It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The realm inside yourself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Earlier today I was watching a documentary about the Big Bang, how scientist are close to discover what was before it... and about all the questions it brings: evolution vs a creator, etc.
While I was watching I was thinking to myself "the answers that men seek aren't out there, they are looking in the wrong direction."

I meditate a lot. Or I call it 'vision quests'. I love going inside myself and dwell there, let visions come to me, see strange and unusual things, even amuzing sometimes. There, where I go, reality is more real then it is here, colors are more vivid, senses are more tuned in. It's a place where guides are, where answers are found, where insights come to you. It's a good and nice place to be... It's my hiding spot, the place I turn to every opertunity I get and I imagine that it's a sortlike place I will go to after my body dies. I've been doing that ever since I was a little child, it's natural to me. I wish Earth was more like that.

So whenever someone asks me why I like to "meditate" (everyone seems to call it meditation, althoug that's not what it is) I tell them "because the world inside you is unimaginable bigger then the Universe ouside you".

It's as if there is a door inside you that you that is the enterance of a whole other realm and that is the place where our answers are.
Better, sometimes it feels like 'inside' is 'outside' and what's seemingly on the outside is really inside ourselfs.

It sadens me that the people I talk to in my daily life don't get it. They don't even get a glimps of it.
Sometimes that makes me wonder if maybe I'm the one who isn't getting it... lol

So the reason for my post is:
Does anyone here "get it", does what I write makes sense to anyone?
And if so, how do you call the place inside yourself? What are your experiences with it?

thanks

Disclamer: I'm not schizofrenic or suffer from any other mental illness (yes, I did ask the doc)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Totally get and understand you. Sometimes it amazes me when im in a busy area, or where theres people around in the sunlight etc.
I can go into a deep meditative mind, it feels like im in a whole nother world...a whole nother universe...like you said you see things better, you feel things better...and then you OPEN YOUR EYES and your like oh wow im here? i been here the whole time?

i guess the best way i can describe it is, it feels like i literally can step in between two worlds lol

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

hehe I know what you mean.
When I was younger I sometimes went there while I was in class, and then later I knew I was there but couldn't remember much of it. Now I remember everything.

And before someone says it: It's not the same as daydreaming!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I also get it! I don't meditate as much as I want to and it's a shame really because that is when my answers come. I like to think that when I close my eyes, I look into a different dimension where there is only calm, peace and good. Just a few nights ago, I was able to forgive someone that I have been very angry at for nearly two years. I thought I had forgiven this person before, but when the forgiveness REALLY came, I knew it and honestly, I could feel the anger evaporating from my body. That might sound crazy to some, but I swear I could feel it. Another thing that has helped is just trying to live in the "now", like some of us discussed in another thread a few days ago. Granted, sometimes I have to remind myself to snap back into the now, but when I do, sometimes it's almost as if I can meditate with my eyes wide open, while going through my daily life.

I think the world would be a better place if more of us meditated. A calm mind is a wonderful thing and it amazes me that I can try and try to reason things out or solve a problem on my own and drive myself crazy in the process and then when I finally quiet my mind and just let the answers come, it feels like the answer was actually there along, but my mind was just too busy to see it.

Great thread! S&F!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Star and Flag for you!

Yes I experience and meditate on the realm I choose everyday. What I find is that this realm is becoming more real than the physical plain and a much more desirable place to live your life on this earth. The things that keeps me from this realm of Love, beauty and peace, is unforgiveness, fear, anger, and all other erroneous emotions associated with human nature. What we think as the normal and expected emotions of human nature, keep us from this very real realm, that can be lived in the spirit, or what some people refer to as consciousness. And yes, this realm is within you, with no limits.

You asked what I call this place, this realm!
I know what my realm is called, and I never knew it existed before becoming a Christian. Its called the Kingdom of Heaven.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

I found this realm, (the Kingdom of God), without looking for it, through doing what Jesus said. Letting go of negative aspects of human nature, Through and in His Love!

All I can speak of is my realm, and it is an awesome and very real place.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sadly I've not experienced these realms on my own but I've been to the world on the inside and I understand. I understand how it is related to the outside world as well.

Now I think it's my task in life to reach this realm on my own. I know the feeling, I've experienced the inside. Does anyone have any advise to reaching the inside? What is your intent, method?

Thank you

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Funny that you mention living in the 'now'. Can you link that other thread you mention? I'd like to participate on that subject.
I often start meditation with a specific question in min. last week I requested to know the truth about the double numbers (11:11,...). The answer that came to me explained that all that the numbers do, is snap us back to the 'now'. Once you are aware of them they return your thoughts back to the moment. (but that's another duscussion).

Like I said in my earlier post, I do think that what we percieve as 'outside ourselfs' is actually like a bubble inside our 'inside world' (if that still makes sence, it's hard to put it in words). So we really are in two realms at the same time... maybe only seperated by our own brain.

I completely relate to what you are saying
thanks for the F and S

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

I guess it doesn't matter how we call it or which religion we choose, what lies beyond that is the same for everyone. I'm glad for you that you found your way

I also found that negative emotions block my access to those realms, while otherwise it's an open door. Also, when I go in my daily life with a possitive mindset I can almost feel the two worlds merge together. I realized that not so long ago: everything that is there, is also here, we just can't see it.

thanks for S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Sadly I've not experienced these realms on my own but I've been to the world on the inside and I understand. I understand how it is related to the outside world as well.
Now I think it's my task in life to reach this realm on my own. I know the feeling, I've experienced the inside. Does anyone have any advise to reaching the inside? What is your intent, method?

