It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I'm not new, but this little guy is!! (I'm now a father!! :D )

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
not trying to be a jerk

i mean congratulations and all

but why the hell is this on the main page at ats?

seriously tho?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Brb, gonna make more babies

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hello, Eli Hunter...welcome to the world!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

We can take a moment out of serous business and congratulate a member on their new addition. There is nothing in the world like having your own child. It is a reason to celebrate.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Congrats on the baby. I have one on the way due march 12. I was really hoping more people would have brought up information about the vaccinations.Its a big worry of mine also.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
once again, i wanna thank everyone for the uplifting comments, and all the positivity throughout the entire thread!!

i also wanted to make a note that my little guy got his circumcision today, and i know he's having a little trouble right now, but all i can do is pray for a speedy recovery! moreover, i wanted to make note of this post from this thread:

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Perhaps the difference in terms comes fromthe goal of the proceedure. With FGM, the goal is to prevent sexual pleasure - to prevent orgasm and sexual thoughts. For men, it's done for religious reasons, and now done for cosmetic and for the false pretense of cleanliness. Sure 200 years ago it helped prevent all kinds of infections, but not anymore. It's not needed. Cosmetically, sure. I've had men tell me they would want their sons to be circumsized to look like them, to not be laughed at in gym, to not be different from everyone else, and yes, so women will like them. Rediculous, in my oppinion, and cosmetically, I think uncircumscised penises look just fine.

Also, could the naming difference be because of the people who are bringing the issue to light? For women, its a much more charged issue. All of the articles and oppinion pieces I've read about FGM are from women and dealing with womens rights. Women, who are a lot more emotionally connected to the issue, are probably more likely to use terms like mutilation. Ever read anything by men opposed to male circumscision? They use terms like mutilation also.

Thankfully, not circumscising male children in the US is becoming a lot more accepted.

i started to research circumcisions more about a week ago when my wife brought up the fact that Medicaid won't cover the cost of circumcisions because it's merely "cosmetic"... but wait, i thought, i've always heard that it was for cleanliness, and at least thought that it was for functionality, not cosmetic, purposes! well it turns out, that's a load of crap!

circumcisions are simply carried out for religious or cultural reasons, and most of the world won't practice male/female genital mutilation because there's really no need for it! i've also heard that it's purely a sexual thing:

Little male babies do not need their penile foreskin cut off. It is totally unnecessary, especially in today's world. Many ancient civilizations performed circumcision for religious rites and ritualistic reasons and purposes, many dealing with sex rituals. According to religio-political occult philosophy researcher Jordan Maxwell, it was discovered that the penis attains an erection quicker while circumcised.

Remove ritualistic reasons (beliefs) behind circumcision and circumcision is absolutely unnecessary and illogical. To say little boy babies need to be circumcised is to say God screwed up (leaving the foreskin of the penis in tact) and man must come to the rescue and right God's wrong, and of course to man this is done by removing unnecessary foreskin on the penis.

www.dherbs.com...

...and what exactly does Jordan Maxwell, one of the most profoundly influential occult researchers (one of my favorites!) of all time, have to say about this??

This brings us to the subject of circumcision. Now, what does cutting the foreskin off of a boy's penis have to do with the Lord? It doesn't have a thing to do with the Lord, it has to do with sex. That is why you are messing around with the boy's penis. They had the boys circumcised because they found out that a man would get aroused quicker, without the foreskin rather than with the foreskin. That was not new with the Hebrews, this ritual goes way back to stone age man. The Egyptians did the same thing, preparing boys for a little sex worship.

(Maxwell, Jordan. Matrix of Power: How the World Has Been Controlled by Powerful People without Your Knowledge. Escondido, CA: The Book Tree, 2000; p. 50)

well, i left this decision up to my wife, and i guess if it was up to me, i would have said no (which would also have saved us $300...
)

well, i just thought i would share all of this with you, and i'm so happy to receive all of the nice things that you all have said!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Congratulations is mos definately in order. So CONGRATULATIONS: Hope everything works out for you for the best. Take good care of that littly guy as he is your and ours future.

Great looking kid, an my wife was just ohhh and ahhh over it. Best of luck for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Congratulations to both you and your wife!
Hope your kid grows up healthy, wealthy, and wise.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

As a parent the worries will never end. Want advice? Take it one day at a time. Enjoy the moment. Tell him and his mom you love them every day. The rest is not important, matters but not important.

Edit to add:

All 3 of my boys were circumcised. No religious reason, Dr. said best for him for when he is older. 'nough said.

[edit on 23/9/09 by Rhain]

[edit on 23/9/09 by Rhain]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

healthy and wise i can deal with, but hopefully there won't be a Federal Reserve by the time he realizes what money is!

...unless, you meant wealthy in the sense that does NOT pertain to money/currency!

...in other words, wealth, as in abundance - a wealth of love, a wealth of fervor, a wealth of gratitude, a wealth of humbleness, etc...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Heh, wealth can be anything worthwhile. Wealthy in family, wealthy in friends.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i just wanna let everyone know that i still haven't had a cigarette since his circumcision!

i hardly even have the urge at all anymore

to be honest, every now and then i'll want one, but people don't realize how easy it is to just NOT smoke... it's a lot easier than you think to not do something. the hard part is, though, is figuring out what to do instead, but if you come prepared for the situation, then you'll be alright... at least until all the nicotine leaves your system anyway!

again, i thank everyone for your support and all the sincere comments! ...i love you all!

peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join