It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia General Says Missile Plan Not Shelved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Russia General Says Missile Plan Not Shelved

www.nytimes.com

ZURICH (Reuters) - Russia's top general said on Monday that plans to deploy missiles in an enclave next to Poland had not been shelved, despite a decision by the United States to rethink plans for missile defence in Europe...

"They (the Americans) have not given up the anti-missile shield; they have replaced it with a sea-based component," Makarov told reporters on a plane from Moscow to Zurich.

The general was accompanying President Dmitry Medvedev on a trip to Switzerland.

It is highly unusual in Russia for two senior officials to contradict each other publicly on a sensitive mat
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.channelnewsasia.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I'm not sure how to look at this story it just seems to add to the news story taht is Russian relations.

First the Russian Cargo goes missing, who knows what was in that and where it was headed. Some guess weapons to Iran but i don't think anyone knows.

Then Netanyahu goes to Russia for a meeting and Russian president says Israel has promised to not attack Iran.

Then US scraps the missile shield and now Russia says US hasn't they have just made it sea based.

Something is definitely afoot.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Looks like the Shag hi Cooperation is using this opportunity to make a fast move

Zbig Brzezinski: Obama Administration Should Tell Israel U.S. Will Attack Israeli Jets if They Try to Attack Iran

blacklistednews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
First the Russian Cargo goes missing, who knows what was in that and where it was headed. Some guess weapons to Iran but i don't think anyone knows.

Illegal and/or secretive shipments of all types of cargo - including weapons - happen all the time.

Then Netanyahu goes to Russia for a meeting and Russian president says Israel has promised to not attack Iran.

Secret and emergency meetings between world leaders happen all the time.

Then US scraps the missile shield and now Russia says US hasn't they have just made it sea based.

One nation claiming they will do something while another claims they are bluffing happens all the time.

Something is definitely afoot.

Lies, cover-ups, and finger pointing is what I see with these three stories. In other words, business as usual.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
But if Makarov is right, then Obama is guilty of perpetuating yet another lie on the American people - a lie of omission is still a lie.

The original reason given for scrapping the missile shield was cost, right? So how much cheaper is a sea-based missile shield alternative? Is it cheaper at all or more expensive?

Yeah, good thing Obama is keeping his word about being transparent during his tenure of office. :shk:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So your take on this whole story is Obama lied.......

Wow..... just..... wow

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
But if Makarov is right, then Obama is guilty of perpetuating yet another lie on the American people

Mentioning he is guilty of lying would only matter if there was even a .000001% chance he would be held accountable for it. The American people have been fed so many lies they prefer it.

Is it cheaper at all or more expensive?

Sea-based missile interceptors are, from what I understand, fully functional, as opposed to land-based ones which are essentially still in the infant stages of development. Sea-based interceptors are also more accurate. Sea-based interceptors are also more useful since they can be moved.

As for cost, I'm not sure. I can't imagine either would be much more expensive than the other. It's the same technology, just on different terrain.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Now equate this to the nuclear arms race.

We get rid of half of hours on an agreement that the other side will do the same . . . but their nuclear weapons are not shelved.

Take a hint people!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydugie
Looks like the Shag hi Cooperation is using this opportunity to make a fast move

Zbig Brzezinski: Obama Administration Should Tell Israel U.S. Will Attack Israeli Jets if They Try to Attack Iran

blacklistednews.com...

I think this would be better said something like this,
Hey----- Israel if you attack Iran you are ON YOUR OWN.
To many American G. I.'s have already died for your arrogance.
And 911 civilians.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

But if Makarov is right, then Obama is guilty of perpetuating yet another lie on the American people - a lie of omission is still a lie.

The original reason given for scrapping the missile shield was cost, right? So how much cheaper is a sea-based missile shield alternative? Is it cheaper at all or more expensive?

Yeah, good thing Obama is keeping his word about being transparent during his tenure of office. :shk:

The ex USSR block missile defense was supposed to cover Iran when it was thought to have less nuclear capability than they do right now.

Yeah----- so the question is--- why continue to be the turn coat --Ugly American?
Lenin and Stalin made their claim to fame, by blowing the bejeezes out of any body and every body for MONEY and power.
Like your avatar, they were both Marxists at the get go.
Something changed. Stalin attacked his partners in crime. Threw Lenin and Trotsky to the dogs.
Putin's dad was very familiar with Stalin.
Medvedev is a virtual unknown. He was a neighbor to Breshnev as I recall.
You may ask donny what the hell are you trying to say? Well, does Obama seem Marxist? Who were his appointees. Where are the friends and families of the Bolsheviks?
Well it is quite simple. Think who or what entity is the most vulnerable in a nuclear exchange in the world today!!!
Russia---no USA---no The EU ----no China ---no The Muslim world ---no. Israel--- No comment at this time.
Does this give a clue as to who is and has been playing the NUKE card?

new topics

top topics

join