It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over columbia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is a video i found on youtube just now, its from a guy that has lots of vids which starts the alarm bells ringing, but i found it interesting enough to post it anyways.

www.youtube.com...

What does everybody think? l.e.d kite? terrestrial craft? balloon? or something else.....

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hard to tell it is a really low quality video and the camera man did not have a real steady hand. It kinda looks like there might have been a cut around 2:20 but i can't be sure. There is nothing to show if the object is really moving or not and the object never "fades" the camera man just stops filming it and zooms out.

edit to add:
The youtube uploader has numerous hoaxes on his page i do not see why this one would be and different.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
really nice video it could be a remote device like the ones in orange county CA but it is definately interesting. I am interested to see some more members chime in on this one. S&F for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Hard to tell it is a really low quality video and the camera man did not have a real steady hand. It kinda looks like there might have been a cut around 2:20 but i can't be sure. There is nothing to show if the object is really moving or not and the object never "fades" the camera man just stops filming it and zooms out.

edit to add:
The youtube uploader has numerous hoaxes on his page i do not see why this one would be and different.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by zaiger]

Here is a better view of the blue thing!

www.dailymotion.com...

Actually it is the same view, but better quality!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that we finally have a video that cannot be shrugged off at a glance and dismissed and NO ONE wants to discuss it?

Could we get some of our usual suspects to stabilize the object for a better look?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
thanks for the replies people, anybody got any suggestions as to what it is then?
Thanks atrofi for adding the better quality video to the thred.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I really don't know, what I find so interesting is the lack of replies. Its almost like they are trying to get this thread to die so noone else sees this video. It is unusual for a video of this type to get such a small response.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi , im new at ATS but been lookin at the site for months maybe, and with this thread it made me subscribe, i saw the same blue light ship up in the sky of Montreal,Canada

p.s. sorry for my bad english

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Bellamy

Thanks for signing up. Welcome to the mass of voices

This is what I was hoping to hear. It is also why I feel that some are trying to let this thread die off. I think this may be a genuine UFO as in something we have no knowledge of or simple explanation for. Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Bellamy

welcome to ATS. Can you tell us a little about your sighting? im very interested in sightings, thanks

NephraTari, thank you for supporting this thread, i dont know why people arent replying, i know there is a thread at the minuite about a possible UFO/drone/aircraft being shot down over israel so maybe people are focusing on that more, i have also been posting on there, it is very intriguing.

Come on people, anybody seen this video before i have posted or has any explanations then step up please, all are welcome.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I really don't know, what I find so interesting is the lack of replies. Its almost like they are trying to get this thread to die so noone else sees this video. It is unusual for a video of this type to get such a small response.

Nobody is trying to get this thread to die it is just that it is not a very good video. Poor quality, unsteady cam and it is really hard to tell what im looking at.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Thats what happens when you are caught offguard by something. It is NOT CGI. if you want great quality there are plenty of fake videos to browse through but if you want to see it as it happens for real.. you have to accept that they don't just appear to people with awesome video equipment ready to go!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I hate to rain on the parade, but the skeptic in me says:

This plus some of these can easily recreate this particular sighting event. No CGI or other fakery methods needed.

The camera used just doesn't have the ability to resolve the object to any substantial detail. There's also no good reference to scale. Yet the way it holds position while occasionally moving side to side, seems very suggestive of what I think it is.

At least I'm not convinced by this one.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Very true that could be a very logical answer, but its the reactions of the people there that says it could be more than just an l.e.d kite. maybe im wrong.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It is NOT CGI. if you want great quality there are plenty of fake videos to browse through but if you want to see it as it happens for real.. you have to accept that they don't just appear to people with awesome video equipment ready to go!

Let me get this straight... The great quality ones are usually fake, so when we have a video that is obviously not good quality, it must be the real deal?

It may well be that these people saw the object so clearly that they knew it couldn't be explained as any mundane aerial phenomenon, or it may be that they saw something that they thought couldn't be explained, but actually was mundane, like a kite with LEDs, or a distant blimp with an illuminated advertisement (we've seen how deceptive these can be, viewed from distance).

In any case, we just can't tell from this video. The data is inconclusive so we can't be sure if the object is unexplainable or not. We can pretend that there's an alien spacecraft (or a deep space plasma phenomenon) in that video and be excited about it, but we shouldn't be carried away thinking that we know it is something like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just a small notice, wind, lots of it. Not just a small breeze but quite strong, i doubt a small kite or rc toy could remain stationary like this. then again the video is really too shaky to tell for sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Maestro28

again a good observation, the trees are blowing quite wildly. Thank you for that

peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

I am not saying to jump to the most extreme but usually when something is hard to write off it gets avoided til they can come up with something to discredit it.. how long did it take for them to come up with the kite idea? Quite a while compared to most threads. And its pretty obvious its not a kite. I am amused that this is becoming a new favorite excuse for UFOs.. its rapidly catching up to the chinese lantern excuse.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And its pretty obvious its not a kite. I am amused that this is becoming a new favorite excuse for UFOs.. its rapidly catching up to the chinese lantern excuse.

Perhaps because some observations have turned out to be just LED kites or chinese lanterns? After all, if you see something strange, it's a lot more probable that it's a kite or a chinese lantern (or a flare, a blimp or a RC toy) than a non-man made technological space vehicle.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

You know I didn't SEE anyone jump to that conclusion here. Except you. We just said it couldn't be easily explained away. That doesn't mean it is not military or something like that. Maybe you should read the thread more carefully before you put statements in it that were not posted.

<<   2 >>

join