It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Hates You.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Good Evening ATS

I know it's an edgy title, but hear me out.

If God favoured one emotion over the other, then surely life would be biased. If God loved you more than he hated you, then surely life on Earth, and in the Universe would be biased. If thoughts manifest reality, then Gods thoughts would have more "love" and thus create a more biased Universe.

So therefore that must mean God hates you just as much as he loves you.

I often hear people talk about the fact that God loves Us more than anything and God is pure love. That couldn't happen.

If he was pure love then hate wouldn't spawn from anywhere, and the Universe would have Love everywhere. But it doesn't, thats obvious. Everywhere we go, there is hate, there is negativity.

So what do you think of that then?

The love and the hate cancel eachother out, presenting an emotionless God. That would solve alot of lifes mysteries, wouldn't it?

Or, love and hate are both present, but it is up to us to choose our path.

Namaste.

Jacob

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I call ouch.

I'm going to have to think it over once the shock subsides.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i cant really say i agree with your way of thinking,but well yea,god can be pretty hatefull
+all say that love is more powerfull then hate,light then dark

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
God is man's invention.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
so you mean if he is responsible for all the good stuff, then he has to be responsible for all the bad stuff as well. some would have you believe that the dark forces are indepedneet of God, which is much easier to swallow, but in my bible he does refer to himself as the Alpha AND Omega, so I guess it may be plausible, but i would hope not.

Bender: I was God once.

God Entity: I saw. You were doing very well, until everyone died.

--------------------

God Entity: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.

Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!!

God Entity: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

--------------------

Bender: Does that mean you wouldn't send me back to Earth even if I prayed to you?

God: Earth? Which way is that?

Bender: I don't know....

-------------------

Bender: It was awful. I tried helping them, I tried not helping them but in the end I couldn't do them any good. Do you think what I did was wrong?

God: Right and wrong are just words. What matters is what you do.

Bender: Yeah I know, that's why I asked if what I did- Forget it.

Futurama - Godfellas

[edit on 21-9-2009 by drsmooth23]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

If love was more powerful that hate, then why isn't it present in everyday life? If anything, hate is the easy route, and love is the long route.
Again, this comes down to balance.

reply to post by mavman

Lets not make this a debate of Gods existence, although i'd like to here what you have to say. Hit me up with a u2u if you feel the need.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Thats a very good point.
Alpha and Omega.

Although i don't believe the God in the bible was our God.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Argh!!! How DARE you make me examine my beliefs, again.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this.

Seriously though...damn it.

I've always heard that he doesn't hate 'us'...what he hates is the sin...do you think that is a way of spinning the same idea?

I had a guy tell me one time that I needed to stay out of the Old Testament...there was a lot of smitin' and pillar of salt stuff goin' on back then...lots of wanderin' in the desert type stuff...because of God's 'wrath.'

To try and take this a little bit further. I don't know if you have any kids, but do you think you would hate them as much as you loved them?

The relationship between a god and a human is often compared along lines of parent and child...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Speak for yourself.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Na, my god has a very interesting sense of humor.
I have no clue of other peoples god.......

It sounds like your talking of the ying and yang theory??
What goes up must come down.....

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think of it this way: Hate, destruction are more akin to entropy. While entropy is a natural occurance, it is also the path upon which things fall without any positive interference from an outside system. Now, that's not to say that entropy in itself is negative....... it is necessary.

Love and creation and creativity, on the other hand, require people/creatures/systems to DO SOMETHING, rather than to just allow the natural order to exert itself.

I tend to believe that humanity tends toward passive inaction rather than positive action. I think we choose our actions whether we are conscious of those choices or not.

Disease, natural disasters and other things we perceive as adverse (unless created artificially by humanity) might in truth just be a balancing of nature's systems. For example, it might be better in the long run for a subset of creatures -- let's say jackrabbits -- to have a plague befall them and cull their numbers periodically, rather than face extinction of a group from malnutrition.

