It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN vs. FOX NEWS - Tit for tat - What happened to real news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
MSM news agencies FOX NEWS and CNN have hit an all time low. Recently Fox News released an add campaign stating that CNN failed to cover the events of the recent 'tea party' rallies and CNN rebutted on air with a 5 minute segment.

Rick Sanchez goes on to call Fox News 'Liars' and make a needless reference to reporters they have sent to Afghanistan and Iraq who 'endangered' their lives reporting 'news'. For one, that is their job, secondly, there was a lot more that could have been covered overseas than what has been.

This is the largest distraction campaign I have ever seen out of main stream news. It is completely unprofessional and undermines everything a news agency should represent.

News should be unbiased representation of facts that are either investigated or acquired from legitimate sources. News should cover all aspects of an issue and give the viewer the opportunity to decide the meaning. It shouldn't be biased, it shouldn't have any emotional context and it shouldn't have an personal opinions. Otherwise it is not news, it's entertainment.

While these channels do release some news... Their entertainment programs (Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Lou Dobbs come to mind) are what bring in ratings.

I am curious to know what side both agencies are on and what interests they are supporting. Rick Sanchez shows one segment at the end of his rant where the reporter states 'some people here are even comparing Obama to Hitler'. I'm not sure why they actually used that segment and not another... any hidden context?

Regardless of what this segment was trying to achieve, it's distracting, and has no place in the media. Both companies are a farce and I see them as useful as a press release or a everyday t.v. commercial. Although I would like to know what interest ,exactly, they represent.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately, what you say is all too true. People by their very nature are petty, argumentative, and glory seeking. When you organize them together into groups, charge them with reporting information, give them a venue that reaches millions, and validate their reporting as having the ability to change the world, it's no wonder the facts get pushed aside and replaced with entertainment. They believe they are reporting the news as it happens but really, what are the stories that get reported? Sensationalized versions of events that focus on atrocity and stimulation...sex, crime, celebrities. The stories that matter are all too often left on the cutting room floor. Joe Wilson yells at the President and we have to hear one talking head after another provide insightful prescient analysis ad nasuem. It's great if you enjoy that sort of thing, painful and frustrating if you don't. That's why I get a kick out of NPR. Just the facts ma'am...reported in bland, sterile, non-sensational audio bliss.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'll help you a little. You only need to copy the youtube number into the yvid code. Press my quote button and you can see how I did it.

Being a CNN watcher, I saw this and also thought it was not necessary, but I didn't think it was any worse than other opinion pieces from many other news anchors. CNN is also mentioning Fox news before and after commercial breaks. You know when they usually play the twenty year old phrase from James Earl Jones, "CNN, the most trusted name in news". I suspect this is the beginning of a wider campaign against Fox.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Ahh, thank you.

I'm a just curious if it is a campaign to get better ratings or if they are trying to discredit each other and both are working for separate interests.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ive had both on in the background all morning and both stations newcasters are morons. They are horrible speakers! I dont even pay attention because when I do they say something that makes me want to throw my shoe at them. They are just stupid imo..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You did it to yourselves. Americans will only tune in if it's packaged with sensationalism. Now the networks have to one-up each other for your attention/ratings.

Stop watching, they'll stop pushing. Look at news in the UK via BBC and here in Canada on CBC/Global, the newscasters look as if they're going to fall asleep half the time, that's the signature of real news

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

We have George Strombopupopolopulus for our entertainment on CBC...

I know, I know, there is probably a couple more o's in his last name, its hard to spell.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyShame

I have no idea but watching mainstream news gives me a headache. just the same voices saying the same things over and over and over. They run one story for a full hour and say the same thing every 10 minutes.

Plus, seems like everytime I turn to CNN they are talking trash about FOX. So yea they are childish morons. Not sure how they got so big.

top topics

join