media is controlled by a small handful of corporations, they aren't going to allow someone like Glenn Beck or other personalities blather on about there "radical" ideas of the government. Glenn Beck is just another personality being marketed so sheep like these people will buy it up!

"Well he woke me up." Woke you up to what?! I mean really? Glenn doesn't bring up 9-11 or Monsanto in fact he bashes environmentalists, the list goes on! People being "woken up" by Glenn Beck are only being woken up to what the world elite want. Yes he sprinkles little tid bits of truth but none of it is an answer to help anyone in the long run.

And these morons want to say, "WELL WHY THE # AREN'T YOU MENTIONING KEITH OLBERMAN OR OR JOHN STEWART?" because they're all in the same boat with a few exceptions! John Stewart's Daily Show, do I really need to go into why this is something that isn't going to change any people lives and its just another money making distraction? I haven't seen or heard anyone hold Olberman in such a high regard similar to that which was demonstrated in the video, its as if Beck were some kind of information messiah! This is why I choose Glenn Beck, so many people have him confused as someone on our side, which scared me, because HES NOT!!! If I had heard or seen Olberman harrowed in such a way I would still be afraid! Olberman equally labels 9-11 conspiracy theorists as "nut-jobs".

This is simply a warning not to trust an obviously controlled media, well apparently not obvious enough.

Why the hell are there members of ATS that haven't even heard of the corporation controlled media? I mean are you bloody #in serious? Thought I was joining a social society of like mindedness, I mean if you are going to be a member of a website like this you should at least know the basics.

Perhaps there should be an admittance test??? No, we don't want to be hypocrites.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join