It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof?? I am calling you out!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well i just watched the Alex Collier video and I had to have a chuckle.
I am calling you guys and gals out.
Alex said to basically do nothing but give positive thoughts and prayers and good intentions to change the world.To me its a huge load of rubbish.

I dare you guys to prove me wrong.
If positive thoughts and prayers (and doing nothing) can change the world then take me up on this challenge.

I will give you as long as you need to accomplish what you guys THINK you can do.
Heres the test.
Can you change my life for the better??
If you did nothing but gave out good intentions and prayers etc...can you change my life in a positive way??
I highly doubt all this new age stuff works and is just a fiction of your imagination.
Lets prove it.

I will update you on any changes in my life as we go and I doubt there will be any.
I have lived and worked at the same place for the last 12 years and will notice any changes that will happen very easily.I am not talking about my own happiness...I am talking tangable change.Things you can actually see.

So I am calling you guys out...prove me wrong with your positive thinking!!
No B.S,no excuses...lets see if your theories hold any weight...I seriously am doubting you guys and want you to prove me wrong.

Any takers??

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the idea is that you have to think your own way out of this mess. Someone else's thoughts and prayers may overlap in your direction and positively affect you. But the only way to be sure is to try it yourself.

I've been accused of seeing the glass half empty by someone who sees it half full. His insistence that everything will be alright and we will handle anything that comes has held true. As long as I hold that possibility in my thoughts and prayers, it continues to be true.

A life of trauma and perpetual disaster has had an effect on my outlook. I believe in what I've already experienced. He, on the other hand, believes in what can be. That is the difference.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
From what Alex Collier said,we basically don't have to do anything but give good vibes.
Since I think its all garbage then I will ask the people who do believe it to prove it.
Send good thoughts and see if you can improve my life based on your beliefs.
Talk is very cheap which is my motivation for this thread.
No talking or giving excuse or telling me to do it...I don't believe this stuff so I am asking the people that do to prove it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I am not defending Alex here, but his lecture does not boil down to send out love and positive vibes.
He practically says we must take a stand and take responsibility for ourselves.
Please watch it again and read between the lines. If you see whats there you will understand why he just doesnt say it out loud. He'll be gone in a hartbeat without us ever knowing what happened to him

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
try with the law of attraction,i want to test it some more.
think of something u really want..liek a cool car
picture it..think about it,good feelings,like u reallly are enjoying dreaming about it.and see if u start meeting this car on the streets,or if u won a car prize ro something

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok im up for it. Dang it, sorry, I let a negative one slip by. Hope your ok.
Ill try better next time.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

What do you mean by he doesn't say it out loud.
I might have missed what you are talking about.
From what i got out of it,it was give positive thoughts to get change and I am laughing at that.
Hence this thread.
I want to test the theory.

Thinking is great but if i think about making a table it still isn't getting made til I actually do it.

For the record...he seems like a nice guy and i don't have anything against him...just what he said.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok, I found a dark, quiet place where I can concentrate. Wow its a little spooky in here. Is that you? Hey! is that you purring? Are you furry. Hey thats not nice. Are those claws. Hey hey hey stop it!!! Forget this positive crap, Im outta here............mean kitty.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well if you read between the lines you will get it.

Consider this, what would happen if he would say stand up to your goverment, and so on. He would not be allowed to be doing his stuff for a long time like he is now.
Take a look at his very first interview, and what he says about the missing children.
Same goes for this last lecture. It seems like he is preaching all love and light, but he knows that is not how the world works.
Let the love and lighters listen to this lecture and they'll only hear about the positive vibes.
If you let someone listen that embraces his whole being, bad and good, light and dark, that one will get what's been said between the lines.

There are a few people doing lectures that are not telling all they know. There is a reason why they say what they say, they give you just enough to figure it out for yourself and conect the dots. It sort off like a protection system, the ones that cant conenct the dots for themselves, probably are not ready for that truth.

I hope you see what i am getting at

Ps: I believe the law of attraction is a genuine concept. You should really try it out. I am experimenting with it as we speak.

[edit on 21/9/09 by locster]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Well if you read between the lines you will get it.

There is a reason why they say what they say, they give you just enough to figure it out for yourself and conect the dots. It sort off like a protection system,
]

Like protection? From finding out that they are full of crap or like when the preacher cant answer the question and he says..." well thats where faith comes in". Or is it because they are mentoring you... you need to figure it out for yourself....... They know but cant tell you.....Please. How much is he making having you figure it out for yourself? If its all about me who needs him? The only thing I feel is someones hand in my pocket.... And its not that cute little furry kitty!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Thinking is great but if i think about making a table it still isn't getting made til I actually do it.

Certainly not debating whether or not anyone can change your life but I'm am pretty sure your analogy explains his point. Just as you said, if you think about making a table you may actually build. Thought is the reason you built the table. Sorry if that may not make sense as I am confusing most the time but the point is a thought or way of thinking is 99% of the time the catalyst for the human action and consequential reaction. I suppose we could all send you U2U's with smiley faces
I know some people I would like to send to Happy Camp. I leave a garbage bag at the spot I fish because I know that as long is there is bag most people will throw their trash in it and every few days I take up a 3/4 bag of line and beer cans etc...but you will always have the few who refuse to comply but we try to lead by example.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Cool so can you tell me how much he makes of this?
Do you even know what happened to him after that first interview?

I can tell you ofcourse, but you probably would not believe me.
Wich is the whole point.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Cool so can you tell me how much he makes of this?
Do you even know what happened to him after that first interview?

He got a book deal?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I see your point, he must be loaded.
I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Can you change my life for the better??

No, nobody really can. You change your own life but people can help. There’s a good proverb.
God helps those who help themselves. You can change the word God if you want, but the underlying message is still, it’s starts with YOU.

If you did nothing but gave out good intentions and prayers etc...can you change my life in a positive way??

As mentioned above, you’d be the problem.

I highly doubt all this new age stuff works and is just a fiction of your imagination.
Lets prove it.

I already posted in the Video thread but you want proof of positive thinking, one word:

PLACEBO

Positive thinking has healed people they just have to believe it

And if you want a totally non related physical proof of “looking where you want to go” get on a motorcycle (but a bicycle should work too). Any riding manual will always tell you to look where you want to go. Try looking over your shoulder while riding in a straight line and you’ll find you start drift that way. Same applies for intention. Eyes on the prize, not the pitfalls.

So I suggest you wake up or STFU. And no I’m not necessarily for Alex Collier or a follower of his, it’s just the more posts I read on ATS the more I realise that a good chunk of people haven’t REALLY changed, they’re just jumping to a different gravy train as the current one is crashing.

To sum up what Alex said by my understanding is:

1) Take responsibility of yourself and your actions. Well what does that mean? If you do something, or don't do something for that matter, anything that becomes of that action is your doing. Don't blame it on others and don't expect anybody to save you.

2) Stop dwelling on the negative. As mentioned by other posts is the law of attraction. If you focus on the good things they'll come to you naturally.

[/endrant]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by EarthFallingApart]

top topics

join