It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to Mt. Weather tunnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mt. Weather is common knowledge besides the extent of it's underground operations. The other night someone with extensive military experience from years past (a former Navy Seal) told me he's been there. He informed me of an underground monorail system connecting it with the Pentagon, which was his method only once. On G.E. the crow's fly distance is 47 mi. if I remember correctly. One interesting thing to me was the distance line passed through Dulles Airport. He also said there are monorails from the White House and the Capital Building going to Mt. Weather as well, but he hadn't actually been on them. Not looking for verification as I didn't doubt him for a second as he's someone trustworthy that I know well, just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. Thx.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My cousin Mary Landrieu who is a Senator from Louisiana gave my family and I passes to everything in Washington D.C. . This was before 9-11 so we had passes to the Whitehouse, Pentagon, FBI and Capitol building etc etc. The only underground monorail I know of is under the capitol mall that transports you to the Capitol building itself. It is a pu@sy train that takes 10 minutes to get from point A to B. Now there could be some top secret train system under the capitol, I wouldn't be shocked in anyway by that, but trains leading to Mount Weather is alittle hard to swallow. The President has Marine 1 and Airforce 1 to take him anywhere in an instant. The Whitehouse has a huge underground command bunker in case of an attack where there is no time for movement of high level officials from here to there. But hey, I am a phlebotomist working at a local parish hospital so what the hell do I know accept use of common sense and the interior workings of a dirty hospital. Keep digging my friend, I am right behind you when it comes to learning the truth.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Agreed with the hard to swallow view. Can't say I would've believed it, much less made a thread of it, if it wasn't for the respect I have for the source. I believe him, but this will probably fall under the "all in what you believe" category. I do have one heck of a metal detector though!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rygi23

I can not PERSONALLY confirm the train, but today I spoke with a guy that I'm now working with on a regular basis, and he was telling me stories about crazy # he's seen over the years. He's in his 50's now, and he was telling me about the A/V jobs he had done and some of his time in the military doing special forces crap around the world. The conversation somehow drifted to what's underground in the DC area. We work in DC pretty much everyday, so once he told me one crazy story, I asked him what other stories he had. He basically went on to say that "if people knew what was under DC, they'd freak out". I of course asked why he said that, and he went on to describe the areas he had personally been to. He claims that he rode the train from Mount Weather to the Pentagon, and that the tunnels also go to somewhere in Culpeper, VA, the CIA in Langley, VA and some other places I can't remember. He spent a lot of time doing government contracts with a very high secret clearance. His story about the guy who works for the NSA at Ft. Meade was pretty funny, said the guy hasn't come out in like 6 years or something, is socially inept, fat and weird. I like this guy, his stories are pretty cool, too. I'll see if he says anything else interesting enough to post, well, there is plenty just from today, but I mean related to this particular subject. I know quite a few people (6) who have worked at Mt. Weather, and every single one confirms a very large underground city that is self-sustainable and just like the outside world, more or less. Nobody has confirmed a place for an airplane to land in the mountain, yet, but they have confirmed the large helicopter pad is an elevator that goes underground, very, very slowly. My old boss who worked in there said there is a 3 story building inside, and that he believes there are tunnels that not only lead to the base of the mountain (called portals, according to my friend's uncle who was a plumber there), but tunnels that lead to DC. Basically, everyone who has worked there says you can tell there's more you're not allowed to see. Funny how all the veteran A/V guys out here have the craziest stories about government facilities. Hopefully I'll get to work on some of those contracts, sometime. I did just work in an underground facility for Aerospace next to the NRO. That was interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

DUMB's are all over, (deep underground military bases) all connected??? Terrible things happening??? Working with aliens???? Take your pick those answers.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I have been on the supersonic train under the Pentagon, I can't tell you of all the places it goes. Your article is factual.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LtCollins

I have been on the supersonic train under the Pentagon, I can't tell you of all the places it goes. Your article is factual.

The fastest train peaks at less than 0.5 Mach.

