It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Ties to ACORN Date Back Nearly 20 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Obama Ties to ACORN Date Back Nearly 20 Years

www.foxnews.com

President Obama took great pains Sunday to act as if he barely knew about Acorn. In fact, his association goes back almost 20 years. In 1991, he took time off from his law firm to run a voter-registration drive for Project Vote, an Acorn partner that was soon fully absorbed under the Acorn umbrella.

The drive registered 135,000 voters and was considered a major factor in the upset victory of Democrat Carol Moseley Braun over incumbent Democratic Senator Alan Dixon in the 1992 Democratic Senat
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnew s.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Obama's link to ACORN has long been known and recognised. Except by the MSM and Obama himself. He does his best to cover it up.

Obama was one of ACORN's top organizer trainers. Later Obama became one of ACORN's top lawyers pushing liberal legislation like motor voter and legislation forcing banks to lend to less qualified applicants. The latter helped contribute to the banking crisis.

None of this surfaced till the recent ACORN pimpgate. Wonder why?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sounds familiar. He was indoctrinated by Rev. Wright for 20 years, then when the Rev. is exposed for what he is, Obama claimed he barely knew him.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Of course he's trying to distance himself from ACORN - they've been exposed so they are now a liability to his career.

Here's how Obama will eventually throw ACORN under the bus - "That's not the ACORN I used to know!"

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I remember Hillary Clinton, and Sarah Palin and some of the FOX cynics
making fun on Barack Obama being an ACORN community organizer.
They said it was a tiny insignificant thing for him to brag about.

Now all of a sudden the ACORN group is important enough to hit the
Foxnews.com front page for days on end? I don't think any of the
TV or Radio media people would give a hoot about the illicit ACORN
behaviors if President Obama didn't have past ties to the organization.
After all, President Obama himself said that Government wastes billions
of dollars with less-than-honest government contracted entities.

It's amazing how Democratic media hates a Republican President and
how Republican media despises a Democratic President. There are
probably people who make themselves mentally and physically sick
over this stuff!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Keep in mind, given that it's been proven that ACORN was involved in criminal activities, it now makes the allegations of fraudulent voter registrations by ACORN during the 2008 election seem far more plausible, wouldn't you say? Certainly enough to warrant an investigation?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I remember Hillary Clinton, and Sarah Palin and some of the FOX cynics
making fun on Barack Obama being an ACORN community organizer.
They said it was a tiny insignificant thing for him to brag about.

Now all of a sudden the ACORN group is important enough to hit the
Foxnews.com front page for days on end? I don't think any of the
TV or Radio media people would give a hoot about the illicit ACORN
behaviors if President Obama didn't have past ties to the organization.
After all, President Obama himself said that Government wastes billions
of dollars with less-than-honest government contracted entities.

It's amazing how Democratic media hates a Republican President and
how Republican media despises a Democratic President. There are
probably people who make themselves mentally and physically sick
over this stuff!

umm, where have you been? the problems with ACORN and Rev Wright have been talked about for months and months before Obama was even elected

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
CHANGE: Helping young girls and women be respectable prostitutes

Way to go ACORN, we need to make sure these up and coming prostitutes are the best they can be!

(Sarcasm Over)

Unless Obama was in the video helping them becoming prostitutes, he's still lord and savior, but then again, even if that were the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the mass didn't sway to accept prostitution, as to not smudge obama.

Edit to Add: I'm surprised Obama still has ties to anyone, seems everyone he knows, he has had to distance himself from, what a list!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Using acronyms as if they are universally understood or self evident is quite unhelpful.

Of course we all know what NASA is. It's the North Adelaide School of Art...

I mean dang, it took me a whole 40 seconds to find out what ACORN stands for. That's 40 seconds of my life I aint getting back.

Anyhow, I'm off to form the SFTPOTUUOSA...

...(society for the prevention of the unnecessary use of stupid acronyms)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

It's ACORN for the mere meaning that anyone in it is just a nut!

Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now

So any readers know that they are reforming now, young girls and women into prostitutes

Where do you think David Vitter got his prostitutes after the last ring fell through.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
See my two threads I posted WAAAAAY back, but they got absolutely nill as far as traffic here on ATS. People either didnt deem it important or didnt care at the time. NOW all the sudden people are waking up, well I guess thats a good thing, but it just proves to me even more that people need to look a lot deeper at things instead of waiting till all the sudden FOX or some amateur kids with videos exposes things....

Acorn and the PTB

I had another one that i wrote prior to that but for some reason i cant find the thread........odd.....anyway I had two threads on ACORN and Obama, i guess until i find the other this will have to do.

It has some more information on them.

Keep your eyes open peeps

EDIT also S and F for your post bro

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I did a search before I posted and found your thread(s). If it were not for the multiple distractions and general juggling involved in the posting process, I certainly would have included your thread in my submission. It was a good thread. I was glad to see the subject of ACORN had been brought up before.

Here's what happens: I see something in the news about ACORN and Obama, I go to ATS and do a search and see there was a thread back 3 wks ago, nothing lately. I hit the submit button and start typing and pasting. I remember to add the past thread to the post but if I hit the back button to bring up the thread so I can copy the url my post disappears, gone, disparu, poof. Only way to get it back is to bring up ATS again on a 2nd window and do another search. That works but is time consuming on the old computer I happened to be using.

An apologies to all that didn't recognize ACORN as a household acronym. I must define my acronyms better.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

It's ACORN for the mere meaning that anyone in it is just a nut!

Congress is nuts for supporting a corrupt agency like ACORN! It's (perhaps) ok for ACORN to use private funds to conduct its nefarious affairs but the use of public tax dollars in unconscionable! It demonstrates what a bunch of nut cakes we have in both the House and Senate that they keep funding such an obviously corrupt agency.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
On Sunday, Barack Obama played ignorant on the situation with ACORN. Obama told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, “Frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.”

Same song and dance when the truth came out about Rev. Wright. Obama started as a community activist, Acorn is a community activist organisation...but he hasn't followed them that closely and wasn't aware of how much fed funding Acorn recieves.

Hopefully this type of exposure will bring and end to the trend that has been giving more importance to the delivery of the message, instead of the merits and the content in the message.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Obama has been "unaware" of a lot of things. Makes you wonder what he IS aware of and how much he outright lies!

- He was unaware that he was attending a church (for 20 years) with a racist pastor who hates America . - He was unaware that he was family friends with, and started his political career in the living room of, a domestic terrorist. - He was unaware that he had invested in two speculative companies backed by some of his top donors right after taking office in 2005. - He was unaware that his own aunt was living in the US illegally. - He was unaware that his own brother lives on pennies a day in a hut in Kenya . - He was unaware of the AIG bonuses that he and his administration approved and signed into a bill. - He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Commerce was under investigation in a bribery scandal. - He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services was a tax cheat. - He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of the Treasury was a tax cheat. - He was unaware that the man he nominated to be the U.S. Trade Representative was a tax cheat. - He was unaware that the woman he nominated to be his Chief Performance Officer was a tax cheat. - He was unaware that the man he nominated to be #2 at the Environmental Protection Agency was under investigation for mismanaging $25 million in EPA grants.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Now look here, this is not the biggest issue facing America today, so please just drop it and move along, Or I will find a way to sign an executive order that will shut you all up for good.

ACORN was a victim of a racist conspiracy and in time the facts will prove that, until then shut the hell up and register for community service TODAY!

Or else...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Yes sir, right away sir! Thanks for the levity, we were getting entirely too serious, I admit!

ACORN was a victim of a racist conspiracy

I would call it overconfidence and stupidity!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up again. It's funny how the stream if consciousness works around here sometimes. It seems like lots of folks were hammering this connection months before the election but it was just poo poo-ed. Not here on ATS, but everywhere else.

It's good that it's getting some more consideration. Glenn Beck is sort of whacked sometimes, be he had a great show today on connections between Acorn, NEA, The Tide and Obama. It was good stuff.

Makes me wonder how long this stuff can go on. Are politicians getting more corrupt, or are we just seeing it more?

top topics

join