I've seen you ask these question a lot here on ATS and to be honest, I think you have experienced more then you give yourself credit for

When you say "I've been to the world on the inside", what are your experiences with it? Why do you find it difficult?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I find it sorta overwhelming, scary and eternal. I actually have a fear of the inside, anytime I start to leave my comfort/normal zone, I panic and grasp for normality. Then I get mad at myself for doing it and not giving in or going further. I'm mainly scared of never returning, not because I'm scared of death, but I don't want to cause suffering, pain, & sadness to my loved one if I never return.

The best way to actually describe the only places I feel like I've been on the inside is the mental plane described by Buddha and it feels like insanity.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Funny that you mention living in the 'now'. Can you link that other thread you mention?

Sure! It's this one right here: A life changing experiment.

I've felt a lot better since I've been trying this!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
going within is the only place you will find truth fantastic thread

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

As long as your body lives "you" stay linked to it, so there really is no need to be scared that you won't return.
Besides,
here is where you are now
and here is where you will always be.
Leave time and space out of concideration and you'll see that it's only your own perception that changes, like looking through the veil, through the illusion. Think about it

Do you have experience with visualisations? They might help you. You can visualize, let images come to you, without leaving your comfort zone.
If you like I can mail you a few exercises that I used to use... I think I posted them before on ATS though.
Let me know if you want them

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know what your saying and no your not alone! Life or our existence expands infinitely in all directions and by sometimes looking inward we can thereafter see far greater outward than we possibly imagined.

A functional benefit looking inward is the process of turning a thought into tangible reality, from concept to creation. This is obviously specific to the individual.

To enter the realm of thought creation where the subconsciousness meets consciousness I find thought visualisations sometimes helpful for me personally. By this, I don't specifically mean to visualise what it is you want to think about but rather to open ones subconscious mind using almost esoteric thinking, for me I tend to visualise wave patterns, the closest way I could describe it would be something similar to the screen saver 'mystify your mind' on the MS Windows Operating System but with movements in much slower and flowing motions. After a few moments I can also feel the colours and the waves as they change in direction, it's a funny feeling but you almost become one with them.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Great thread S+F.

I actually had an eye opening meditation last night that filled me with energy and peace at the same time. I have heard all of these spiritual teachers say that you "have to create inner space". Like oh so many things i am finding in my life, I thought I got what they were saying, but realized that it goes so much deeper. I try to admit to myself that I truly know nothing every day so I don't become entrenched in my ideas of life. I like to be bewildered from time to time and admitting to myself that nothing is set in stone has been a big help.

Back to inner space. I never really knew what was meant by inner space, or why space was so important in general. This is tough to describe with words but here goes.

Space is what connects us all and allows us to breathe and therefore live. When people think of hell, its usually an underground, dungeon-like, confined place with no room. Heaven is in what we call "space" It is way up above the clouds and wide open. Space, the thing that connects us all, gives us life, and fills us with wonder. Who doesn't look at the stars or a beautiful countryside in amazement?

We surround our life with material things, build roofs over our heads, and believe in only things we can touch or hold. The truly amazing stuff in life is the space between.

So I took this feeling of bewilderment and projected my inner space to extend past my roof, through the clouds, the stars, the galaxy, until there was nothingness. All things material disappeared and I was space. I was filled with an indescribable feeling of love and peace. Instead of just being a body, I became the space. The thing that literally connects us all.

Now I understand better how to create inner space and why it is so important. I have the feeling that what we call god is actually just the space all around us. The age of materialism is coming to an end. The human race will start appreciating the space more than what we fill it with.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by bringthelight]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
I find it sorta overwhelming, scary and eternal. I actually have a fear of the inside, anytime I start to leave my comfort/normal zone, I panic and grasp for normality. Then I get mad at myself for doing it and not giving in or going further. I'm mainly scared of never returning, not because I'm scared of death, but I don't want to cause suffering, pain, & sadness to my loved one if I never return.

The best way to actually describe the only places I feel like I've been on the inside is the mental plane described by Buddha and it feels like insanity.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by SeeingBlue]

Im trying to understand where your fear is coming from. Why do you call it insanity, what is insane about it?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

It's not hard for me to visualize things, but it's hard for me to concentrate and focus on a visualization. I lose focus, change thoughts. I need to be guided I think. I wouldn't ask you to mail me anything, but I would like to see the thread you are talking about.

I believe my fear spawns from things like wondering if my body is ok, can it handle this.. is something wrong? I'm always worrying about my body.

And this mental plane where it's said that an ordinary man would go stark raving mad if they spent enough time in this realm. Funny thing is, I didn't know about the mental plane until after my experience and then it started to make sense a little.

Only one time have I came close to achieving something, but my heart was racing, I felt pressure building and I was afraid something would happen to my body so I stopped it.

Thanks for trying to help.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Try a guided meditation track to keep you focused. I still use these every once in awhile. Just a little reminder to pull you back into non thought awareness really helps.

Accept what is and don't expect any results. There is nothing to fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Nice video

I would like to put forward another which people may enjoy. There is a focus on a development of elightened thinking from a spiritual perspective of which I very much appreciate, I realise it may not be everyones cup of tea. All the same, it's quite a relaxing video to watch using a variety of trance inducing techniques such as use of tone, spinning spirals and an abundance of 'spiritual thinking' to top it all off.

<<   2 >>

join