Of course you can't tell us where it goes. You can't provide any evidence either.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have been on the crazy train once,saw Ozzy on it,Sharon didn't look to be in party mode though. Cool story bro.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Providing reliable evidence of something like this on the internet is a good way to have a sudden heart attack or car accident.

Also, he said he can't tell you ALL of the places it goes.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Providing reliable evidence of something like this on the internet is a good way to have a sudden heart attack or car accident.

Also, he said he can't tell you ALL of the places it goes.

OK, so where are the reports of this train routinely breaking the sound barrier? Even the hyperloop isn't going supersonic.

My point is when you make up so BS, put some effort in the process so it isn't so trivial to debunk. For instance, don't claim it is supersonic.

My recollection is the trip to Mt. Weather was a chopper ride.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I was under the impression the Hyperloop is supposed to break Mach 1? Is that not right?

As for the noise....well it's supposed to be deep underground right? Admittedly I am not intimately familiar with the region but my guess is that even under enough earth to maintain silence the train in this thread wouldn't hit that speed until it got beyond the cities general limits.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

They don't call it a barrier for nothing. The tube is low pressure, making the speed of sound higher. But the hyperloop is sub Mach.

The problem with all these supersecret underground fantasy projects is the removal of dirt. No you can't vaporize dirt.

When the built the Green Briar, they lost the dirt by building a golf course at the same time. But even then, there are permits involved, so plenty of people knew of the construction.

If the fecal matter hits the fan, the politicians should be the first to go. By definition, if the system has failed, they are failures.

Trains need maintenance. A secret train system is hard to keep secret.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Take about 30 seconds to consider the logistics involved in excavating a 50-mile tunnel, and you quickly realize it could not be done in secrecy. Too many private landowners to keep on the QT, too much dirt to get rid of, and too much above-ground activity to keep under wraps. Hell, they shut down portions of DC for a year to build a short section of DC Metro (public subway) tunnel, and most of the activity is above ground, around a huge hole filled with dirt and noisy equipment.

There is, however, a little underground tram system that connects the Russel, Dirksen, Rayburn, and Hart senate/house office buildings with the Capitol. I've been on that one; it's open cars, like a carnival ride, and called the Capitol subway. It was begun in 1909.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Who started referring to underground facilities as "DUMBs" Was this originally part of another Lear/Lazar fabrication?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

There is, obviously, a lot of Cold War (and modern) continuity of government related infrastructure in the D. C. /NCR area. Both confirmed and suspected.

And.. a lot of unsubstantiated and often fabricated up ones as well. Like that tunnel..

Most are underground/hardened..but aren't "deep" or bases in the sense the conspiracy theorists suggest.

If you want to research some "real" facilities..

In addition to the M.W.E.O.C. (Mt Weather) which you mentioned-

Look up these- (Thus is only for the DC area.. Lots more out there)

*PEOC

*Treasury Building Tunnel

*White House South Lawn excavation
(also look on Google satellite view for the S.A.M. battery on the EEOB roof next-door )

US naval. observatory bunker (Lots of news articles aboutvthe neighbors complaining about the blasting)

*Ft Reno FAA facility

*Joint emergency evacuation plan

AJCC Site R and site RT (Aka Raven Rock)

*Capitol Visitor Center SCIF- Congress

*Federal Support Facility, Olney MD

*Mt Pony Federal Reserve (No longer active but a cool place)

*Vint Hill Farms

*Project Greek Isle- The Greenbriar bunker

*WMATA Pentagon stub tunnels

*AT&T Project offices

Camp David "orange swimming pool"

*Autovon hardened facilities

*PEFs - Cartwheel (FAA facility above), Crown/ White House, Crystal (2 facilities at Mt Weather), Cactus (at Camp David) Cowpuncher, Cadre and Creed (at Raven Rock/Site R) and Cowpuncher.

