It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just like to share this bit of game news that i found.
The game takes place in a world of secret societies.
I dont know much about this game yet but here are some things that i have found.

Funcom has revealed the first details of how player factions - or rather, secret societies - will work in its forthcoming modern-day MMO, The Secret World.

Players will start as members of the ancient Dragon, Illuminati or Templar societies in the starting cities of Seoul, New York and London respectively. The Dragons are shadowy political manipulators; the Illuminati is a decadent, greedy organisation stuffed with celebrities and power-brokers; the Templars are military and religious zealots.

www.eurogamer.net...

[edit on 21-9-2009 by jaamaan]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

The Game looks bad Ass

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The secret societies are factions that players can join. United by a common goal to battle evil, they are nonetheless in conflict with each other in the pursuit of power. In the player-vs-player aspect of the game, they will compete with each other for resources, territory and world domination.

(snip)

The Templars stand on the far right of the political spectrum, morally incorruptible and uncompromising in their fight against evil.

(snip)

At the opposite end are the Illuminati. Ambitious and ruthless, they use blackmail, treason and deceit as weapons in their bid for more power.

(snip)

The Dragons are, as Ragnar puts it, the wildcard. It's a little hard to pin down their nature because they are the gray to the Templars' white and the Illuminati's black. They believe in the teachings of Sun Tzu's Art of War, their chief characteristic is patience, and they use deception in order to pit their opponents against each other.

pc.ign.com...

I just wanted to post this here as a form of light entertainment between all those more dark discussions.
The only thing i miss in this game is a conspiracy nut kind of faction, the members that take part in these fiery discussions could than take on one and other trowing human skulls and applying their satanist black magic spells on their opponents.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Looks fun!

What platforms is this going to be released on?

I have found any games I like since GTA3 and Fallout 3, my PS3 has dust on it

Edit: Checked out the IGN link, I've been waiting for an MMO that appeals to me, tired of Warcrap... I bought AO the day it came out and quit due to all the bugs (supposedly it's a lot better now)

This needs to hurry up and come out!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

The 2nd trailer mentions PS3 and 360. I've been thinking about buying a new game lately, Need for Speed, Modern Warfare 2 or wait it out for this Gem. f-it I'm buying all three. Winters coming on fast up here in the far north.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
woa theyr are going to mindcontrol me with this game,soo cool,like the answer to my gameneeds

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Templar all the way! Call it personal bias but I cannot help but to favor the knights templar. Or the freemasons but they aren't in there. Who will save the widow's son?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i was just invited to take the test for this new game to see which secret society i am best fit for.
some of the questions i did not believe to be true, but the test was fun either way.
so follow the link, take the test, and share which society you are best fit for!!

www.darkdaysarecoming.com...

i was told i was best fit for the Templar.
they also give you the choice to chose which one you would like to be regardless of the test. also allows you to sign up for an upcoming beta key to test the new game when it enters beta testing.

enjoy!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah this looks freaking awesome!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Aww so i belong to the Dragon!!!!! lol

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ldkwraith

i picked dragon after reading the descriptions, but i was told i was best suited for the templars

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

I got Templar as well!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Templar here as well.. MMORPG.com posts it's due out this year.. gonna be a slug out btwn this one and Obilivion MMO (coming out on 11.11.11
)

wow..~!!
just checked out this trailer.. ~!! Now wouldn't be SUPER cool if we could get the members of ATS in ONE guild in this game..

that would be WAY cool .. IMO.. any ways.. here's the Trailer.. enjoy ..is everything true.. ?
)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've been part of the game forum and a Dragon cabal for 2 years. I am anxiously awaiting its release. It is going to be so kick butt! Ragnar Tornquist is a genius when it comes to storyline. He also is also responsile for the Dreamfall series.

The fact that its based on conspiracy and secret societies is a bonus.

They say it'll be on pc and xbox 360, but I'm guessing just pc to begin with. If you are into MMO's I enourage you to check it out.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tk2dsky
I've been part of the game forum and a Dragon cabal for 2 years. I am anxiously awaiting its release. It is going to be so kick butt! Ragnar Tornquist is a genius when it comes to storyline. He also is also responsile for the Dreamfall series.

The fact that its based on conspiracy and secret societies is a bonus.

They say it'll be on pc and xbox 360, but I'm guessing just pc to begin with. If you are into MMO's I enourage you to check it out.

Definitely into MMOs but, SO tired of the grinding to get anywhere; this is why I really like this concept of no lvl's or classes. but just societies which have different weapons/tactics to accomplish a mission. It's like the real world on steroids ;D It's good to be human again
)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Two things , sign me up and how long do I need to wait ?

Oh , one other thing , want to start an ATS guild ?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dude, what is this???? How is it that I've never heard of this game???

This looks so cool!! Is there an ATS guild in regards to this game?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think who ever created this game is trying to tell us something.......seriously....and ...this is a very clever way to tell.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Friend or foe?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This game looks like it will be really really fun to play, but I have one question - is there any possible way to still sign up for the beta? I'm not seeing anything for it on their website

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join