It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyj76

Interesting theory.. as if Israel is trying to make a hole for their invasion forces?

and Iran wouldnt admit Israel got first blood either..

This is getting interesting now..

but Drones don't fly in formation as mentioned above

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was trying to add a reply to their site, but the damn letter code authentication at the bottom of the page keeps looping - preventing me from doing so! Strange. Anywho, here's the comments I was going to paste:

Why is Iranian policy to shoot first and ask questions later? It seems so backwards and savage. Whether the objects were foreign satellites, spy planes, drones or E.T. craft, surely the humane way to investigate would be to send your own fighter/recon craft to examine it and then decide whether to blow the damn thing up. How many more centuries do we have to wait until mankind has evolved to a more normal level of consciousness?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Helmkat

Why is it everyone seems to think Aliens are uber advanced with teleportation and tractor beams and force fields? God..chances are they have tech similar to ours but they have either mastered it or use it differently with their planets different resources. We make mistakes, they make mistakes.

Think of this imagine if this was an ET scouting mission from a pretty near planetary system *cough* Gliese *cough* right now they could be reporting on their MSM "Probe lost on the Blue planet (Technical difficulties to blame) " whilst their government does the same as ours neither confirms or denies.

I don't doubt its possible, however when the dice are rolled (at least as far as ETs are concerned) the odds are pretty low our tech would be getting the job done imho.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Those of you seeking patterns will be delighted to know that exactly 29 years ago today, the Persian Gulf conflict between Iran and Iraq erupted into full-scale war. The Island where today's UFO/Spyplane/Bird was shot down had the world's largest offshore crude oil terminal and the principal sea terminal for Iranian oil (according to wiki). That was all but destroyed during the Iran-Iraq war.

In 1980, the Persian Gulf conflict between Iran and Iraq erupted into full-scale war that lasted nearly eight years.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Rpg's & AK47's? Pure ignorance. Iran has the world's most advanced antiaircraft missiles shipped by Russia . I haven't heard that USA has nothing compared to Sunburns and SS-NX-26 Yakhonts. So, if there's an idea to attack Iran, those missiles must be exhausted first. Maybe the drones were just feeling out the defences.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I knew it I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Muslim's have shot down a alien race here to visit us...
Dang them and there Jihad.

Why oh why aliens did you visit iran?

I am joking btw

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This report comes from Presstv.

We all know they have been caught as many times in out right false statements as the famous hoaxing site "whatdoesitmean".

On the .0001% chance it is not another hoax by them, why has Al-jaz. not reporting on this.

Why has no other news source "any" have anything on this???

I agree with a previous poster that a bright shiny object is clearly not a stealth anything.

I have not read the full article, but wonder what the objects speed were at the time, this might help give a clue as to what they/it is.

Also, this may simply be a false flag event to try to show the world Iran can defend itself. (in the same vain as the unknown test in Israel)

*edited to make clear I am questioning the OP's source and not the op.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

I agree they do not fly in formation. These are autonomous drones. I personally believe that there was just one aircraft that was spotted by multiple sources loitering. They turned the radar on to get an idea of what it was and then it crashed/was shot down/destroyed it's target Iran would then say that it shot something down, to let Israel know that they know what was going on... Just my personal theory.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don,t understand why this thread isn't getting more attention. either way this goes its still a pretty big deal. you know with alien visitors or unmanned vehicles or even iranian propaganda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is my message to the Aliens:

To the Aliens shot down over Iran: Our Bad!

PLEASE Feel FREE to wage war upon ALL the established governments on planet Earth.
We don't like them either, in fact we think they are azzholes!
Please leave enough population on the planet to repropogate and we promise to never have another incident for the next 8,000 years while we rebuild ourselves out of the stone age.

-Thank you,
The people of Earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

So true friend, they are very similiar to cockroaches where you see one another climbs out of the woodworks in seconds.

Easy to spot as they are always off topic and always have post histories that clearly identify why they are on ATS and what they are up too.

Kind of like yours!

The always take an arrogant stance towards people of intelligence and try to defeat common sense and logic through deflection and accusations of racism and paranoia.

