It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we dream???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am wondering the scientific logic behind REM sleep. How does our brain reproduce images in our brain?? So far people say it is the brains natural way of solving problems from the day you were awake, or something like that? But i really want to know how it works??

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Actually, dreaming is nothing more but a really good trip.

Your brain produces a chemical called '___' everynight when you go to bed. Actually your peneal gland does, but whatever.

Anyway, a Google search of '___' will reveal that it is one of the most illegal substances on the planet.

This is what makes you dream. Your brain processes multiple images from memory among other things to put you into a "fantasy" world of sorts.

I for one call it the window to the soul, but that's just me.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
our connection....mmmmmm........

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That is really weird. So basically if you dream, and i think its safe to say we all do, you do drugs every night as defined by the law.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

In a sense, yes!

'___' is the natural bi-product for dreaming, there is ways to extract '___' from such things as grass. People who take '___' literally get a CONSCIOUS DREAM, amazing stuff.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by LightWonder]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ill have to disagree. I have posted on other posts that I have experimented with 5-meo-'___' and '___'. I have lucid dreamed before while dreaming and noticed the textures of the dream world. While I dreamed and noticed the textures it looked like real life accept (at least for me) it was identical but more of a static like manner, almost a non-existence static but you know it’s still there. Things are more distorted but not blown out of proportions. First of all we don’t know if '___' if produced in your brain when you sleep, we know melatonin is but not '___'. Secondly while the '___' experience I was on, it was nothing close to a dream, more like you died, and went to an alternate dimension. I think there is more to dreaming then meets the eye

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Ill have to disagree. I have posted on other posts that I have experimented with 5-meo-'___' and '___'. I have lucid dreamed before while dreaming and noticed the textures of the dream world. While I dreamed and noticed the textures it looked like real life accept (at least for me) it was identical but more of a static like manner, almost a non-existence static but you know it’s still there. Things are more distorted but not blown out of proportions. First of all we don’t know if '___' if produced in your brain when you sleep, we know melatonin is but not '___'. Secondly while the '___' experience I was on, it was nothing close to a dream, more like you died, and went to an alternate dimension. I think there is more to dreaming then meets the eye

Hm i think id agree that an alternate dimension is sort of like a dream although I'm not saying that it is a dream. I to believe dreams hold something special to them something you cant get from a drug or stimulant, mostly because when i dream(almost daily) they always feel clairvoyant of some sort or have a meaning i need to decipher in order to fully interpret whats going on... my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think there may be a little more to it than chemicals.

As a young man, I had the same, identical, most realistic dream time and again.

Each time, I reached a certain place, and each time, I was killed.

Much later, I was on point, and just about to leave a thick tree-covered area and enter an open area when my hair stood up.

This was the place I got killed. Another 12-15 feet, and I would be in the exact spot.

We went around, and to the right, as I KNEW there were machineguns set up off to my left front.

This isn't the first and only time this has happened, and we've all experienced the deja vu.

I've had problems that I really needed to solve, and in my sleep, the solutions would come when I was unable during waking hours.

I feel that there's more to dreams than just a chemical high.

If we could only "direct" them on to preferable subject matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
While the brain uses '___' to dream there is a very distinct difference between a dream and a '___' trip.

A dream is a slighty higher or deeper (depending on how you want to look at it) level of yourself giving you advice using the symbols you have gathered from your experience (of life), and is litteraly talking to you in symbolic sentences.

A '___' trip (those jaw dropping awesome ones) are literally a projection (more like phasing rather than an OBE) into the mental planes which are above the astral planes.

A '___' trip is merely interesting and I don't believe anything there is in anyway near as important or as useful as a dream. Not to say the a '___' experience isn't eye opening and very revealing about your own nature, you just can't come back from it with useful information.

Falling asleep and taking '___' do something specific, it focuses you directly inwards and centrally, what that does is heightens the sensitivity of the receptors inside the pineal gland whihc are the same as your eyes, meaning you see the light that your pineal eye is designed to see which resonates faster than regular light. The light of the mental planes resonates faster than the light of the astral planes, and the astral faster than physical.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am not trying to bring up drug experiences, but since it goes with the topic i am. Plus it was a long time ago, mabey before it got scheduled. I remember though i came back with ALOT of information. Ever heard of ego-death?? Trust me it changes your views on the universe. For me i believed and still do I am connected to every person on here. In a sense so to speak

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
interesting, I have been taking a anti depressant called Venlafaxine for several years, it's not a happy pill but mealy recycles serotonins a function that most people do naturally yet I do not, if I forget to take a tablet before I go to sleep I have very lucid dreams.

About seven months ago I had a dream, I was in a cellar with a feeling of real dread it is very hard to explain, do not get this confused with fear, it was dread, it was like being cut off from everything, but much, much worse and it affected me for several days after.

I used to hold a commercial pilots licence so I like to think that I can judge most things objectively but this really threw me, never experienced it before or since, any suggestions?

new topics

top topics

join