It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve rejects request for public review

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

rawstory.com

The institution which creates and oversees America's currency wants to keep a "low profile," according to a published report on Monday, and may willing to dodge the U.S. Treasury in order to do so.

According to Bloomberg News, the Federal Reserve Bank will not submit to a voluntary public study of its internal structure and methods of governance, as it was requested to do so by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.

Geithner is the former New York Federal Reserve Bank chairman. The review he requested is part of President Barack Obama's financial regulatory reforms, which he proposed i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I. Cannot. Believe. This!!!

People of America, I beseech you!!!! Take heart! Your government is showing you the way!! Next time you're on the "wrong side of the law"

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just proves that the ones running this country feel that they are above the law, how arrogant.
Im really looking forward for all the "Burning at the Stake" parties that are comming. grrrrrrrr

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl

People of America, I beseech you!!!! Take heart! Your government is showing you the way!! Next time you're on the "wrong side of the law"

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

You're right. They aren't. And the reason they should consider themselves above the law is.............................?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

rawstory.com

The institution which creates and oversees America's currency wants to keep a "low profile," according to a published report on Monday, and may willing to dodge the U.S. Treasury in order to do so.

According to Bloomberg News, the Federal Reserve Bank will not submit to a voluntary public study of its internal structure and methods of governance, as it was requested to do so by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.

Geithner is the former New York Federal Reserve Bank chairman. The review he requested is part of President Barack Obama's financial regulatory reforms, which he proposed i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Pretty interesting that a former FED chairman is a part of this. Are we to believe he is one of the good guys? Or is this all a game to make it seem like he cares? Or is it something that will be stretched out so long until it's forgotten like most important news do?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yes. I fully realize that they operate above the law. What I don't realize is why EVERYONE isn't crazy pissed off at this!!! This is NOT a difficult concept.

If this particular non-government entity can "flatly refuse" an audit, why, very legally speaking, can't the rest of us????????

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yes. I fully realize that they operate above the law. What I don't realize is why EVERYONE isn't crazy pissed off at this!!! This is NOT a difficult concept.

If this particular non-government entity can "flatly refuse" an audit, why, very legally speaking, can't the rest of us????????

Not saying I am not pissed off about what they have done to this country.

But I think auditing the Fed is going to cause global economic failure, which I believe will shortly lead to war.

Luckily for us all, I think they are going in to overdrive now to avoid it.

I think they will pull a Cheney and just say, 'we're above the law,' and they won't cooperate. But some people are very enraged, and I can see how people might try and form an uprising to overthrow them anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What if Obama vetoes any bill that requires an audit of the federal reserve? What if he sides with the federal reserve?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I can only say that I sincerely hope that this is the tipping point. Let the chips fall where they may. SOMETHING major has got to break in order for things to move forwrd. It's going to happen sooner or later. Might as well be now.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Who gives a fig about "what if..." Obama does anything?? I am saying that every person in the United States should understand clearly that the private company who has the exclusive right to decide what our lives are worth, essentially, has decided that they don't want to be audited. That is the entire point.

Don't you want to say... "i don't want to pay my taxes" and have that be the end of it right then and there???? Or.... "we're divorced and I don't owe you anything" and have it hold up in court JUST BECAUSE YOU SAID IT.

THAT is what I'm talking about. This is a very simple thing. If the masses can't grasp this very simple concept, we are well and truly screwed.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Of course they will deny a "request" , if someone requested that you did something that would incriminate yourself , what would you do?

I wonder if it will be that easy when they are demanded to do so by congress? Government agency or not , they are in american soil.

It is just like a sinking ship, that has no salvation. I bet the captain and the crew are pretty desperate.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Because most of the population still doesn't know or believe that the Fed is not a government institution and just a private bank. Some believe that since the President chooses the head of the Fed that it is a government institution. What they don't understand is that the Fed offers up 2 or 3 choices for the Pres to pick from.
"Here's our choices. Now pick one of the guys we've already chosen."

That's if citizens of this country actually know this much. Very few people read newspapers anymore (read anything, anymore). If you want to do something, I believe your best bet is to make flyers and hand them out on the street. The internet mostly attracts people who are already interested.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Since this subject is actually keeping me awake tonight, I'm thinking that I'm going to see a lawyer this week and find out EXACTLY what it will take to start a class action lawsuit against the Fed.

SOMEBODY has to do it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Mmmmmm... try telling the IRS to go poke their audit where the sun don't shine and see how far that gets you!

Seriously, the idea that Geithner or Obama would actually want the FED audited is just ridiculous and is nothing more than window dressing. A good film to watch, if you have a spare couple of hours, is "America: Freedom to Fascism" by Aaron Russo. I already knew a lot of the stuff before I watched it but it was an eye opener all the same. It's the sort of film that, if it was shown across the country, would likely see every politician tarred and feathered and every IRS building razed to the ground.

No wonder they want to control everything we read and watch!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There are Americans that still think the FED is a government orgnization. You actually think people are going to rise up and demand transparency and auditing? Yeah right! A majority of Americans are so entrenched in their mindless stupor of entertainment and creature comforts they could care less about the big picture surrounding their country. As long as they work like a dog for their measly paychecks that allow themto fuel their materialistic conspicuous consumption why should they care?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Criminals like the New World Order don't like being investigated!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join