Perhaps if there is an ALL-THAT-IS, or Godhead, to move toward it is to create, and thus to love the creation, and to allow systems to fall apart is the antithesis of that.

This isn't really a theory of mine, just a random thought that popped into my head upon reading the OP. That's not going to get better with age, is it?

[edit to remove biased theological phrase]

[edit on 21/9/09 by argentus]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

No, i don't have kids.
And if i did, i'd love them to bits.
What i'm saying is that God is The Almighty Creator, and that if he made the Universe, then he must be balanced, otherwise the Universe wouldn't.
A physical creation of another human being isn't equally equatable to God creating the entire Universe. I am only making one thing, whereas God would be making Zillions. If thats a number.

reply to post by dgtempe

Do you only want to put my theory down? Or do you want to be helpful and add a viewpoint onto this thread, other than a simple, "Thats just stupid" attitude?

reply to post by mcgrower

I'm not talking about the Yin and Yang theory, just using it as something you can try to relate the theory too.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I cannot see how God can have emotions. And love/hate are emotions. So i consider your basic assumption wrong. This world is what we make it into, if there is a lot of hate - then first thing to do is to examine what WE contribute into it. I think that once freedom of choice (huuge question if it exists of course, but if it does...) was granted - blaming the God is just an excuse.
Simple question - don't you think that we could have done some things a lot better then we do it now? Like -hunger, poverty, pollution and such. Because technology is there.... So God hates us, or we are unwilling to make the right choices?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Haha, nice edit

If entrophy isn't negative, then it is the messenger of negativity. It brings something that then creates negativity.

It is necessary. Exactly. It is necessary to keep the Universe in balance. Therefore if the Universe needs keeping in balance, it must of been balanced upon the "day of creation" meaning both Love and Hate were present.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Of course, it is in our own hands. If you read the bottom of the OP, then i stated that if the love and hate are equal then they could cancel eachother out, thus leaving "emotions" in our hands, which then allows us to create the world the way we want it.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Ok,it is just me jumping to conclusions without reading the whole OP, again. Another bad choice....
As an excuse - your title is very provocative.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is this a re-post?
I remember reading the exact same thing here on ATS not so long ago...

I don't believe in an all loving God because such a God wouldn't let His children starve to death... and all the other cruelty that goes around.

I do believe in a Universal greater power that gives you what you desire.
Every current thought is seen as a desire, also your uncouncious thoughts.
Think bad things= getting bad things
Think good things= getting good things.

I believe in the LOA. It's all loving if you are and it's all hating if you are.
Energy is only neutral untill you flavor it with your thougths

cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Haha, i know. I tried to keep the OP short, to try to get people to read the FULL OP, but you know

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Ermm... No?

Ah that fits well.
God has no emotions, because emotions obviously create biasness. We were given the choice to create reality via our thoughts.

What i thought is that maybe God created the Universe through his thoughts. If his thoughts were good and loving, the Universe would be good and loving, and if his thoughts were bad and hateful, then, well that outcome is obvious.

Thats why he must hate us aswell as love us, because otherwise the whole Universe wouldn't be balanced.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I beg to differ.
From my own point of view i see that hate is a nothingness or an absence of love. Much like darkness cannot exist when a bright light shines so darkness itself is nothingness. Same as death, nothing but the absence of life.
So all of those negative things you attribute to equalibrium; hate, darkness, death etc are basically nothingness or oblivion, and therefore signposts to what life without God is like.
But with God; love, light and life for if God be the light of the world, the life, the creative force that bought all things into being as a mirror of Himself, His attributes, His immortality and unchangingness, then your supposition would negate His immortality and life because He cant be both alive and dead at the same time. Sin therefore is the root of death, darkness and hate for as the Bible says "The wages of sin is death," and God cannot look upon sin because it is destructive rather than creative and goes agains who He is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join