It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Alignment of Ancient Sites of the World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i stumbled across the alaskian bermuda triangle which crosses southeastern alaska adventure.howstuffworks.com... which, imo, comes into play w/ufo sitings.

thanks Scott Creighton for the link to the official graham hancock site.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
what does it matter whether these bloody things were coincidence or not if we don't figure out what it means, what THEY were trying to tell us!

Like is it just me or have we collectively gone 'hey a new mushroom!' then spent the next 20 years arguing over if its a mushroom or not, if its new or not, instead of actually eating the fckn thing & seeing what it does.

can anyone else see we're watching the frying pan while the eggs are burning?

Like the ancient greeks had diff scale/mode/tuning (in music) for ea planetary body, ea planetary body relates to a certain time of year, weather & other earthbound aspects, egypt and sumerian instruments are tuned 432hz (tuning of our sun, dimensions of sun pyramid...) rather than 440hz (tuning of earth+moon) right!! so these ye olde chumps knew all about harmonic alignment & resonance, we modern idiots somehow don't know about this, I blame joseph Goebbels & whoever else was responcible for the 440Hz standard in the 40's-50's...

anyway my point is, everyone's like oh gee wow, alignment & blah, but theres sooooooo much more to it. It tell us all about the universe & how to exist within it/create it.

whether they were simply putting their knowledge into practice, or whether they intergrated cryptic messages for future generations into their works deliberately, is another interesting question, albeit somewhat insignificant as either way, the info to be interpreted is indeed cryptic.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 5/10/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

What are 'they' trying to tell us?

Nothing actually. These sites were made thousands of years apart by people with very different levels of technology and cultures.

They however do have one thing in common, they sorta line up on a line. Why far more important sites were left off? We don't know I haven't seen a criteria to how the creator of the line decided to draw the line where he did - probably he picked those items that....lined up

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
reply to post by merka

and it's just by coincidence that the Giza Pyramids, the Siwa Oasis, the Pyramids of Paratoari, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines, Easter Island, the Preah Vihear Temple, The Ancient Ruins Of Sukhothai Thailand, Pyay ruins in Burma, Khajuraho, Mohenjo Daro, Persepolis, Ur (ancient Mesopotamia), Petra

are ALL within .1 of a degree latitude? How is that cherry picking? They're there, they line up, something is up.

Giza Pyramids : 29.58.33N 31.07.38E
Siwa Oasis: 29.11.53N 25.30.40
Pyramids of Paratoari
Easter Island : 27.06.56N 109.21.52E
Nazca Lines: 14.41.51N 75.07.35E
Preah Vihear 14.23.46N 104.40.48E

Just going through some of what you reported, and they're not with .1 of a degree latitude at all!
Not done the rest as it now seems irrelevant, but have a play with Google Earth and you'll see that they're not.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I find it interesting, but while there are plenty of things to name on that line, there are plenty of things to name that aren't on that line either. That are equal in probability of outsider influence. Still, neat.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by B.Morrison

What are 'they' trying to tell us?

Nothing actually. These sites were made thousands of years apart by people with very different levels of technology and cultures.

They however do have one thing in common, they sorta line up on a line. Why far more important sites were left off? We don't know I haven't seen a criteria to how the creator of the line decided to draw the line where he did - probably he picked those items that....lined up

you don't understand, I'm not basing my argument on the information presented in this thread, this thread simply relates to my research.

my research revolves around harmonics & resonance.

these 2 things are found throughout history in all cultures & times, and the study reveals that ALL these different civilisations knew things about the application of sound & energy waves/fields that we do not.

point is, it is irrelevant whether these sites align or not, likewise irrelevant if the people lived 1000's of years apart, the musical tunings & resonant chambers/rooms are found whether studying ancient peruvian or ancient egyptian cuture....etc...

so thats what i was actually on about...

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

Interesting research.

I also noticed that the line runs through central Java Indonesia near Yogyakarta, where Borobudur is located. Borobudur is an ancient Buddhist stupa and temple complex in central Java.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's cherry picking because your only including *those* particular ancient sites. There are many more that *do not* fit within that circle. Nor were any of those sites built around the same time, so unless those ancient people had temporal communication crystal skulls, there is no way they could have communicated across time in order to build those particular sites that you particularly picked for some grand mystical purpose. It's called using your head.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This theory may support the idea that atlantis was antartica which is another thread on ATS

[edit on 13-1-2010 by TheNewKid]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

ATSIS Members are easy to spot, they're the one's who will tell you that you just don't get it while professing a "truth" without showing the work.

Gee thanks for the info.! Looks like you did the same thing. What "many many" sites can you name? And maybe they were built on the lines for a purpose... thats why the times were spread out, the purpose is the same but the time of the building wasn't. But I guess a simple: YOU"RE WRONG! AND ALSO IGNORANT OF THAT FACT! would suffice.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If we assume that the "ancient astronauts" theory is true, than the locations of these ancient sites are quite explainable from the orbital mechanics point of view, because polar latitudes are not suitable for space launches.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I recently (last November) visited the very tiny island of Aneityum aka Anatom in Vanuatu. It has a population of about 500 people or so with no real tourist accomodations to speak of and requires a small aircraft landing on a dirt airstrip (which only occurs once a week). It is however, unspeakable beautiful.

So of course I was extremely surprised to see it mentioned in this thread as an important location. When leaving the island on a small aircraft travelling to the island of Aniwa I saw something I have never seen before. There was a line in the ocean extending perhaps a 100+ miles in each direction that was more or less straight.

I have no idea what caused it and had my camera handy so I took a few pics. Perhaps it is associated with lines of increased earth energies?

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=107321

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=107322

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=107321

Any ideas of what this is other than convergence of ocean currents would be appreciated. After researching the ocean currents there, it's trend doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1truth

Not ocean currents. Air currents.
That is a shear line, a place were two different wind directions meet.
I'm sorry I can't find any images of it but as a boater and a hang glider pilot I can tell you I have seen it on many occasions.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65
If you expand the circle into a grid:

www.vortexmaps.com...

WOW!

You know what that grid looks like? (Besides a soccer ball?)

It does look like a soccer ball, and so does the hypothetical edge of the universe.

Now a new study of astronomical data only recently available hints at a possible answer: The universe is finite and bears a rough resemblance to a soccer ball or, more accurately, a dodecahedron, a 12-sided volume bounded by pentagons.

National Geographic Article

From Atoms to Earths to Solar Systems to Galaxies to Universes the main structure pattern is similar if not identical. Now that is some coincidence!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
interesting info on alignments - a whole system!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I guess my question here is why are the monuments so far off in the alignment? I mean, if there was a conscious effort on the part of these earlier civilizations to do this alignment, and it implies some kind of high degree of awareness and technical ability, why couldn't they get them aligned down to the centimeter? What's the problem? You're willing to give them credit for superior knowledge and ability, but only up to a certain degree?

People see only what they want to see, and fudge the rest to fit.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I guess my question here is why are the monuments so far off in the alignment?

maybe because of continental drift, cataclysms and so on?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
...surveying is tough work. Until modern times maps and locations were way off. It is interesting to read about how 18-19th century surveyors finally got the math and techniques down to accurately map the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just cherry picking sites. What about e.g. the Stonehenge or Göbekli tepe? Oops

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Excellent thread~!

I saw this on AA on History channel back a few months ago and was completely surprised at the preciseness of the placement of the site.

Thx for the links .. ~! Great Job~!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join