It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is cryogenics/cryonics a scam??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Cryogenics is getting bigger and bigger, and I am wondering is it a scam?? We will never know because we can’t bring humans back to life yet?? I think it is crap, also because the price of it I think it is around 35,000 for a life time payment (if I read right) here are some sites you can visit, to see what I am talking about.

www.americancryonics.org...

www.benbest.com...

It all seems like a marketing gimmic to me. What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i been thinking about it being a scam too. i dont kno what to make out of it...people do crazy things...since it hasnt work of course

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

The main issue is the cell damage due to ice crystals forming...complete short version, but that's the jest...

And your payment comment is a little off, considering all you have to do is qualify for* and execute a life insurance policy in the carriers name...

Simple stuff man - and look, not everyone goes thru life on a religious crutch...some find other ways to invest in the future...you didn't go down this path, but your comment about it being crap is a little wide open.

Either way - good topic...

*content edit

[edit on 9/21/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Qualify??? You need to pay money??? thats what all the sites are saying. Some you have to pay 155,000 for luxury service some places 25,000?? For what to be frozen?? Id rather give my money to family, friends or charity. Thats just me though

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I would agree that it is a scam, since nobody actually knows how to bring any of these frozen corpses back to life yet. There is a sucker born every minute. God, I love this country.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i have watched a few programmes on this subject.

its quite interesting. At the moment, there is no way of freezing the body 100% perfect, so if we were to get the technology, to bring someone back, then chances are lots of their body tissue would be damaged due to the ice crystals in the freezing process.

therefore, they would maybe lose a few limbs!!!, BUT if we have the technology in the future to even bring someone back, then its almost a sure thing that by then we would be able to grow new limbs etc. (its being done now)

another issue is that most people who are frozen , are frozen before they die, usually at a ripe old age. So if you got brought back in the future, you would probably want to hope they have drugs that can reverese the ageing process too, or you will be like some old hobbling man living in a future time.

also, whos to say there will not be some kind of global disaster or event that could turn off the power to these cryo machines? Is the Cryo company going to keep them running even though their own lives may be at risk?

Google Video Link

.g

[edit on 21-9-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yes. Human cells can not stand such temperatures. They die, and when the person or head is un-thawed, all the cells are damaged beyond repair, they are essentially dead.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Don't know but racism is frozen in time like Walt Disney. =)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It's all based on the idea that consciousness is purely brain function. Very dopey idea.

Oh dear, here come the mechanists...I can here the poor souls now lining up with their Daniel Dennet posters and their lead pipes...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, scientists are just starting to think they can make a brain in 10 years. Given that the people are frozen for 100 years, who cant say it wont work?

new topics

top topics

join