Yet logic dictates this 'It is truly not in the Muslim World's interest to attack America', it is in Israel's interest to make it look like Muslims want to attack America.

If you think what happened to Afghanistan and Iraq has the Muslim world anxious to repeat that process in Iran you are mistaken.

Terrorism attacks against the U.S. only hurt Islamic nations and help Israel and the Muslims are smart enough to know that in large part because they don't have to suffer arrogant fools who attempt to make common sense and logic seem anything but.

The thread is about a possible UFO being shot down over Iran, was it a UFO or was it an Israeli or American craft?

That's what the thread is about, using it to hype war and fear of the Islamic Boogie Man is a clear ploy that only serves Israel and no one else least of all Americans.

Americans aren't afraid of what is underneath their beds or need or want to trade away our Constitution and Liberties to be treated like common every day criminals at airports, live in fear, and have the P.C. police come out and try to riducule us for having the common sense and wisdom to know who is best served and who is least served by the Islamic Terrorist Boogeyman.

The best chance America has of not being attacked again and averting World War III is standing up to cockroaches everytime and every place they appear.

Topic is possible UFO shot down over Iran not fear mongering to try to get the U.S.A. to fight another war for Israel.

Thanks.

[edit on 22/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Need more data.

It would be strange to have 3 UAV's together for any purpose. Most of their radar cross sections are pretty small, most are not stealth but their size makes them pretty stealthy. I would think it would be hard to shoot down all three at once. B.S. meter is picking up strong signals.

I think it's PR from Iran, especially coming on the anniversery on the start of the Iran/Iraq War.

If they are UFO's, well then that would suck for the 3 craft.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

only one was shot down fella!

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
for all of you suggesting surveillance drones, global hawk and predator/reaper class drones have anti-reflective coatings... its basic line-of-sight counter measures. they are not shiny by any stretch of the imagination... now the cockpit of a conventional plane is very shiny and that could well be what they saw. i wonder if Iran has object identification platforms like the U.S. because then they would know exactly what it was, they just wouldnt release it to the public

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
When do they plan on going to retrieve the object? This is like a movie, but real. I hope they keep us updated!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Thats if the US didnt beat 'em to it...

I know what you mean it's gripping!

I seriously hope it's an E.T. craft but atm i'm still pointing towards a downed US or Israeli drone that has self destructed.. but who knows?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

ran's state radio says seven people died when an Iranian military plane crashed south of Tehran while it was flying in an air force show.

So this is something different than the crash that killed seven then????

www.earthtimes.org...

Tehran - Iran said it has shot down "unidentified shining objects" over the Gulf in southern Iran, the website of the Press TV network reported Tuesday. The commander of the Revolutionary Guards in the port of Bushehr said after Iranian radar detected three bright objects flying over the Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou, the guards targeted and shot them down.

General Ali Razmjou did not clarify when the objects were detected and shot down.

The general added that the wreckage of the objects has not yet been found.

The incident was not confirmed by the headquarters of the Revolutionary Guards in Tehran and there was no follow-up to the story which was initially reported by the official news agency IRNA.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Easy to spot as they are always off topic and always have post histories that clearly identify why they are on ATS and what they are up too.

Kind of like yours!

How mental are you? And paranoid. Most normal people would look at my posting history and consider it pretty nondescript, but old Kojak here has 'joined the dots'! Brilliant.

That's what the thread is about, using it to hype war and fear of the Islamic Boogie Man is a clear ploy that only serves Israel and no one else least of all Americans.

What about Israeli boogie men, dear?

Why is it every Israeli disninfo agent on ATS keeps using every opportunity to 'warn' us all here in the U.S.A.?

Creepy.

Better look under that bed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That would make sense.

Instead of saying one of their fighters crashed, they say they shot down a ufo.

Also, I don't know for absolute fact, but I highly doubt a drone from US or anyone would be "shiny metal" in appearance.

I would bet drones are painted, like planes, to minimize their view-ability to those being observed from the ground.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Personally i think it may have been an unmanned drone, either US or Israeli.

Let's hope the warmongers don't take this as a threat, because Iran is only protecting it's interests and have a right to be afriad.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join