It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie Intro... Hello, all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

I stumbled on ATS through random searches regarding Swine Flu vaccine tests and got sucked in (grins) and have been browsing the site for a couple weeks, now. It is rather large, so please bear with me, I have a lot to catch up on.

A bit about me...

I work w/families in crisis, child/family therapy and at-risk youth. I am mostly involved with 13-18 year old, angry adolescents (and yes, have been known to work a couple Wilderness Therapy [NOT Bootcamp] programs). I am into the outdoors, not a survivalist per se, but can "hang" for extended periods of time w/a backpack and the right gear/food/water/coffee. I believe that the wilderness can have a profound effect on one's perspective... U can't hide from Mother Nature, no?

Anyway, admittedly, I didn't think I would have enough in common to actually join ATS, but some recent threads have been quite interesting, provoking some stimulating thoughts, perspectives, hypothetical situations and some all around good advice for everyday living ... so why not? Here I am... Be gentle...

Lady Skadi

ETA: Smilies aren't working for me... Off to a good start! Uh, never mind. It worked. lol

[edit on 21-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey, welcome!!!
Glad you got sucked in, you'll find this place quite addictive.

No worries about finding enough to fit in, you'll learn stuff and add your experiences, pretty soon you'll be here celebrating an anniversary and wondering how you did without ATS

FWIW, you'll need 20 posts to start a new thread.
If you have any questions, feel free to u2u me

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Welcome, to ats, I discovered it not to long ago and I'm hooked.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Welcome my friend!

It's nice to see some new blood on the forums.

You will find a treasure trove of information here as you might have already realized. Just take your time, its' a great place, filled with wonderful people and conversation.

If you need anything, lemme know, I'll be happy to help.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welcome.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the welcome... Just browsing around wishing I could figure out how to upload an avatar... feelin' nekkid!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Welcome, hope your stay is enlightening.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Least I made the top ten
Welcome stick around a bit.......dare ya! stay a day = never goes away

edit to add www.abovetopsecret.com...
This should help with ya avatar

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Doc Holiday]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Welcome aboard! This site is quite addictive. If you have questions regarding avatars, check out this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the links guys, that helps!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Hello everybody!

I stumbled on ATS through random searches regarding Swine Flu vaccine tests and got sucked in (grins) and have been browsing the site for a couple weeks, now. It is rather large, so please bear with me, I have a lot to catch up on.

A bit about me...

I work w/families in crisis, child/family therapy and at-risk youth. I am mostly involved with 13-18 year old, angry adolescents (and yes, have been known to work a couple Wilderness Therapy [NOT Bootcamp] programs). I am into the outdoors, not a survivalist per se, but can "hang" for extended periods of time w/a backpack and the right gear/food/water/coffee. I believe that the wilderness can have a profound effect on one's perspective... U can't hide from Mother Nature, no?

Anyway, admittedly, I didn't think I would have enough in common to actually join ATS, but some recent threads have been quite interesting, provoking some stimulating thoughts, perspectives, hypothetical situations and some all around good advice for everyday living ... so why not? Here I am... Be gentle...

Lady Skadi

ETA: Smilies aren't working for me... Off to a good start! Uh, never mind. It worked. lol

LadySkadi,

Greets, aleast you are ahead of the curve in already knowing how to survive out in the woods. Now the trick is to learn how to live out in the woods and avoid being spotted by NWO troops, unmanned aircraft and sat imagery.

Orion

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Welcome Lady! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have enjoyed mine! Looking forward to seing some of your posts / threads!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Hi Lady,

A million stars and flags to you for working with kids who just can't cope.

We need more of your sort of people.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Indeed. I haven't even ventured into NWO topics yet, though I am getting the gist of it. I need more time in my day to catch up on this site! Admittedly, I am not prepared for even a lengthy natural disaster, let alone being the target of some grand ideal that I may not agree with. Uh, I'm just trying to get together a 3-day survival pack, I'd be in trouble if I needed any more than that, at present... Eek.

Originally posted by oriondarkwood

LadySkadi,

Greets, aleast you are ahead of the curve in already knowing how to survive out in the woods. Now the trick is to learn how to live out in the woods and avoid being spotted by NWO troops, unmanned aircraft and sat imagery.

Orion

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome! Enjoying my time here so far, and spending way too much time, if I do admit...

Originally posted by The Songwriter
Welcome Lady! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have enjoyed mine! Looking forward to seing some of your posts / threads!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lots of great people out doing the same thing as I am... Kudos to everyone who puts their time into helping the kids/teens, it is sorely needed in many areas.

Originally posted by spellbound

Hi Lady,

A million stars and flags to you for working with kids who just can't cope.

We need more of your sort of people.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Welcome. And big kudos to you for the work you do!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Indeed. I haven't even ventured into NWO topics yet, though I am getting the gist of it. I need more time in my day to catch up on this site! Admittedly, I am not prepared for even a lengthy natural disaster, let alone being the target of some grand ideal that I may not agree with. Uh, I'm just trying to get together a 3-day survival pack, I'd be in trouble if I needed any more than that, at present... Eek.

LadySkadi,

Orion

LadySkadi,

Well aleast knowing you are not prepared is the first step. Alot of people don't even know that. Short term survival is basically a bug out bag with portable rations, fire making equipment, ID, meds, tools, weapons, money and/or metal coins (ie silver, gold, gems).

Long term survival is more of the mindset of knowing how to hunt, loot, horde, defend and attack. Sounds crazy but look at NOLA they went from a functioning city to anarchy is less than 72 hours.

Lastly as far as evading NWO troops, unmanned aircraft and sat imagery they are advanced skills that the basics should be learned by everyone that fears this day will come to pass. My favorite saying other than F**K U is I rather have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If anyone is still reading this intro. I have another "function" question... Didn't want to start a new thread on it. When you want to post a new thread, how do you do it so that it shows up on the board with the word (source) I've noticed it's generally in blue, right before the title?

Example: [source] title of thread... blah, blah

I would like to add this function to Military to get swine flu shots thread of mine... Any help would be much appreciated and thanks for still hanging around!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well aleast knowing you are not prepared is the first step. Alot of people don't even know that. Short term survival is basically a bug out bag with portable rations, fire making equipment, ID, meds, tools, weapons, money and/or metal coins (ie silver, gold, gems).

Long term survival is more of the mindset of knowing how to hunt, loot, horde, defend and attack. Sounds crazy but look at NOLA they went from a functioning city to anarchy is less than 72 hours.

Lastly as far as evading NWO troops, unmanned aircraft and sat imagery they are advanced skills that the basics should be learned by everyone that fears this day will come to pass. My favorite saying other than F**K U is I rather have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it.

#1 - check - already done.

#2 - wouldn't have a clue where to start, any thoughts?

#3 - If it gets that bad, I may have to look for a deserted island somewhere, I hear the Boundary Waters is a good place to consider.

top topics

join