It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate failure could end in war: expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Climate failure could end in war: expert

news.ninemsn.com.au

If the world fails to reach agreement on tackling climate change soon then it could end in war, climate scientist Tim Flannery has warned.

Like many others, he's concerned at a lack of progress ahead of a crucial UN climate summit in Copenhagen in December.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is the real agenda. They use their "experts" corporate media to plant the seeds in the sheeples minds. I think we will hear more and more about this - war! They will convince the world that we MUST have a war to "save" the planet.

My blood boils when I read nonsense like this. These so-called experts should stay out of the media instead of fear mongering.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is what I hate about this new global warming denial trend. Of course we have environmental problems... but just because the elites who believe in climate change problems want more oppressions of our freedoms doesn't mean that everyone that believes in it does.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They must be losing ground in this debate. "Hurry we need to do some damage control! What can we do to obfuscate and ensure a return on our investments ? I know! Tell the sheeple that if it doesn't pass there will be a war! Yeah that's the ticket!" They are getting desperate, and in danger of losing all that money they have pumped into this sham.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Would the war be between people trying to make a buck and the intelligent people just beating the living crap out of the people that spout this nonsense non-stop?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh great!
Don't they know we are on to them?
Their War will only dump a whole lot more CO2 into their air.
Much more than we ever could in our normal everyday lives.

What a farce!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A war for resources (water, oil, gas, unflooded land) because climate change has exacerbated dwindling supplies.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
WE AL KNOW ITS COMMING---JUST HOW FAST IS THE QUESTION
BEING A CARPENTER IN N-WISCONSIN WE ARE OUTSIDE DAILY-BUILDING LAKE HOMES FOR THE BETTER-OFF RETIRED CITY FOLK-----WE WERE BUILDING ONE FOR A RETIRED AIR FORCE GUY----WHEN WE ASKED HIM ABOUT THE CHEM TRAILS OVER THE BIG LAKE THAT WE JUST STARTED NOTICING--[I4 YEARS AGO] SEMMED STRANGE TO US SINCE OUR SKIES ARE PLANE FREE MOSTLY UP HERE--------------
HIS ANSWER WAS HE DIDNT KNOW BUT HE SAID THEY WERE NOT NORMAL----------AND NOW WE ALL KNOW THAT THE [GOV] HAS BEEN SPRAYING DIMMING AND CLOWD SEEDING CHEMICALS SEEN DAILY NOW HERE IN THE N-WOODS, WE MUST ASK IS THE SPRAYING WORKING---WHY HAS SPRAYING INTENSIFIED----WHY A CLOWDY JULY AND AUGUST----WHY ALL THE HAZE----GET THE POINT ALL THE DOUGHTERS?????LOOK UP IN THE SKIES AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF-----
THEY WOULDNT BE SPRAYING IF GLOBAL WARMING WASNT REAL--

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

OH #! WAR? NO WAY!

QUICK LETS DO SOMETHING ILLOGICAL AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYONE ON EARTH SO THAT A FEW RICH GUYS CAN BENEFIT!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In the 70's it was the coming global ice age caused by smog particulates blocking the sun (
) then it turned to global warming ironically the result of catalytic converters that do a good job of turning hydrocarbons and such into ... "CO2" ... and now no one seems to agree on which way it's going, just that the environment is changing. Who was it that said something to the effect of "The only thing you can count on is change"?

I posted elsewhere the infamous "hockey stick" of Gore fame and a graph depicting world population growth. Oddly they sync up rather nicely but they can't blame it on people- that'd mean they have to cut the population
so instead change what people do and how they do it. People can point out that the trees on the edge of Central Park, NY, grow faster and appear healthier than the trees in the center. People can point out that CO2 levels in the atmosphere have reached the level where additional gasses won't increase the effect. People can point out that temperatures have become more moderate- don't swing as low, nor as high as they used to. Doesn't matter.

Reagan had voodoo economics. We have voodoo environmentalist policies.

[edit on 9/21/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
abecedarian has summed it up quite well, the global warming camp is starting to lose momentum, what better way to try and get it rolling again than scaremonger people with a threat of war if climate change is not tackled?

Rediculous, since everyone knows ww3 will happen in the next decade. So why be scared of war over climate, when we will get world war anyway? Those who cannot or will not accept this fact, do us a favour and re-bury your head in the sand untill that day is on you, then you no longer can hide behind ignorance and will have to choose a side or just kill yourself.

Climate issues are something ignorant fools will jump onboard and believe everything they are fed. too bad you have little brain cells to research the history and facts for yourself. But not to worry, there will be some over paid goverment lacky, expert only on crap spewing and fear mongering, all too willing to fill in the blanks for you guys.

Climate change has been de-bunked by so many experts (true experts, not over paid mouth pieces), yet the de-bunkers of the de-bunkers always seem to use the same old pathetic argument or just turn to tarbrushing anyone with real expertise as a conspiracy nut job.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Originally posted by king9072
reply to post by WorldObserver

OH #! WAR? NO WAY!

QUICK LETS DO SOMETHING ILLOGICAL AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYONE ON EARTH SO THAT A FEW RICH GUYS CAN BENEFIT!

When has any war been logical? This is just an excuse. People wont accept war over oil anymore, and we don't really have any credible bogey men left, so the next best thing is something most people care about - the planet!

Between FEMA sponsored "immunisation" death camps, and shield banging over climate change to bring on WWIII I really think it is time to bug out and head to the hills, bunker down and stick my head out once the dust has settled...truely, I have had a gut full of these NWO a-holes...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The problem is forcing the global warming agenda on other countries could also cause war.

Countries like China and India would believe that the PTB are trying to take control of there country and limit the industry to turn then into a third world countries again.
And both have nuclear weapons to protect themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Originally posted by ANNED
Countries like China and India would believe that the PTB are trying to take control of there country and limit the industry to turn then into a third world countries again.
And both have nuclear weapons to protect themselves.

so do you really think that instead of being a 3rd world country they would rather be one big car park - a wasteland?? Because that would be the outcome if they initiated a nuclear strike.

new topics

top topics

join