*CIA GSA Springfield, VA (Look for news stories)

Warrenton training center "stations"

And.. The facility located at 1000 OHIO Ave SW in DC between the yellow line subway portal and the Capitol police headquarters. Navy spent a dozen years excavating. Note position relative to the WH, Pentagon, and the city's stormwater tunneling project. (Google Lady Bird tunnel machine)

After perusing the last one- look up "D.U.C.C. joint chiefs memo"

Enjoy...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It’s only logical that some sort of underground transport
exists under DC. Think of the incredible facilities that have been built far from DC.
Cheyenne Mountain
Panama Canal
Earthquake proof skyscrapers and bridges

So miles of tunnel under DC is a laughably obvious
necessity. There are likely rail tunnels from the WH
to the Pentagon, Capital Building and the Naval Observatory. But the existence of tunnels to Mt. Weather and/or Andrews AFB are debatable. I’m betting against Andrews because of obvious security and necessity issues.

Mount Weather on the other hand is quite possible. Dulles is probably a stop on the way. There are also likely other tunnels from Mount Weather leading to secondary sites in case it takes a direct nuke hit. These tunnels would be be smaller and traversed by electric vehicles as opposed to trains. With Mount Weather as a central node to a network of linked secondary bunkers, that have a dedicated boring machine within its confines. This of course precludes the need for other obvious above ground entrances. It’s much easier to hide antennas, dishes and water sources. You could even tap into underground geothermal activity for energy needs, like Los Alamos does.

Haven’t heard anything about this, but there must be huge underground storage facilities for natural resource needs. A more secret petroleum facility. Water, minerals, seeds, livestock. All protected from nuclear fallout or some other disaster. You can’t continue the government if there is no viable life left to govern. Life must be the primary totem or protocol of protection. All this would have to be self sustaining and separated.

The Reagan Administration spent untold amounts of money searching for GOD, I’m sure there wouldn’t be much fuss to build a few tunnels and facilities underground and unknown. We only know about the entrances to the secret underground.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I spent years doing (armed) stuff for the Pentagon's Real Estate and Facilities directorate (OSD/WHS RE&F). I have been over every inch of the Pentagon. One cute factoid about the Pentagon is because it's basements are both underground, and next to a major river, flooding is not unusual. The outer walls were sealed against moisture back in the 1940s. Time works wonders and today the walls are sealed, not so much LoL. I have also seen panicked evacuations there when water pipes broke. Sure there is a DC Metro stop alongside the Pentagon, but no Secret subway stop inside the building. That doesn't rule out something nearby of course. I remember seeing lots of strange digging going on up near Pentagon Village (including a time a bulldozer rolled over and no one was willing to explain where the hole the bulldozer driving had been working was).
If I imagine a subway hub there, I would still have problems conceptualizing it extending to Mt. Weather because that mountain is a Karst topography area, i.e., fractured limestone rock. The Bureau of Mines used Mt. Weather as a test bed, but found it unsafe and abandoned it way back in 1933.
That being said, I know the subwaystop for the DC Metro at Dulles Airport was put in years and years before the budget to do so was approved. I knew construction folks workign on it. They weren't supposed to talk about it because 'the budget to build it hand't been approved by the DC Council of Governments yet. Pentagon Village was built the same way with 'black funds'. Then years later when the Metro budget to build a subway stop at Dulles was approved, a subway stop was built agian? I suspect someone lied to the construction workers about what kind of subway stop they were building the first time.

I have been inside several of the sites CrownCartWheelCreed mentions (noting he missed a few of the interesting ones) including Mt. Weather (did you know there is a souvenir shop at almost all of the 'whispered about' government sites? Those qualifying for access can buy coffee cups, windbreakers, embroidered sweaters, embossed stationary and other cool souvenirs to show their grand kids in 50 years when the security classification expires. LoL I can't get the upload image thing to work for me or I would upload some of my coffee cup collection.

The Federal Preparedness Agency (FPA) got Continuity of Government (COG, but not to be confused with the DC COG mentioned above) responsibility back in the mid 70s and that became FEMA back in 1979. Between WW2 and then something like 400 Secret sites had been built. Many were declared obsolete and closed. Some were renovated and assigned a letter code (such as Site R (Ravens Rock, PA). Some new ones were started too. More after 9/11. Hiding dirt isn't that hard anymore. Put up a large tilt up bldg and back the trucks inside. Put the dirt in and the 'delivery' trucks roll away and no one knows those containers hold bins of dirt not bottles of Pepsi or IKEA furniture. The real issue is heat signature and satellite observations. Even if there is no satellite scheduled for an hour or two, some orbiting Cosmonaut may be watching. Yous tart getting into the whole spy vs spy game when you try to hide a big dig. Teams scouring the ground for 'tennis balls' conducting surveillance, hidden cameras capturing vehicle plates, etc. Okay, whatever.
Site R's official site whitehouse.gov1.info... mentions a subway and a project DIDLAS. No where else have I found references to DIDLAS. Supposeldy running from the N of Gettysburg area to Ft. Meade, then to the Pentagon. That would make it one of the longest tunnels on Earth (if not the longest). Such a tunnel would need ventilation systems (good ones capable of clearing out the smoke of a fire), emergency exits not invasible by hostile forces, earthquake resistance (remember 2012), defenses against breaches by hostiles, a f;pp contingency plan, an ability to deliver medical assistance promptly to any point of the subway tunnel, etc. Rather than an open excavation the building would probably involve a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) running maybe 75 feet (or more) below the surface. The whereabouts of the 10 or existing TBMs is known. None of them are near Site R. Noting also they have big fuel fed engines on them, so Carbon Monoxide and ventilation becomes an issue from day 1. Rather than subway all the way, it is probably a lot cheaper to run a hybrid line that uses a subway part of the way, but the rest of it runs on a= civilian MARC or Amtrak line. But that arrangement lacks survivability in the event of an attack on known transit systems. Is DIDLAS a false flag plant by the White House? Maybe.
I know that tunnels without maintenance tend to crumble. Anyone who has walked through disused NYC subway tunnels (such as the old 4b line to the Polo Grounds running under the Highbridge neighborhood in the Bronx) knows the roof spalls and sinkholes open. When the USSR collapsed maintenance funding to Mt Weather (and many other places) was cut. Then came 911. White House officials grabbed their DVDs of critical data and scurried to Mt. Weather (and other places) only to find ancient 486 PCs running Windows 3.1 and 95 with no DVD readers. Also ceilings had collapsed, the walls were damp and moldy too. Much renovation was needed. That was 19 years ago. Time to budget to do it again, but no one is. A subway? When was the last time the tracks or cars were safety inspected and maintained? LoL. Hope you like walking in dark tunnels for 60+ miles. Whose basement does that Emergency Exit (if they thought to put one in) come up in? How long does a flash light battery have to last to walk 30 miles to the nearest exit? Walking in the dark in hopes of finding an exit the Secretary asks his body guard, did you just here something growl? LoL

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Also regarding Vint Hill. I was one of the inspectors during the hand over to local government. We removed a lot of stuff, but left whole facilities like the machine shops by the towers full of Bridgeports and the base clinic intact (later remembering the X Ray machines and coming back for those) intact. Child's drawings on the walls of the base housing areas, tricycles abandoned in yards, refrigerators full of rotting food, half written reports on the desk of the base MP HQ, a Hummer on blocks at the Motor Pool, etc. Everyone get out. Right NOW! Wedding announcements still up at the base chapel, etc. Very surreal. But one place got special attention. A very large underground C3I bunker not far from the power plant. It depended on who you talked to about it. One team claimed the lower level held some stuff taken from a UFO for study. Another team said all the walls contained asbestos (every single structure on the base did (so what was special about the bunker?) and lead paint too. A third team just said there was some Top Secret cryptographic equipment too bulky and cost inefficient to remove. A decision was made. To 'protect' the community from the hazard of the underground asbestos' armed guards were placed at the entrances to keep folks out and concrete pump trucks were brought up and for the next 3 or 4 days & nights a steady stream of concrete trucks dropped off watery 8" - 10" slump loads to be pumped into the underground structure entrances and down the many air vents until the whole place was completely full. Then the above ground tell tales were bull dozed away. What was really down there I (and you) will never really know.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: supercwhitehouse.gov1.info... is a parody website

top topics

join